1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

[EVENT] The Plague

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by invictus69, Jul 31, 2014.

1. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

Although I may need to talk to him/her OOC wise IG or via PMs, due to ATM all Felith can do is tech stuff, like tracking mystery signals, or anything else available to him, if/when he gets out of the hospital.

2. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Whoever is running this needs to give far more information. I have serious issue with the hijacking of an uncured "disease" talked about in lore, even if it is a "modified" version of it. Either it is a variant of ape flu, and it remains uncured, or it is falsely assumed/labeled disease, which is player made/curable.

3. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

A lot of issues with this, actually. It would likely require a MINIKNOG doctor to recognize Ape Flu, never-mind a modified strand. Then there's the fact that if it IS Ape Flu, a scientific juggernaut has not been able to crack it. Beyond that, Ape Flu is such a vague entity. Is it real or propaganda? Is it a controlled weapon used by the Minknog to pacify dissent? Is it an actual disease the Miniknog are trying feverishly to cure? What are the symptoms? How does it spread? And on and on and on.

4. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

It would have to be the later considering multiple characters have already been infected with the disease, and I assume at some point some of them would like to be cured. The perpetrator could be calling it "Ape Flu" to increase panic, though, which would make all things considered.

5. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

Any more issues? Its this.

6. GuardianPotato

Either way. I need OOC contact with the person to work out stuff D: Its proving to be hard to get that.

7. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

I would just like to thank Pandora. Flora, Sharptooth and Storm for playing their parts in good faith that their characters wouldn't be killed off unfairly and for allowing this to grow so big, you guys really bit the bullet on this one.

8. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Ape Flu or no, there are a few questions that need answered.

• Established symptoms?
    • Transition methods?
    • Incubation time (obviously rather short)?
    • Etc. Etc.

9. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

I was told there wouldn't be any death...

10. GuardianPotato

I think by "Bit the bullet" he means "Dodged death fairly" or something.

11. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

All being established IN GAME. You know, like if the virus was being, I dunno... studied or something?!

12. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Huh. Right. Wouldn't want someone to know what they're signing on for as they choose to be an infected. Or how quickly they should escalate their illness. Or in what way. Such information could NEVER come in handy. Forgive me.

13. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Invictus, try not being so passive aggressive when people, myself included, have reasonable concerns. "Events" like this can only work if people are on the same page.

14. GuardianPotato

Yap. Or we have direct contact with the person actually hosting/controlling it.

15. Switchback

oh awesome :D

16. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

This sounds pretty cool I may have one of my characters become a military muggufin,

17. GuardianPotato

Pretty sure Felith would be classified as a "Hunter" at this point.

18. Spinach Pirate

Spinach Pirate The Adorable Spinach

the reason i consented is because he asked if he could hurt me, and i would never even THINK of not consenting to harm

19. Switchback

show us son the doll where he hurt you flora

20. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

Look I know its your job to be on top of things but everyone involved has thus far been rolling with it, sure its a little bit unclear but understand that I had to cook this up on the fly because the OP wants to remain a secret to avoid metagaming. Everyone is enjoying themselves and something is actually going on in the galaxy now, and no one is complaining. Excuse me for taking your comments a little personally when I've been trying to make this work out in a way where everyone can get involved, the last thing I need is to get ooc heckling by two people who don't seem to even want to be invested in this instance in the first place.

Trust that I know what im doing and get at me once someone complains, then ill understand where you're coming from.