1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

EVENT] The Plague Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Ariexe, Aug 2, 2014.

1. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

Thats not a bad thing is it? Keep in mind that a lot of people here like childrens cartoons thankyouverymuch.

2. Aradin Stanguit

Aradin Stanguit The Vigil's Jester

Keep in mind everything that's humanoid in this universe has bewbs

3. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

FTFY

4. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Three day weekend, poor man's resident evil, in space. This could very well be the plot for the next bad live action movie.

5. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

This event is like good movie with bad sequel

6. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

Everyone can get to feel like a badass by killin stuff and no one has to die. But seriously if anyone wants to chip in fodder for zed fuel
    [​IMG]

I know Ill be pitching in.

7. Ariexe

Ariexe New Member

The wolves den also has a fully working mech. took a moth and a half to repair. Anyways, the skirmish would probably be in the bunker? so have fun rolling a tank threw a narrow hallway.

8. Ariexe

Ariexe New Member

We could also use bad guys, you know, to defend the "research"

So if the mods are cool with it (this is also a question) some of us can make expendable alts to defend the facility.

9. Ariexe

Ariexe New Member

you mean every Disney movie ever?

(triple post I AM SORRY <3)

10. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

The tanks and mechs could be used to quell the inevitable hordes of baddies.

11. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

Pretty much all the patients at the bunker are insane MOD has had a teacup thrown at him and has been threatened with a spoon.

12. Gorbachev

Gorbachev New Member

I want to join the spoon-throwing party.

13. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

Oh damnit I want to participate in this. Where do I sign up?

EDIT: I might be able to participate. Depends on school stuffs.

14. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

Ariexe, please state how long the virus will afflict people OOC so they know how long they have to commit a character to this

15. Ariexe

Ariexe New Member

-update-

Phase 1 will start on either Tuesday or Monday. Subjected to change.

16. fatsquishypanda

fatsquishypanda The Brilliant Phsychopath

Note - A virus in modern day time has never actually been fully "cured" as you can not kill them, and they breed extremely fast they inject their DNA into a cell causing the cell to remake the same DNA, or "virus" over and over until it explodes or pops letting the virus out into the blood stream, and killing the cell. It repeatedly does this until the body can put up some kind of resistance too it but it is still in the body, and a virus can actually evolve very rapidly depending on how many people contract it. And further more since Starbound is based in a futuristic kind of time technically you could cure, or even kill a virus sending in nano-bots or some type of programmed entity into the blood stream to kill each individual virus, making it harder for it to reproduce, and infect cells, and if it could actually detect the virus within cells it could completely rid the body of the virus within an hour, seeing as our blood is moving at extremely high speeds sometimes faster than a car can go. AND SO ON that is technically one way to kill a virus in a sci-fi world, but seeing as multiple worlds and species of plants and such exist you could also synthesis a natural cure that could paralyses the virus and let the white blood cells naturally kill the virus or what ever, just some insight good luck.

17. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

Allow me to introduce you to smallpox, a virus that has been completely eradicated minus a few samples in labs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smallpox

While it's true that you can't necessarily completely eliminate a virus until your body develops antibodies to it, you can severely lessen the symptoms with the use of treatment and medicine, and you can vaccinate against it to prevent one from catching a strain entirely.

18. fatsquishypanda

fatsquishypanda The Brilliant Phsychopath

Actually smallpox is still active in some poorer countries around the world, but yes it has been vaccinated to the point that it is no longer a problem. But we are still talking about a virus which you clearly stated you can't eliminate a virus until the body develops antibodies, but it can not be "cured" sure you can vaccinate against it so your body can more easily get rid of it itself, or combat it easier but in the modern day they haven't been able to kill a virus, that's why I was stating since it's a sci-fi setting it could possibly be completely cured and killed.

19. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

This is how I imagine the boss fight of the event.

[​IMG]

Only longer.

20. Solour

Solour a dad

Rekt