1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Fullmetal Alchemist Anyone? c:

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mystyice, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Mystyice

Mystyice New Member

IZ MUCH AWESOME
    I spent the last week going on a rampant marathon of both seasons of FMA, and I've just LOVED it

Basically it's about

-Takes a deep breath-

A guy named Edward (lel) and his brother Alphonse in a world where there's alchemy and their mom dies but then they're like IUDSGRHJ and then try to resurrect her but it ends up failing because reasons so Al loses his body and Ed loses his leg but then Edward binds Al's soul to a suit of armor which costs him his arm so then Ed gets a robot arm and leg and then they go on a magical journey to find the philosopher's stone to get their body back but then stuff happens and then they have to-

-Dies-

2. Diddums

Diddums That Loveable Lad

Are you talking about Brotherhood?

Aparrently FMA:B was much better than the original. I really enjoyed it.

3. Mystyice

Mystyice New Member

I'm talking about both, but I agree that Brotherhood is waaaay better!

4. Spinach Pirate

Spinach Pirate The Adorable Spinach

lol i just finished fullmetal alchemist.

so far it seems like brotherhood is not very different from the other one, is there a difference in the story? or does it just go through it differently?

5. Mystyice

Mystyice New Member

SUDDENLY APPEARING AWESOME OUTRO

6. Spinach Pirate

Spinach Pirate The Adorable Spinach

so cute it makes you almost forget about all the feels

7. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

That's because brotherhood actually follows the intended story. The FMA anime was goin too speedy for the manga, so they just sorta went "fuck it we'll make it up"

Brotherhood 5ever

8. DaraC

DaraC New Member

FMA was created in the middle of the manga so when it caught up inevitably (Since it takes a month or two to finish each volume of the manga) they took their own take on the story and changed it while FMA:B was created afterwards and followed the intended story with a much better tone and way of telling.
    The only issue is that FMA:B takes off a little of the attachments the viewer has with some of the characters so going from FMA to FMA:B is recommended to receive the full effect. The good thing is, it doesn't just repeat the exact same things between the two in the same way so the transition is pretty fine.

9. Liraxus

Liraxus New Member

Oh, hey, I watched this when I was younger.

It was fun, anyone else remember playing this little game?

[​IMG]