1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

NovaKids may be more involved than we think...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Loveless, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Loveless

Loveless New Member

Woot! Crazy fan-theory time! Drinks all around!

So, if you guys can be civil in telling me I'm a stupid asshole, I'll digress.

NovaKids!
    We're all excited about the new race that seems to have come from nowhere. But I think there were a few hints at their existence in the lore. What hints, you ask? The Avians and Glitch, I respond with ill-placed confidence.

How? Well, for the avians, they did at one point worship beings they referred to as being made of celestial light. Novakids already give off a sort of hyper trickster-y vibe, so they totally could have gotten bored and decided to dick around.

As for the glitch, they make even more sense to be manufactured by the NovaKids. It's obvious the original creators never finished the glitch and got bored with the prospect, moving on and abandoning the robots to evolve as they saw fit without any supervision. That sounds like something the NovaKids would do.

So, what do you guys think? Over-indulged malarkey trying to cash in on the NovaKid hype, or well-spoken theory?

2. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Assuming that Novakids keep their chaotic, rambunctious nature, it's highly unlikely they'd have the patience to cultivate a species, or set up a galaxy wide experiment. Their technology is in a constant state of ebb and flow, because they don't bother to learn about it after a few generations. Century-long experiments and upliftings are not the kind of things for beings that have a naturally short attention span.

As for the 'Being made of celestial light', imagine modern gods. And prophets, the miracles that surround them and such. It's entirely possible that they're simply stoked, legend upon legend eventually getting carved into stone. (Not to offend anyone, this is purely for conjecture.)

Then again, it is possible. It wouldn't make a lot of sense for the Novakid now, but if there was some calamitous event that literally changed how their entire species thinks and reacts, then it's possible.

Alternatively, it'll get shoe-horned in and won't quite make sense. But no one said Chucklefish were the greatest writers in the universe.

3. Loveless

Loveless New Member

If I recall correctly, both of which wouldn't really require that much patience. There's always a bit of truth behind the legend. Look at how in Star Trek they saw the enterprise and it shaped what they viewed as a god, something similar could have been done when a NovaKid was bored. And the glitch weren't finished or followed through with, it's as if somebody got partway through making an android and went "screw it" and started chucking it away.

4. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

This provides our second, OOC issue. The lore of the Avians and Glitch was established long before the Novakid were even a thing (though, I suppose, it is prone to change). Also, in the PDF (however official it may or may not be) for the Avian lore, it states that their homeworld was heavily terraformed. That's not something that takes a few months. It takes generations. The idea that the Novakid in their current state would have the attention span enough to raise all the necessary scientists, mechanics, technicians, biologists, etc. etc. etc. to advance to THAT stage is unlikely.

5. Loveless

Loveless New Member

Interesting point, I wasn't aware of that. I'd have to agree with you, there.

6. Animator

Animator New Member

It's pointless speculation until actual lore comes out. For all we know, they could just as easily responsible for the creation of the galaxy and all life; but we don't. For now, all we know is that they're people made of gas that are brilliant, but have puny attention spans to the point where they are forced to reinvent something after enough time passes.

Also, they have extremely pimpin' ships. Have you guys seen their ship? All it needs is a classy black paint-job and it is just flawless. Who knows what the bigger ship tiers have in store?