1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Opening: "Nimbus" Agraran Research Facility

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Toadkid1234, Jul 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

The Agraran race is a peculiar and mysterious race. Little is known about them, and they are generally regarded as dangerous because of their spores. For some reason, no great research has been done regarding these creatures, unless you count the morally maligned experiments the Miniknog underwent. Thus, with the discovery of an abnormally large Agraran pod on one of the moons in Stark's lunar orbit, the HKC in partnership with Stark and The Order has established a research laboratory there for restricted public use.

[​IMG]

The HKC and Order have taken great strides to ensure the safety of the lab. HKC security forces occupy the lab in case of internal threats. An advanced Order Cruiser is in orbit to provide protection from outside threats. Therefore, it is not recommended that anyone attempt to infiltrate the lab. Access is generally restricted to those of scientific experience in biology and chemistry.

The facility intends to find out more about the Agraran race through detailed analysis of the center Agraran pod and any contributions made by outside benefactors. If you believe yourself to be eligible to gain access or have something worth contributing, notify me via PM. There is much to be learned about these beings and their biology, and you could be on the frontier of Agraran research.

-Ray Beluga, Fleet Admiral of HKC and Head of HKCSD

(Basically its kinda obvious where it is, same coords and planetary orbit as stark, but ICly you have to gain access and stuff first. Lots of things are planned for this RPwise. ))

2. Sen

Sen Guest

(( Calmguard ))
    Agaran spores are transmitted through air, their gas capable of eating through starship-grade armor. Your open air containment is laughable if the planet is uninhabited, criminal if it is.

3. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

When ya all get turned inta' spore simians, er whatever, can ah at leas' tear that place up fer its scrap? Gotta have somin' worth sellin' on a reused parts market. Act'ly? Nevermin'. I don' wanna be a Spore Simian mahself.

Dereliction_of_Duty

4. Corvus

Corvus New Member

Put a dome on that shit.
    -Corvus

5. skipi

skipi New Member

playing with these monsters is an apocalypse waiting to happen
    burn it all down
    -rusty_wire

6. Narfball

Narfball narfball

Good idea, bad execution.

-R.D​

7. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

I assure you, various dissenters, we have taken precautions against the scenarios you have proposed. Our engineers are not fools. The facility is equipped with a high intensity gamma radiation field projected by a ring of emitters. Released spores would disintegrate upon release. Additionally the cruiser is capable of neutralizing any other threats or applying radiation should he aforementioned emitters malfunction Those of you with minimal technical knowledge should not criticize that which you do not know.

8. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Woooah there fish-frog! Ain' no one criticizin' yer weird fishy brain. Ah'm sure this'll en' well fer everyone. Ain' ever been a high-tech, high-security research project EVER gone wrong. I'm sure ya got all yer exits covered an' all your scientists black-listed 'les they try to tell your secrets. I'll jus' go get my tin-foil hat an' pray ya don' all get turned into Spore Simians.

Dereliction_of_Duty

9. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

Mr. Beluga, you should have mentioned said security measures along the image of your laboratory. As additional advice, when you own something dangerous giving out the layout out to the public is usually a bad idea, along with it's defenses. From a tactical point of view, it's a carefree approach, considering what are you manipulating.

-Memory

10. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

If you are not interested in aiding in the research performed in the lab, kindly refrain from commentary or criticism.

11. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Puts the Coo in Cool

You know, this "HKC" is sounding more like the Apex every day. - Skarti

12. Keycross

I still do not understand you posture. In one side, you provide pretty much it's location, and it's layout, but on the other, it's access it's restricted, mostly for other scientists you give access to, probably.

I'm just trying to understand your logics.

-Memory

13. Sen

Sen Guest

(( Calmguard ))
    A laboratory dedicated to the study of one of the galaxy's most virile biological weapons is of great alarm in itself. When it is held by a fascist who wishes to destroy and reshape the Hylotl people into an image of his choosing, it becomes actionable.

14. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

It would be foolish for one to attempt to infiltrate the facility or thwart its operations because of the formidable defenses and the presence of the laboratory in Order territory. An incursion there would both provoke the HKC and Order, and be perilous to any insurgent force. We want the scientists and engineers of the sector to feel invited to the facility, and thus provided ample data on its operation and maintenance.

Now, if those of the public would cease calling names and making erroneous assumptions on this thread, it would be appreciated.

15. Keycross

Formidable defenses? Mr. Beluga, stating the laboratory current defenses just lets anyone know what to expect and easily outnumber them. I suggest you ask the Order for reinforcements immediately, and don't spread any more information. And you can be sure should anyone attack, the last thing they will do is letting you know who they are, or work for.

Another piece of advice, since it's obvious you aren't the military, or tactical type. Next time, let someone with knowledge in security and/or defense fields handle these publications.

You don't realize how many lifes are at stake in these matters, and how dangerous is speaking before thinking, Mr. Beluga.

-Memory

16. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Ain' no one callin' any names, Fish-Frog. Already pickin' out the probl'ms with this project. Power outage? Spores spread. Nat to even MENTION the sheer lack o' access to the pod in itself. Ya beamin' gamma rads into it'll probably deal some good hurt an' mess up whatever it is yer doin'. Yer rail line ain' got no customs area. Generally, facilities jus' not quite... up to snuff, ya know? Mah advice? Nuke it from orbit, get it done right.

17. Narfball

Narfball narfball

..I'm just gonna ask right now, who would even want to fund this? Like, after looking at some of the things posted.. Why would someone fund this, and what good reason is there to research something so.. volatile, I guess would be the proper word? There's so many things you could have chosen to research, and you choose to research a savage race of mushrooms? Come on, dude. Do something better with your time and money that you've gotten from somewhere, obviously. (And I seriously hope it's not out-of-pocket.) But if you have fun watching savage mushroom people, you should research flo-- wait, I'm pretty sure there's already books somewhere. Just look at fungi and floran biology, might get you somewhere without putting someone's life in danger. Like, Christ. Is Common Sense a superpower now?

-R.D​

18. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

I don't see why you're all making such a fuss a out this. Or are so hateful. If they want to research Agarans? Let them. It shouldn't matter to you.

19. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

I believe their complaints stem from a perceived lack of competence in controlling and isolating a known and deadly biological agent, not the research itself.

-Gamma

20. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Eh, researching dangerous things can also be highly useful for defending against the use of it by dangerous people

Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.