1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

[EVENT] The Plague

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by invictus69, Jul 31, 2014.

1. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

GG, Events over, see below for more information.
    Before you continue reading I'd like to briefly apologize to the two users who I snapped at earlier, I was a little overwhelmed with having to properly set this whole thing up on the fly while maintaining a semi-crucial role in all of it and I kind of broke a tad when they voiced their totally valid concerns. Pls forgive me, I luv u.
    ----------------------

For those seeking to be involved, please see the available positions below.
    -----------------------

Currently involved:

Plague_Doctor: The mysterious force running around manually infecting people with whatever the hell this thing is. IN CUSTODY, GG.
    Pandora: Patient zero. She was the first known infected, found by mars. Currently trying to cure the illness herself.
    Flora ryougen: Second infected, found by Vivian, similar if not identical wounds to pandora found on her person.
    Storm: Third infected, same to above two.
    Sharptooth: 4 infected, became infected while sharing a healing sap thingie with Storm (lewd) While having open wounds.
    Jeeb: 5th infected, hylotl.
    Asa: 6th infected, hylotl, has crucial information in her mechanic eye about the incident.
    Heartplucker: Infected, key in finding the PD.

Mars Ryougen: First doctor/scientist to come into contact with infected, researching virus. Father of flora.
    Heartplucker: Second doctor, gathering and treating infected.
    Dr.Ashford: Building a Facility to properly house the four and more infected for study. Some other faction is involved with the militant aspects.
    Felith : Friend of one of the infected, currently has one of the plague doctors satellites and is hacking through it.
    Oak : Scientist researching the illness.

AND EVERYONE ELSE DOIN STUFF TOO.

ROLLS THAT CAN BE FILLED.

Infected: If you wanna get sick or even kill off a charcter, this is your chance.
    Scientist/doctor: Get some hands on (giggity) work done in the soon to be built facility! This has been covered, Dr.Ashford will no longer be accepting scientists.
    Military maguffin: The base is gunna need some guns around in case shit goes strait up zombie.
    Hunters: Someones gotta find the Crazed madman responsible for this, it could be you!

As for what the illness actually is. Its a biological weapon experiment made to mock the symptoms of Ape Flu, as for how lethal it is its up to you and your character. The OP of the rp says that its not permanent, and that with proper treatment it is survivable.

• Symptoms: Nausea, fever, hysteria, sweats, muscle spasms. All symptoms grow worse with time.
    • Transfer: The illness is being directly injected into the patients, it can be spread to same species via the transfer of bodily fluids.
    • Incubation: Almost immediate since the threshold is injected into the patient.
    • Etc: You can die from the severity of the symptoms but ultimately it is up to the player to decide if they die or not.
    All this would have been told to you, naturally, before you agree to consent to being injected with the illness but now you can read about it here.

The Virus is not terminal but the symptoms can kill you, so don't be afraid to get infected if you fear for your chars life. Its not an insta-die thing.

You do not need to consent in getting the flu, you can rp your way around it but I implore faction heads to treat this as if it were a serious thing and run their colony by some anti-spread plan, scans of personal and visiting members, quarantine of infected found, etc.

FINDING THE BBEG.

We have come to an agreement that one way to find the BBEG, if you can figure it out IC, is to track down five separate satellites that send prerecorded messages to random people, this is how he lures them, and use the data in each one to triangulate his position.

Felith has already located one, what he does with this info IC is up to him. If anyone can think of another way to nab the BBEG please let me or the OP know.

The plague doctor has been contained, stay tune for part 2, see below.

CONTINUATION!?
    The Plague doctor will not be the ONLY BBEG of this event. There will be another instance immediately after this one that should be resolved far quicker, and as the first one, you are -not- required to participate in it if you choose not to. More details will be shared when the time comes.

FYI: Dr. Ashford isn't a good guy. he's gaining everyones trust so when the problem is "resolved" he can create a vaccine for everyone, infecting them with his new, and improved Ver. 2 Ape flu!

If you have a character or know of one conducting a "cure" Please contact me so this massive planned plot isnt ruined. As for the rest of the information regarding this ver2, I will announce it when the original injector has died, vanished, or its gone on for way too long. this is to prevent meta gaming. ~~~ Ariexe

T
    his will be an entirely different event to be made sometime in the future.

What does that mean? GG, events over, the illness will be fought off by the patients themselves and everything will return to normal, as for what Ariexe decides to do in the future is his deal, but for now its all more or less wrapped up.

FOR ANYONE INFECTED, YOUR SYMPTOMS WILL WORSEN ON SATURDAY, AND IMPROVE/HEAL ON SUNDAY. You may go get treatment at your own colonies now.

#1 invictus69, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
  2. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

clearly another example of why glitch = best race

3. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

Here hold this EMP bomb for me real quick...

4. Ariexe

Ariexe New Member

I've had an alt for some time that ive been meaning to bring in. As a doctor, this is the perfect opportunity for him. As a little heads up. I am looking for other doctors/mercs to assist in Dr Ashfords operations

5. Shellton

Shellton New Member

Hylotl master-ish race

6. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

I've got an Apex doctor that I used to use on another server that I'd be happy to bring in for assistance, if you're interested.

7. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

Is it still possible to join this event ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ?

8. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

As of right now we have 4 confirmed infected being quarantined in the den, but we're at capacity IG. Currently Heartplucker, Mars, Some apex whos name I forgot, and possibly whatshishazmat face are directly at work in dealing with it.

9. Gorbachev

Gorbachev New Member

I want to join. I have an Apex Chemical Engineer who would be perfect for this job.

10. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

As far as I know the guy responsible is still running around needling and torturing people.

11. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

Rolls being played as of right now.

????? : The mysterious force running around manually infecting people with whatever the hell this thing is.
    Pandora: Patient zero. She was the first known infected, found by mars.
    Flora: Second infected, found by vivian, similar if not identical wounds to pandora found on her person.
    Storm: Third infected, same to above two.
    Sharptooth: 4 infected, became infected while sharing a healing sap thingie with Storm (lewd) While having open wounds.

Mars Ryougen: First doctor/scientist to come into contact with infected, researching virus. Father of flora.
    Heartplucker: Second doctor, gathering and treating infected.
    Dr.some monky: Building a Facility to properly house the four and more infected for study. Some other faction is involved with the militant aspects.

12. Gorbachev

Gorbachev New Member

So can my Apex join as the fourth doctor?

13. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

Yeah I would ask about it too, I never like jumping into action without telling anyone ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

14. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

Can I shoot ???? :D?

15. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

-new post-

16. GuardianPotato

Also, do we need to ask the Person(s) listed above, and just get permission from one of them, or do we need to get permission from ???? as well?

17. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

As it stands right now there are four positions I see that can be easily filled, find a way to get into one ic that makes sense, permissions not needed unless your way of getting in involves another chracter

18. GuardianPotato

K. Time for Felith to start hunting down dis bish. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU IN-DIRECTLY INFECT ONE OF HIS FRIENDS BISH.

K I'm don yelling at no-one for now.

19. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

I have found out who the ???????? but for the sake of metagaming Im keeping his/her name a secret, this is all approved by them.

20. GuardianPotato

K.