1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Crewmen Wanted

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Diehardpatriot, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Diehardpatriot

Diehardpatriot New Member

Broke? Crazy? Generally-Rejected-By-Society-In-A-Rude-Fashion?

We got you covered.
    I'm currently looking for willing crewmen to help with the growth and development of a small solar system, here's some info if you're still reading.

Our Goal:
    To develop a colony separate from any major political entities. Where people respect (or tolerate...), one another in a growing community. It doesn't matter who you are, or how crazy or poor you might be, we'll try and make you feel welcome.

Requirements:
    The only requirement is the willingness to work in a group, not murder everything in sight, and remain dedicated to your fellow crewmen even when things aren't going so great.

What's in it for you:
    You get food, a home, and a refuge from ALL political entities. You get fulfilling work, and the chance to help people in similarly terrible situations as your own.

What we don't want:
    We'd prefer to steer clear of the particularly well equipped, the reason being they can't empathize with us, and could compromise the synergy that is trying to be created here. Though exceptions can be made.

Reply here, or PM the poster of this thread on StarNet for further information.

COLONY PROGRESS TO COMPLETION: 39%

((Eight))

#1 Diehardpatriot, Jun 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2014
  2. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Tetanus 2.0

Will not work.
    Some group or other will raid the place, either in the name of their god, or for money.

- Crowliss

3. Diehardpatriot

The coordinates aren't gonna be handed out to non-crewmen unless the place has defenses.

We don't repeat mistakes, after all, mistakes are how we got in our situation in the first place.

(Eight)

4. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

And now you have Opportunity problem.
    No free coordinates, no one comes.

- Crowliss

5. Diehardpatriot

The plan I had in mind with making this post was to recruit people to help in the creation of the colony, defenses included, and then open it to the public.

(Eight)

6. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

-Crystalbubs42- (Barbados)

Hey, P isn't trying to kill anyone! Cool change, alright!

7. Diehardpatriot

Keep this channel to questions, criticism, and other points of relevance please.
    I'd prefer to not let this get out of hand, I need crewmen. Not a lengthy abstract conversation.

(Eight)

8. Der Meister Heister

Der Meister Heister New Member

-Velvet Vigilante-
    I'm not much of a builder, nor am I doing much these days, but I'd be willing to help with this. It would give me something to do I suppose. If you're still looking for a hand, and don't mind a detective hanging about, you know who to call.

(Virgil)

#8 Der Meister Heister, Jun 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2014
  9. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

"Then why not post in some public classifieds site? It's a public forum with all sorts of people. You kind of have to expect all sorts of posts with that sort of thing. Good and bad."

-Aedan

10. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

Good to see there's some willingness to hard work. Strange to see these days.

My only personal advice is looking carefully after those that are crazy or other mental/behaviour issues. Needs a lot of help to get through.

-Memory

11. Diehardpatriot

I guess it doesn't really matter so long as people get the message and want to help.

(Eight)

12. TheNextGuy

TheNextGuy New Member

I can join not much a builder more of a explorer but I need something to do.

-Corvic

13. jroydavis

jroydavis New Member

I'm willing to give it a shot, besides I could use a change of pace...

-Marvin

14. OdinOnlineAlive

OdinOnlineAlive New Member

Sounds interesting. I am interested.

-Q. Daniels

15. Osbourne

Osbourne New Member

>MESSAGE REPLY CC/CREWMEN-WANTED.4837/
    >REPLYING AS: Osbourne
    >Sounds intriguing.
    >I'm up for it.
    >
    >I am involved with the United Systems, however I'll give my word to draw as little attention as >possible. I'm a Navy officer, maybe I could put those skills to use.
    >I'd like to help as much as possible. Please consider
    >
    >
    >MESSAGE END

16. Diehardpatriot

Sorry for the lack of updates, some turmoil recently that I had to deal wiand I haven't received updates for this thread for some reason.

UPDATES: A short term source of income has resulted in the establishment of a mining station in the asteroid belt of the system, and mining operations in the caverns below the colony.

There will be a colony progress bar implemented above.

Upon completion of the main areas and defenses, the colony will be OPENED to the public so that we may trade for necessary supplies. We WILL remain a neutral party from political entities, and have regulations about them, but they will be otherwise permitted to come on completion on the condition of being unarmed, and coming on civilian transports.

RESPONSE TO THE FIVE ABOVE:

I appreciate each one of your offers, we can discuss the semantics of your joining in a private channel or in person, either way contact me privately to continue the conversation.

And Daniels, you're going to have to be more specific on exactly what you're interested in.

COMING SOON

Colony photos, a Colony Title, and Crew Count.

-Eight

#16 Diehardpatriot, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2014
  17. CrackShotCleric

CrackShotCleric New Member

If you require supplies and are willing to pay Fair Market Price (FMP), I am sure something can be arranged so you can get the goods you need and maintain discretion.
    If interested, Shoot me a message.

-Mkoll