1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Mercenaries

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Akitor12, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Akitor12

Akitor12 New Member

I need about 5-7 people that are willing to do a job for me, but, you may want to apply, because this job may or may not be to your liking. I will give no information on the actual job. Yet. The payment is 5,000 pixels per hour. To apply, you must have some skill with a gun and melee weapons, actually have a gun and armor, and some incendiary devices ((and no soul:))).

#1 Akitor12, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
  2. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

Blunt: No one's going to accept a job this sketchy and with such low pay if you do not tell them what they're going to be doing.

Suggestion: Try again next time.

-Margrave Raoul B217

3. Akitor12

Akitor12 New Member

My apologies, Glitch scum. For your sake, how about 200,000 for the whole job?

4. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

Yeah... I think the Glitch was actually trying to help because, really, as a former mercenary I can tell you that unless you give an accurate description of the job, and considerable pay (excluding your silly 200.000 offer. Because unless you're the son of a conglomerate or a VERY rich noble family I doubt you have that much in cash. Let alone 5-7x that amount.), no one will accept it. For all we know it might be a suicide mission.
    People don't want to sign up for a suicide mission! (Unless they're out of their mind and want to die or they think they're badass enough. Which they're obviously not, because the only way you survive in this trade is by being SMART about picking your jobs.). Especially when the pay's only 5000 pixels!

Up the pay to 70.000-40.000 pixels for the whole job depending on how dangerous it is, and don't make it hourly. Hourly for mercs is never good.
    And also if you don't wanna make it public what you want to kill or protect, just tell them to contact you to learn full details. Because that 'Yet' makes it sound you won't say anything until everything's gone to shit.
    Simple as that.

A former mercenary,
    - Shadowstep

5. Fiery Wither Rose

Fiery Wither Rose TheOneMute

"In all honesty, a lot of individuals are interested. At the same time, the ambiguity of it bars people who are...less than suicidal. Perhaps a bit of details would make more people interested. That and a higher payroll. Nothing personal, but as of right now, the paycheck leaves people unable to pay bills. Perhaps a more...generous payroll would help to peak the interest of people?"

Viracross, Consigliere of the Clear Skies

6. Akitor12

Akitor12 New Member

Fine. All I'm going to say is that we are attacking a large colony with no current defenses. And as for my "silly" price, all I will say is that 200,000 pixels is barely anything to me.
    ((BTW, thank you both for the advice.))

7. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

Amusement: I somehow doubt you have this kind of money. Observation: If you do, then this narrows down who big bucks over here is making the job.

Informative: Watch what you say. It will be used against you and it will result in your death. Nonchalant: I could careless about you personally, and as far as a job like this goes it's usually not worth the risk, especially when you will be posting your name publicly that you're interested.

(( Also OP, you need to put at the bottom of your post the starnet username of the character posting it ))

-Margrave Raoul B217

8. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE Notorious B.A.D.

And people actually ask me why I quit mercenary work. It's stuff like this.
    "oh yeah here's jus 500 pixels pls go blow up liberty mills plz"
    For Creator's sake, you can't even be shady scumbags right.

-B4D223

9. WrongEndoftheRainbow

WrongEndoftheRainbow Leprechaun Not Found

I'm glad I got out of mercenary work. Nothing like jobs that give little information, offering obscene amounts of money with no reliable way to assure the people hiring actually have that money. Especially with the whole 'attack a large colony' thing. Yeah, attack a colony with only a few mercenaries in a sector where everyone and their mother has a gun and/or rocket launcher. Great plan there. Only further made better by the fact you can't even bother to hire mercenaries in person.

-Anastazy-

10. Destroyer713

Destroyer713 New Member

Damn. I mean, that's a hell of a lot of money, but seriously man, that almost seems too good to be true.

I mean, 200k? That's some seriously legit money there. How the hell am I supposed to know you're not just making s*** up so I can go run into some f***ing suicide mission?

Seriously dude, give some f***ing details, explain where you got such a large amount of money, and maybe I'll be interested...

- Lance

11. Fiery Wither Rose

Fiery Wither Rose TheOneMute

Attached Files:

#11 Fiery Wither Rose, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2014
  12. n7hydra

n7hydra New Member

I can't even understand your logic here.
    First you put up a job with a shitty price and zero information, then when random people on the Starnet whine about it, you spill your beans and give up your information on the job... On a public forum.

You probably just got flagged by half a dozen organizations. Any prospective guns out there looking this over, get the hell out. This guy'll sink you.