1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Question regarding Mods

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Osbourne, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Osbourne

Osbourne New Member

So, I'm sure we all remember the modding incident, but I'm just here to ask a question regarding mods and the server.

If a player has a mod installed, Say XS Coproration Mechs, but does not equip the tech or use it on the hotbar, would it still cause issues with the server?

2. Sen

Sen Guest

In theory no, but in practice most people accidentally forget to remove all traces of the modded stuff in their inventory / on their ship / accidentally click a modded tech / etc, which causes problems and shows up on the logs.

It's a lot easier and safer just to remove the mod.

3. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

Actually, even just the presence of the mod being active is picked up by the logs and can cause errors. So yeah. It's best to stick entirely to the allowed mods and nothing more.

4. fatsquishypanda

fatsquishypanda The Brilliant Phsychopath

Wait...is there even an official thread from Kaz, or someone that states what mods we can use or something? I'm also lost on this.