1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

[FACTION!] The Miniknog...

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by TAP123, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Khuzor

Khuzor New Member

I was thinking more Norman-Rockwell-ville than the Siberian Gulag type of strict security

2. Weavle105

Weavle105 Back in Black.

*Shrug*

3. Finestein Goodlad

Finestein Goodlad Wizard Mod

Thank you for your comment! That was very interesting!

4. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

Status update, currently the training facility is near completion. After this all that need to be done is to fix up the colony and ships and then roleplay can begin.

5. Arhicath

Arhicath New Member

In my opinion Apex are a pretty dull archetype for a character without the existence of the Miniknog, so a part of me is really hoping this doesn't crash and burn.

Without the Miniknog most Apex seem to fall into the classes of either; intellectual scientists pushing their glasses up their flat noses as they cure various types of cancer while acting smart and sophisticated or furry human. (Probably why there are next to no Apex in the first place). Some sort of involvement in what is pretty much the only thing that causes conflict in the life of a mentally enhanced super-being could make Apex as a whole really pop up population wise.

6. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

Status Report: The training facility is near completion and the flagship is built and being furnished. Things on the list still include:
    -The colony (could range from just a few houses to give a sense of a colony, and worked on later, or a full on colony)
    -Some other smaller ships
    -Uniforms
    -Weapons
    -Tabs on people who are participating

WIth this, I could use some help! While I'm building, I'm not very set on getting uniforms quickly or coloring clothing and weapons, etc. If anyone would like to assist me with this please let me know!

7. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

I'll go ahead and participate since it doesn't appear that my initial apex faction is gaining any ground.

8. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

More than welcome to! Hit me up on steam or a message.

9. Loveless

Loveless New Member

I love coloring things with SBSE. It's a bit of a process, but I can turn any color into any color. Just let me know what you need, I'd love to help out.

10. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

I can help out with this too, and if @TAP123 would like I can show him how as well. I can also do weapons to a degree, but only combinations of existing sprites (Pixel-by-pixel is too tedious for me). I can't do ships, and I might be able to help with building the colony.

EDIT: On another note, I think we probably have enough people to set up a faction page...?

#50 DeltaV, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2014
  11. Weavle105

Weavle105 Back in Black.

S-sorry... *Shuffles awkwardly*

12. Loveless

Loveless New Member

I can do pixel-by-pixel. It's really friggin' tedious and I'm a crappy pixel artist, but that's why I'm offering.

13. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

You're TV's need to have camera's in them to watch you while you watch them.
    Big Ape respects you by not respecting your privacy.

14. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

Well ofc. Telescreens for teh win.

15. Khuzor

Khuzor New Member

as far as Uniforms go I say we use a Color Schematic for them ala Star trek, All MiniKnog Uniforms are grey ingame save the colored coat lining.

[​IMG] - Officers/Captain
    [​IMG] - Scientists/Medical Staff
    [​IMG] - Engineering/Technicians
    [​IMG] - Soldiers/Security/ KnoG Biuro ( Propaganda Police)

#55 Khuzor, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
  16. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

I have had previous ideas for this! Working on getting the ranking system settled and such. Will be much easier when we have a sub forum of our own, so for now I'm updating people who've been interested in a private chat.

17. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

Just a thought, my character's backstory was that he and his band of mercenaries assisted the rebels against the miniknog years ago. They were destroyed and scattered, of course, but if you want you could at least have knowledge of the group because your job is to hunt rebels and such.

#57 Donovennn, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
  18. Khuzor

Khuzor New Member

Not exactly, Rebels are at best a minor nuisance, or mayhaps a leisurely distraction. Big Ape sends fleets out here with much greater plans than hunting down some ragtag anarchists.

19. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

ah ok, just thought it would be interesting. it's fine.

20. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

Don't let that keep the possibility closed. We're open to discussion! Still in beginning stages at the moment.