1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Shadowgate

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Terallis, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

So, who here ever played a little game called "Shadowgate" for the NES? For me, this game was a huge part of my childhood. Probably one of the biggest games that got me so into RPGs (especially D&D).

Well, if you've heard of it, you may or may not already know of the PC remake coming out on August 21.

http://www.zojoi.com/shadowgate/

In the next week, I'm gonna definitely be pre-ordering the Hero option as I am a huge fan of Shadowgate as a whole. Plus, the artwork and music are phenomenal from what I've seen and heard so far.

For those who aren't aware what Shadowgate is, lemme give a brief explanation:

It's one of the earliest first-person point-and-click RPGs. Most known for it's original NES release, the game relies on all sorts of puzzle solving while also trying to remain alive. Could fall down a whole and break both legs, or even simply have your torch go out. Death is a pretty big part of the game, really. In fact, I've seen the video below so many times that I can hum the entire tune that it plays.

Overall, I strongly recommend this if you were a fan of the original. I've only seen positive reviews from the beta testers, and the trailers make it look like it's going to be an amazing game. Of course, I'll be sure to state my own review once I get it. If you guys want more information, though, there actually is a description on the page I gave. It's a definite must for all fans of fantasy RPGs.

2. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

So now that I own this, I can say for certain that it is absolutely amazing. Puzzles differ based on the difficulty and the game is an entirely fresh experience from the original. I had almost completely memorized all of the original puzzles, but, while there are countless familiar areas, the puzzles are very different and amazing.