1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

A Story Regarding the Ailanthus Tribe

Discussion in 'Archives' started by DeltaV, Jun 22, 2014.

1. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

Hello, random strangers of the Starnet. Allow me to regale you with a tale of intrigue and wonder.

Here I was, minding my own business and selling drinks at the bar where I work, when I offered drinks to two Florans. One of them, being an outstanding citizen of the galaxy, decided that this was the perfect cue to demand I give him a free drink at gunpoint. I refused, and he proceeded to attempt to steal the money out of the register (Which was empty, so joke's on him, I suppose), and then to shoot me multiple times in the face and chest while attempting to make his escape. All of this, may I remind you, for the crime of asking if he wanted to buy something.

A few days later, after I had recovered enough to walk with the assistance of a crutch, I proceeded to head down back to the bar, where I learned that the Floran in question was a member of the Ailanthus Tribe that I know everyone on the Starnet loves so. When I attempted to figure out who it was that had just attempted to rob and kill me in my own bar, the lovely chief of the tribe took the opportunity to threaten to eat me if I continued in trying to find out the name of my assailant. Now, I'm not implying that the Tribe doesn't adequately punish attempted murder and robbery as long as the person doing the murdering and robbery is one of them, but oh wait, that's exactly what every encounter I've had has said pretty overtly.

Now, I'm no idiot, though apparently my attacker was, considering an obviously-placed security camera managed to record every minute of what I've just told you, and I'm in the process of getting access to this footage. But I thought I'd leave this post here on the off chance that the wonderful plucking people involved might want to fess up before my employers and I find out who they were. I am also open to apologies from the Tribe, on the off chance that they're /not/ quite as overtly hostile as my two encounters with members of them have proven to be.

-Ryan Thompson

2. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

inb4 yet another shitstorm

-weaponsandhos6969

3. JimHarrison

JimHarrison Grouchy Player

Uh. How're you's walkin' around? He shot you's in the face?

SOPRANO

4. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

Firsst off. get your sstory sstraight. I offered you 3 timess to let your anger out on me, I/E vent your frusstrationss by attacking me ass payback. yet you refussed and then ssaid you were going to have him killed by ssome sshmuck from sstarnet if i didnt tell you hiss name.

I OPENLY ALLOWED YOU TO TAKE YOUR ANGER OUT ON ME. FOR MY TRIBESSMANSS MISDEEDSS. Yet you threatened me once more.

I then replied with ssaying; " if you put a bounty on my tribessman you will have the entirety of Ailanthuss after you. and you will probably end up in my sstomach.."

I offered you a chance to make things right. yet here you are making a sscene out of it on sstarnet like you ussual idiotss do.

-Sharptooth, Chief of Ailanthuss-

5. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

Modern medical science is a miracle, isn't it? And his gun was shooting thorns. Really heavy thorns, but thorns nonetheless. I've been told I have a thick skull. (That was a really bad joke, I'm sorry.)

To correct you, I said I could pay to have him killed if I wished, which I don't need to because I personally almost don't want to kill him. And I'm not insane enough to go and attack a random uninvolved person because they want to cover for a criminal.

6. Switchback

Ass I have ssaid. I'd take any punisshment for my tribessmenss actionss. I am involved becausse he iss my tribessman.
    I apologized to you once before, but apparently you didnt hear Floran..

Either way, teh damage hass been done... Happy human?

7. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

It makes logical sense that the victim would seek retribution upon his actual assailant rather than one covering for his actions. It would be most fitting for the member who attempted homicide to apologize and make amends himself like a decent galactic citizen. Apart from that, I suggest you reprimand your tribesman for his behavior and not make open threats against this man's life, which was only recently put in jeopardy. As a tribe leader I would expect better.

-Ray Beluga, Fleet Admiral, HKC

8. Switchback

Floran doess not ssee you leading tribe doess sshe? No matter...

Floran hass already ssaid Tribessman will be dealt with... End of sstory.

9. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

Request: I would like this tribesmen to return, then, and formally apologize to Ryan here. Observation: It goes without saying that none the less, this tribesmen also broke one of the very few rules our Den has, which is starting violence within the Den for no reason. Annoyance: A simple rule that many feel the need to break. Observation: Many who have broken this rule have received injuries worse than the ones they have caused, if they have caused them.

Reassuring: If this tribesmen can walk back into the Den without stirring up more trouble and apologize to our employee, then I'm willing to allow him to return so long as this behavior isn't repeated. Annoyance: I would not enjoy having to ban a whole tribe because of the actions of /one/ man.

Observation: You do not walk into one's bar, ask for a free drink, and then aim a gun at someone's head for not receiving said free drink. Annoyance: I will not ask again for this tribesman of your's, Sharp, to come and pay us a visit. Observation: It's a simple request, and there's no reason for you to deny this request.

Restating: This is our only offer.

-Raoul

10. Switchback

Hsss Floran will deal with tribessman. Thiss iss exactly what floran did NOT want to happen...
    Floran can asssure metal man that Tribessman will apologize...