1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Fates.

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by invictus69, Jul 29, 2014.

1. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

Lets be realistic here, sometimes we get boring days. Days where nothing happens, people go through the motions, no characters get developed, its an ugly sight. No one wants to sit around and do nothing right?

"But planning a rp is too much woooooork" Says someone LAZY.
    "It takes tooooo looooong" Says someone IMPATIENT.

Don't worry your impatient lazy little faces about it! I have thought of a new idea to remedy this situation. I propose a self employed community based job called 'Fates'

What is a Fate?
    A Fate is someone who answers the call for quick and easy dives into rp, people who will be called upon to create throwaway characters whos sole purpose is to start and drive a small rp forward, or can be used to push large rp's where they need to be.

Essentially the 'Fate' drops in and forces things to happen.
    You need a character wounded? Call a fate to drop an instance on you.
    You need to feel cool and badass? Call a fate to send you someone to beat on.

Its simplified here of course, some instances may take quite a while to be completed depending on the complexity of the instance but one of the good foreseeable things about it is the lack of commitment non-fate players need to put into it. Once an instance happens anyone can try to join in on it if they choose to, and anyone can back out because unless you ask that the instance be aimed directly at your character (like say you ask to be the target of a hit) the fate player shouldn't have reason to engage you directly, especially with multiple players dealing with him/her.

What do you think?

2. Narfball

Narfball narfball

so

throwaway characters.
    those already exist but i like the idea :^)

3. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

Not only that but if we can get a small group of committed fates, they can all jump in on a requested instance to make it even bigger. What is planned to be a one man attack on the den becomes a small siege. This also adds depth as well, if city-like factions get hit with muggings or shootings one could say "Boy 'insert city here' has gotten really violent lately, crime has gone up, we need to step up our military"

4. Narfball

Narfball narfball

ah, right 'en.

dedicated throwaway character players

still sounds fun

5. Animator

Animator New Member

I'm down to participate in this kind of stuff, since it's similar to some of the things I've done in other roleplay communities. As long as none of us have to share a single eyeball, count me in.