1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Dungeons? D&D Style?

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Zach, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Zach

Zach New Member

Howdy everyone. I was thinking, we all love RP events, but, maybe I'm utterly wrong, it seems that not many have any DM'd events. As in, maybe there could be a short/long term DM or even just randoms creating events for the community. I was thinking about doing a few of these myself, and maybe I will, but, I think it'd be fun for everyone if there was like, to all you Fallout fans, a Sierra Madre style ominous broadcast, that attracted adventurers and explorers to sites across the stars. Idk, what do you guys think about this?

2. The Grand Mugwump

This is what the Roleplay Planning/Storyboarding section is for.

3. Zach

Zach New Member

Krap....

4. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

Moved to the Roleplay Planning/ Storyboarding thread.

5. The Grand Mugwump

Basically you suggest your ideas, get people to sign up, work out a date, and then do it. Having a DM or two along would probably greatly improve the experience since they could give descriptions and play as NPC's for people there. Completely open to you for suggesting and arranging stuff!

6. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

Ive sometimes seen this done in a sense during events ive been at. The people who created and run the event are invisible, and nicked "narrator" or something similar, and they describe rooms as people enter,or describe enemies or details needed for the next segment, or something similar. Something like that?

7. Finestein Goodlad

Finestein Goodlad Wizard Mod

I am actually 'planning' to host something that could be considered dungeon crawling and something alike to what you've suggested. But those are just plans for now RIP

8. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Sounds like fun.

9. Liraxus

Liraxus New Member

When I think of dungeons for RP, I think of things like the in-game dungeons, with real traps and real threats, if you want to have dungeons, design them like that and let the actual game create RP, like cutting yourself on a saw trap!