1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

EVENT] The Plague Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Ariexe, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Ariexe

Ariexe New Member

As the original event ends. Dr. Ashfords purpose still stands. the Vrr.2 strain of the Virus!

phase 1:

As Ashford develops a cure, he will test many versions of his cure on the current infected, recording the results. Once he is happy he will administer a sector wide vaccination, and for those of you who are not familiar with I am Legend, he will vaccinate as many people as he can.

This vaccination is a false positive. it reads that the Plague_Doctors version is fought against, but it holds Ver 2 of the Virus, the more advanced version.

• Symptoms: Nausea, fever, hysteria, sweats, Itchy skin/blisters, and in some cases, swelling.
    • Transfer: The illness is being directly injected into the patients via false vaccination, it can be spread to the same species via the transfer of bodily fluids and is also airborne
    • Etc: You can die from the severity of the symptoms but ultimately it is up to the player to decide if they die or not. It is also up to the player to receive the vaccination or not, but if your character doesn't take proper care of themselves, and/or wear a face mask, they can catch the Airborne version by visiting infected planets or vessels
    those infected with the Ver1 virus are extremely resistant if not immune to the ver2 and ver 3 versions of the virus. The cure to Ver3 will be in those infected with ver 1, almost like chicken pocks

Phase 2:

After everyone has been vaccinated and Dr. Ashford is happy with the results. his secret is he actually is Minikong. HOWEVER. He will be sending the ver2 virus back to the minikong, administering it as a vaccine as well in hopes to take down the Minikong. This overall gives the background that now the galaxy can be infected and that the virus may linger and remain n the servers Lore.

Assuming everyone will want ash dead, his bunker is not just a hospital. It is equipped with minikong military grade defenses, this include orbital cannons to prevent missile attacks and a defcon system to prevent unwanted visitors. He will not have heavy ground defenses as this would be too op and making Dr. Ashford unkillable. Facility weak points will also be available, such as a power grid, and the ability to shut down the defenses.

If Dr Ashford is attacked, he will use Ver. 3 of the virus on himself, resulting a mutated apex boss fight for everyone to enjoy!

Before everyone calls me a powergamer. IT IS KILLABLE 9mm bullets and simple plasma shot he will shrug off, but over time he will be taken down from it. Attacking him with explosives WILL KILL HIM QUICK, so feel free to bring along grenades and flamethrowers! I plan for this fight to last at least 1 hour OOCly. if more people show up to kill him, I might extend this so it feels like a boss fight, and not just another assassination. The fight itself will be turn based, in order from left, to right. Dr. Ashfrod, will always go last.

Ver 3 of the virus is a mutation. Dr. Ashfords version will quickly grow the muscles and overall kill him mentally, turning anyone who is infected with it into a tank. ((imagine the tanks from Left 4 Dead))

Upon investigation, the ver3 virus in his labs will be different, slowly, it will grow the muscles, and evidently turn whoever is infected with it into a tank. Anyone who touches a Ver3 infected can be infected. So watch out!

Phase 3:

Prof oak, the famous floran researcher will take Ashfords place in the facility ((if not blown to heck)), becoming the head researcher and evidently, able to run it. The facility is a gift from me to the everyone in the server to use AFTER the event. This bunker will A: become a colony, or B: become free territory for any factions to fight over to claim. become overgrown with flora, and become a ground zero for the virus. visiting the bunker after this event can get you sick. with Ver2 and rarely with Ver3(up to the player) of the virus

In phase 3, Prof oak will make the real vaccination for ver 1 and 2 of the virus. ver 3 remains a mystery in its origins, and remain difficult to vaccinate, becoming as rare, or if not rarer than the tentical virus

Other information

you do not have to be apart of this event what so ever. if you are already infected with ver1, you may be healed as of Monday August 3rd and return to your normal rp. By no means will you ever have to consent to death or contract ver2 or ver3 of the virus. This event is for everyone and its to be as fun as possible.

Glitch and Novakid are not affected by ver1, 2 or 3 of the virus due to the fact they are not organic beings ((ones a robot and ones made of gas))

DO NOTE: be prepared to consent to death or severe injury if you attack Dr Ashford before Phase 2

Also Note: I am not a doctor! I do not fully understand some medical terms and procedures. If /any/ of this information is wrong or questionable, please mention so I can edit it acordingly

Version 1 of the virus, also known as the original ape flu variant will last up to Sunday, August 3rd. Some players have volunteered to stay and remain sick, having their case not fully recovered yet. Other characters such as Heartplucker have decided to take death from this variant of the virus and thus will die off tomorrow.
    NOTE: Armoured wolves members will be moved out of the bunker as of Sunday 12 noon.

