1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Any inspirations?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Diddums, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Diddums

Diddums That Loveable Lad

Just wondering if any of you lot have characters that were inspired by a certain someone or something. For example, was it inspired off someone, or someone's actions? Maybe an event? Or another character on the forum?

I used to think Macca was fairly original but I'm starting to see some similarities creep up with this old vid I watched around 6 years ago.

Don't get me wrong, he's not /that/ chavvy, but I can see some inspiration in there.

So yeah, anyone else?

P.S

You're welcome for the brilliant British comedy.

2. skipi

skipi New Member

heh thats funny i chuckled

3. Spinach Pirate

Spinach Pirate The Adorable Spinach

my inspiration for flora was the fact that this server likes plant boobs,her personality was inspired by my own , if i was a retarded plantgirl

4. Diddums

Diddums That Loveable Lad

I...

I don't like plant boobs.

5. Spinach Pirate

Spinach Pirate The Adorable Spinach

yeah, me neither

6. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

All of my characters are based off of my own original ideas, basically, playing the game and when people ask questions like "Where were you born?" "How old are ya?" "What were you before (job currently have)?" "What's your job?" and other questions like that, I just make it up on the spot. After enough characters, I start making connections and canon stuff. For the Kara's, hail from "The Black Sea" and all have relations to eachother through that area, as they make up half of the population of the fishing towns up there. Now, for the Jarius's it's completely different. Galen's from France and Tonn is from Wisconsin. How they're connected, I have yet to find out myself! That's due to not much RP happening on Galen and Tonn's silent-ness.

Anyway, yeah, I like plant boobs too.
    ( Except when they're the size of fucking basket-balls. )

7. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

Gamma's inspiration is a direct continuation of my previous characters, Alpha and Beta. I've had Starbound since it was released on early access way back when and my first character was a Glitch, who I named M-Bot 3000, which was originally (and still is I guess) a joke name. When the first character wipe happened, Alpha died. The next guy, also a Glitch, I named M-Bot 3000b - Beta. Beta was lost due to file corruption, and it was a terrible terrible feeling because I had gotten almost everything in a purely vanilla fashion. No mods or any of that, and this was before the era of cheat mods and custom starcheat weaponry. His most valuable possession was a donated rainbow cape.

Beta's death threw me off Starbound for a while. When I came back, I made M-Bot 3000c - Gamma! When I joined the server, I looked back on Alpha and Beta's stories and took what actually happened during their adventures, spiced it up, and put it in Gamma's backstory. Alpha's deletion became his death. Beta's file corruption became him going insane. Over time I added on and came up with more details, ultimately culminating in what it is today: a story of three Glitch brothers, all intertwined, spanning roughly fifty IC years in length.

And that's where the deep thought ends. >_>

Crosswell was made because I wanted a badass human and because I didn't want to roleplay a single character (even though I seriously love Gamma and who he is with all my heart) all the time.

Ristrik was originally made for the simple reason of wanting a Floran character. He was ultimately scrapped because I deemed him too snowflake-y. I'm in the process of revamping his character.

Blood of the Sands was made for the Desert Floran tribe, and because I thought there simply weren't enough feral Florans. RIP buddy, you went out like a boss. :(

ICARUS was made because AI characters are cool.

Shrike was made because I wanted a bird.

Samantha was made because I wanted a human that wasn't Marcus motherfucking Crosswell and because I didn't have a female character yet.

8. Animator

Animator New Member

Vector's inspiration is essentially this, expanded with his own personality, morals, etc. First character I ever made in Starbound. Rocco (a character I really need to be more), is inspired by this song which is mostly the set standard for the majority of his aesthetic in terms of what he likes.

9. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

My inspiration for Aedan was a combination of other characters I've played in the past. However, this one drew heavily from Mordin Solus (Mass Effect Trilogy), The Doctor (Doctor Who), and Krieger (Archer). Generally a relatively good-hearted mad scientist who is heavily focused on technology. Always constructing new inventions that, at least half the time, tend to cause unforseen consequences... like a singularity generator causing his ship to implode to to an instability, or an experimental anti-matter gun self destructing in a blast large enough to take out a small city after just trying to be fired.