1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

POSSIBLE 8TH RACE WHA?!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dark Lord Stan, Jul 16, 2014.

?

So what do you think it will be?

1. The Bunny Race you see on Avian Statues?

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  2. A variation of a modded race?

12 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. Some lore-related exiled, banished, or "dead" race?

22 vote(s)
    33.8%
  4. Other?

11 vote(s)
    16.9%
  5. Am I crazy?

14 vote(s)
    21.5%
  1. ...

2. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

;D

3. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Wow those old races are terrible. Glad they got dropped. Except for the bottom right one. The game kind of needs a truly alien race, rather than just races based of robots, real life animals and plants

4. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

Dunno what to think about that lizard-like race that has been teased on those screenshots. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Novakids are gonna be difficult enough to suddenly incorporate into the setting. Adding on top of that a random lizard race that has zero lore of any kind? Hrm...

5. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

OR MAYBE It's gonna be Avali race.
    Like really, I bet they will be too lazy to make completly new race with everything.

6. Terallis

It does look a lot like them, true. However, again, aside from the simple information made up by the mods creators, there isn't any official lore. But I suppose we'll need to wait and see.

7. Aiktor

Aiktor New Member

8. skipi

skipi New Member

No, shut up. It's the perfect lore. I fully endorse it.

9. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Probably not. The Avali would be even harder to do than a new race because of their body shape. It would require far more spriting. Easier to make a new race based on the same format than put all the work in respriting all the items to fit a new body style. (It's likely why Avians, Florans and Hylotl have boobs to begin with.)

10. Aiktor

Aiktor New Member

If they make the Avali race, they'll most likely keep the head but bring the body shape to the standard shape the 7 other races use. Or maybe that the head we see is actually the head of a race that disappeared long ago, and that it won't be playable.

11. Solour

Solour a dad

You disappoint me

12. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

thats not what you said last night~

13. Vera

Vera New Member

My best guess would be the Avali... but it doesnt match any of the other races. It doesn't look anything like a human, or like that. For all we know it may be a race that uses biomechanical parts that stick out of their head, but it could be the avali, only because the mod actually has it's own spot on the wiki, if I am correct.

14. Terallis

Nay. It doesn't have a spot on the official wiki. It has it's own wiki, but that has nothing to do with the official Starbound wiki.

15. Xaron

Xaron Who is this guy?

Fairly certain this is false, and can confirm that the "8th head" there is an Avali (Or rather looks like them)
    But that this image is probably doctored/someone modded the texture themselves to add it. And since the devs themselves have said "We won't add the Avali due to nonhumanoid shape" (Need to find the citation again) and that Ryu has no intention of losing creative rights to the Avali...
    yeah it's probabyl fake and there won't be an 8th playable race kthxbai

16. Terallis

Well, whether they add the Avali or not, it does appear that there may very well be an eighth race being added with that blank spot. However, the blank spot could be there to represent the Ancients that once lived in the galaxy. The gateway is meant to be ancient, itself. So it may very well be that they, in fact, have no intention of adding in an eighth race OR it could be a placeholder for something further down the line. Maybe even a later update with the game's full release. (Because, while the upcoming update is going to be MASSIVE, it still isn't the final release.)

17. Grifter

Grifter New Member

its the sarnak from eq2

18. Atom

Atom New Member

Next playable race is Dreadwings.

19. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Based on the assets from Upbeat Giraffe, the eighth race will indeed be the Penguins. Don't take my word for it, but that's what I'm betting on.

20. Atom

Atom New Member

Its easy to switch out one of the races for the penguin skin. I saw a player walking around the Outpost earlier as a Dreadwing. I'm not sure if we need permission to do it or whatever. I don't mind, as long as they RP as a tiny weak penguin.