Version 2 of the virus also known as Dr Ashfords "vaccine" will infect the player until Prof. oak has created the real cure/vaccine, Dr Ash dies, or its been 1 IRL week minimum (this means you can stay infected if you wish) The Ver 2 of the virus will /not/ make you bed ridden. this is to not destroy any current rp or resumed rp.

Version 3 of the virus also known as the Zombie variant requires consent to be infected. whomever is infected with version 3 remains infected and will turn that character into a mindless killing machine. if the infected are contained properly they have a slight chance of not dieing. No one is planned to work on this cure, and its suppose to become rare and unknown.

GETTING YOUR CHARACTER INFECTED WITH VERSION 3 MEANS YOU CONSENT TO DEATH. THUS MEANS YOU CAN CHOOSE TO BE INFECTED OR NOT

Attacking

If you want to attack the facility, (this includes kidnappings and hacking.) please pm me over starnet so I can inform you on the pro's and cons of the bunker

#1 Ariexe, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2014
  2. Ariexe

Ariexe New Member

reserved

3. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Bro, do you even know what a vaccine is.
    What you're thinking of is a cure.
    He'll test his cure on current infected, then test his vaccine on as many people as he can.

4. Ariexe

Ariexe New Member

^ I'm not a doctor. Thanks for clearing this up.

People where high strong that " a virus could not be cured" so. I refrained from using the word.

5. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Not TECHNICALLY true, but the way a virus reproduces, it becomes difficult to cure. A vaccine is like a preemptive cure, providing a body with a non-symptomatic or lightly symptomatic dose of a disease so that it can build antibodies to that strain, allowing it to fight it off with far greater ease should an individual be exposed to the healthy virus.

6. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

It is for this reason I believe that those infected with the primary illness be extremely resistant if not immune to the new illness.

7. Ariexe

Ariexe New Member

^^ I agree, those who where infected with ver 1 be immune to ver 2 and ver 3

8. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

You will not believe the I-told-you-sos that Jameson will be handing out at the end of this event.

9. Spinach Pirate

Spinach Pirate The Adorable Spinach

that is certainly not how viruses work, you would need 5 different viruses (maybe only 4 cause human-apex transmission) , all having the same symptoms, it would take so much time and research to make them, even if you mutated the current ones.
    i also dont think thats how viruses work, if its a mutated version of the old one, it would require new antibodies. Just look at the flu, there are so many versions people can get it multiple times

#9 Spinach Pirate, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2014
  10. John_McFakename

John_McFakename New Member

Even Glitch? As much as we can pretend that Glitch are mimicing biological beings, they most likely don't have cells for the virus to infect and produce more copies of itself...

11. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Even Novakid?

12. Ariexe

Ariexe New Member

alright alright, obviously i'm not a doctor XD Ill edit them accordingly

This was Heartpluckers idea. Beside the fact that a virus may not do this, I say we keep it so those who where infected with ver 1 dont have to do it all over again, and might hold the secret to the actual cure

13. Spinach Pirate

Spinach Pirate The Adorable Spinach

i personally would like to get sick again, if the disease gets cured soon, so it actually is a big deal, and its not over with in a few days

14. Xaron

Xaron Who is this guy?

It would make sense, to me, that some could get sick while others do not. The symptoms would not be as harsh for phase 2 of those who had the original disease, but they could still get sick if the player wishes it so.
    After all, vaccines IRL can still make people sick after getting them if their immune system is weakened. Why wouldn't it happen in-game, too?

15. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

So ver. 3 turns apexs into king kongs.

16. Aradin Stanguit

Aradin Stanguit The Vigil's Jester

Already made that joke.

17. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

Alright Im just going to point out that if USCM wanted to get involved with the killing of this guy, we have tanks. And we ( I ) have been aching to use them. If you can find some way to legitly survive multiple tank rounds, well then good for you.

18. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

Cab the base also be stuffed with mutated/experimented on soilders and creatures to make it more of a large skirmish?

19. Sen

Sen Guest

Sounds like a plot straight out of a children's cartoon.

20. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

Plot twist: All of this is actually just a children's cartoon that Sen is watching.