1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Greetings!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Seethe, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Seethe

Seethe New Member

I'm Seethe. I found your little corner of the internet, and I'm really rather pleased with what I see! Rather new to Starbound-based RP, but I've otherwise been roleplaying for well over ten years.

ohmygodimgettingold

I've scoped out the forums for a little bit before registering ( I hope that doesn't make me sound terribly suspicious! ), and love the community that seems to be bustling around here. I'm very happy to join you, and excited to play!

Cheers! <3

2. Aromyl

Aromyl Mad Coder

It's always good to check something out before jumping into it. Looking forward to possibly seeing you in-game! If you have any questions, feel free to ask anyone.

Have fun and good luck!

3. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

Hello, respect mah authoriteh.

I'm kidding, I have none :( I do however have HKC faction authoriteh.

4. Seethe

Seethe New Member

Out of curiosity, is there something that can be done about hunger levels early on? I've largely been sitting on my ship reading things while tabbed, but it appears I'm starving to death.

5. CaptainBritton02

The ILikeCheating mod is a server compatible spawning pack. You can spawn whatever you want as long as you don't abuse it. It's great for spawning armors to recolor and for spawning tools and food.

6. Seethe

Seethe New Member

Oh, okay. I've never worked with mods, but I'm reading about it now. It says it's modular for what can be not installed. Is there a way to limit it to just, say, food, for example?

7. CaptainBritton02

Yes, but it's much easier just to download the whole thing. All you have to do is click the big download button, and get to where it says open or save, click save, then close the box that come after it saying two open options, then go to your files, file downloads, you'll find it, right click on it, click extract all. Once there are all the separate files in the downloads, then open the starbound folder, create a new folder in the starbound folder called mods or anything, put all the individual things in there. And then, you have the mod.

8. Seethe

Seethe New Member

Done and done! Cheers!

9. Seethe

Seethe New Member

Is there a way to chat locally? Like, immediately around you, so as not to use the galactic/global channels? I'm sorry for all of the questioning, I'm pretty new to Starbound in general ( except singleplayer, where chat isn't an issue! )

10. Aromyl

Aromyl Mad Coder

Not as of late, no.

11. CaptainBritton02

Global channel is really all we got, Try not to be awkward in it or we will make a hilarious IG pic about it))

12. VaporDispersion

VaporDispersion Superflappy Dogefish

I am also one of the older guys... Been doing RP since 2006. If you need pointers (Mods, Sites, ABC files für music) without having to spam the chat, PM me for Steam username, I'll come back to it. :)