1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The United Systems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Angre, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Hello, everyone, this is Angre, I play DuskFeather on the server. I am currently one of the OOC leaders of the United Systems faction in the absence of the faction founders, and it has come to our attention that we are not liked -at all-. This thread is here to allow you, the community, to voice any and all concerns, while we do our best job to answer any questions you have about this faction.

A thread like this has been needed for months now. Since this faction's founding, we've received hate, no one can deny that. We won't deny that, in many cases, we deserved that hatred. We've done our best to fix the way the community views us, but there is little else we can do without completely changing the way we and our colonies function. So please, tell us, what is it that you dislike so much about us?

2. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

The fact that you have no /real/ leaders and that when you RP, your faction as a whole tends to do it /away/ from everybody else (circlejerk), making it alienated and easier to hate.

3. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

Would be nice if Sloth would show up from time to time.

And the "circejerk" is often a 2-way street. Nobody wants to RP with them, leaving them to have to do things alone.

4. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

As a military faction, it'd be wrong for us to try to get involved in matters that have nothing to do with us. That's an easy way to create conflict, constantly trying to get involved in other people's business. And Malachar is correct, nobody is interested in RPing with us, unless you consider a few attacks against Marathon a few months ago people wanting to RP with us. But even then, they were only interested in hurting a powerful faction and getting away with it. As for leaders, we do have them. However, we don't RP the leaders of the United Systems, or the General of the USCM, because, first of all, they wouldn't be present in Antares, or at least not at Union. In an actual military, you don't receive your orders directly from a General. That's what Commissioned Officers and Non-Commissioned Officers are there for.

5. Finestein Goodlad

Finestein Goodlad Wizard Mod

While you introduce it well during those first training courses as a military faction (From start, till the introduction to weaponry. Then it goes dumb when you start showing people non-lethal weaponry by using it on recruits. It's just dumb, really.), in the end it all boils down to you sitting at the Hammer Point and deal with own relationships and drama. You had Joshua leading most of the time, but he himself became bored and stopped being active. Cole is not as active himself. Duskfeather got no idea how military works. While USCM/USAF as a player run faction had it's potential, eventually it just boils down to another amateur military faction. You need more stable leadership and just shrug off those former leaders who pretty much ditched you, because they're now a dead burden. Find someone you can trust to act as a leading type. Heck, make an NPC-type of a character, even. Stop making ridiculous decisions such as making crazed florans corprals and so on. Try restoring your reputation by trying to involve your RP with other people which isn't just you sitting in taverns of other colonies or going to random distress calls which often turn into a clusterfug. And stop turning USAF/USCM into a dating sim that disguises itself as a military faction.

My point is that you have the potential, but because of mistakes you get what you have now.

6. King Tickle

King Tickle I hope it rains in this tunnel.

That's what happens when Verita isn't there to discipline them. *Wink*

7. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

While you have some good points, you are aware this is actually done in the military yes?
    They aren't allowed to use non lethal weapons until they have experienced the effects themself

The whole "crazed floran thing" is opinion, more so on Krishna's part. Matt is actually quite stable

When nobody wants to RP with you to begin with, what else is there than tavern RP, which is sadly 80% of RP anyway.

USAF/USCM into dating sim?
    There are a few romances around, you are aware we're RPing lives here, there are more to the characters lives than just the duty to their faction...

8. Finestein Goodlad

They don't do it in a row and then they have a training themselves with it (shooting targets and so on). What you've done is: tested bunch of non-lethal weapons (such as flashbangs, strong variants of tazers and grenades that exploded in a cloud of rubber projectiles) in a row on recruits. Such things could traumatize a recruit and put them out of service. It is not practical or professional.

9. King Tickle

It's RP, not professionalism.
    If they want a secluded military dating-sim, they can do it I suppose.

10. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Clarice brought it up too, but got ignored. Alot.

11. Finestein Goodlad

Using Krishna as an arguement or whatever is quite poor, since I never used her as an example at all and she is just a private when it comes to USCM. She obviously doesn't fit a commanding position right now, even position as a soldier. She has her own standards which pull her from that. But that's not the topic.

And there are relationships everywhere, unless you are as blind as your character is. Sure they live their lives, but they don't let their lives interrupt their service.

12. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

I must truly be that blind then. Because I routinely notice "life-rp" constantly having to be put on hold whenever there is a call or they are needed elsewhere.

13. Finestein Goodlad

More time for swordfights with dads, I suppose.

14. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

In an attempt to quell petty arguments from starting, are there any more issues that would need to be brought to light?

Primarily talking OOC ones, IC happenings are IC are are not easily subject to change.

15. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

You're upset over Malachar pointing out it's your character's opinion that Matt is insane, then you drag Petal into this? Please refrain from trying to start arguments in this thread, I'd prefer it if this remains civil, and that was clearly an attempt to start something. And you're wrong, relationships don't affect our characters' actions as soldiers, it only adds to their development, so I don't see why you pointed it out. Rarely do relationships affect anything more important.

16. Sen

Sen Guest

The USCM is filled with psychopaths who lack professionalism and political awareness.

The magic scanner that wins at everything forever doesn't help. It's become -the- symbol of godmoding for the server.

Also, hardcore masturbatory power trip fantasies.

17. Finestein Goodlad

I was never really upset, neither I did drag Petal into this.

18. King Tickle

There's a reason no one wants to RP with USCM anymore lelelelel.
    Yes, IC actions are IC.
    So if you want to join an army faction that does more social gobilty-gook than military events, join USCM.

19. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

20. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

They can't do military RP cause nobody wants to RP with them because they don't do military RP because nobody wants to RP with them because...