1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

A Baddie to Beat (AKA TL;DR)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Arcullis, Jun 16, 2014.

?

Do you want to beat a big ol' boss?

1. Yes. (Open for discussion)

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. No. (Open for discussion)

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Finestein Goodlad

Finestein Goodlad Wizard Mod

People are worried whenever or not it will be a well written character that will act as a villain or an antagonist for the plot he is planning. I could understand why, but Arcullis is a good man so far. I've seen him RP and I've talked to him about this personally. Instead of being quick to doubt him, give him a chance. You can see how well he carried out this whole discussion, for instance.

2. Arcullis

Arcullis New Member

And as I have stated, I will not be trying to show-boat my character around. That seems to have been the problem that needs addressing. There will be things posted on Starnet by a separate character that will subtlety hint towards the next event. I will not spam galaxy chat with ranting messages or make constant speeches in colonies of how great I am. Are there any other issues I need to be aware of?

3. The Grand Mugwump

This is something which shouldn't be going out into the wild, similar to the Rakghoul idea a while ago. In the realm of contained events, more options are available. But just saying "OH hey, this guy exists and has above average powers to help make him more villainous and will randomly walk around" is not an acceptable thing to me.

As a moderator, keeping to these will keep me happy for something like this.
    1. Keep your villain to scheduled events on private planets or colonies consenting to it as described in our PvP Code of Conduct. This allows players to opt in and consent to the fact your villain is extra powered and may do crazy stuff instead of catching random passerbies in the crossfire, and it allows you to lay rules for what people consent to by participating.
    2. Keep it from getting out into the wild (ie no person who participated in the event getting infected or whatever and using it to adversely affect RP outside of the events without consent).
    Stick to these (subject to revision based on other moderator feedback) and I'll be happy as a moderator. As a player, I still feel kinda iffy on the whole singular super villain thing versus factions, but I'm willing to see what you can do with it.

4. Arcullis

Arcullis New Member

Once again I apologize if you were mislead to believe any of the things you listed were something I was going to do. First off, she will not be after factions as a whole. In fact, Zalexia herself has already been wholly consumed by the parasite, but for simplicity's sake, and ease of reference, I call her Zalexia still. She does not have these godly powers that people seem to think I have given her. She cannot heal in a battle with crazy speed. She is not incredibly strong, or smart. She does not have the capability to single handedly destroy a group of people, much less an entire faction.

The opposing force in these events will be less of Zalexia and more of the parasite itself- as it wishes to spread to other hosts, just like any parasite in existence does instinctively. The only reason I put that 'increased healing capabilities' in was because I know for a fact that someone is going to manage to cut her arm or something of the like in one of the lesser scuffles leading up to the final fight. In fact, I could probably just toss it out and say all of the wounds she receives are not healed through traditional methods of blood-clotting and such, but the parasite closes them up with putrid tissue-like substances. This would emphasize the fact that she is being consumed, rather than being healed.

And I'm not sure if you read this before or not, but I have said I will be creating custom scenarios on other planets for others to attend, rather than trying to force an RP on an already existing colony. This is the much more immersing route anyhow.

5. The Grand Mugwump

I'm aware, but these are the rules we'd like you to follow with this. It's good you were already planning along their lines. Hopefully you'll get enough support to try your idea out. Anyways, continue the discussion and selling your point!

6. Arcullis

Arcullis New Member

Oh, you were just restating them- sorry. Sounds good then! Well I suppose we won't truly know how it is until I test it out in game, so we can try with a little mini-event sometime this weekend. If it goes well, I will continue to progress the events accordingly. So keep an eye out on Starnet General for any threads relating to Zalexia and that will be the flag that triggers the first step. I'll post times and such later. Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'll keep everything that has been said in mind.