1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

A Seeker's Reports

Discussion in 'Character Journals' started by Felonious, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Cycle 1498: Mission Summary
    User: Kexichotcloa Amos
    Authority Level: Third Seeker
    Operational Status: Active Scouting/Information Gathering

For all my tales of prophecy and divine right, for all the wisdom I garnered through experience and through theory, the title of Seeker of Enachuan was one I could not have expected. As a Prophet they were too passive, hiding from the Stargazers at some remote, unknown location, a metaphorical Shangrila to the Grounded… To the Free.

Whether I carry the title, with pride or shame, I cannot say. Resorting to the constrictions of Enachuan was a worthy sacrifice for safety and relative comfort among civilized stars. And the title and sacrifice of not seeing them as often as I’d like is a worthy price to ensuring our new home stays safe. Perhaps, in the next lifetime, the Quadrants will be free of the threats that burden it. Even so, no one can search every star.

As a Seeker, my responsibilities are plain as I follow the Triple Directive:

• Primary: To ensure the secrecy and safety of Enachuan’s location and uncover all information that might pertain to that secrecy. Track Stargazer movements, Loyalist movements, galactic politics, public attitude toward Stargazer Policy. Track Floran expansion and aggression. (PRIORITY!) Scout Agaran expansion and aggression.

• Secondary: Acquire all technology that might benefit the safety of Enachuan. Crystal and Traditional technologies especially.

• Tertiary: Aid in the hampering of designated enemy forces. Assist Free Avians where I can, without compromising the Primary or Secondary Codes. Take action to slow progress the Stargazers make, and otherwise weaken their forces. At most, this employs guerilla tactics. At least, diplomatic support to Grounded holdouts along the Inquisitions path.

I'll be honest. It's less than ideal. I was assigned this corner of space because I have 'contacts' out here? Who? Ring of Thorns, perhaps? Command was vague as it gets. With any luck this will be a short mission, then I can return home to my family.

2. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Cycle 1499: Mission Update - Official Filing
    User: Kexichotlcoa Amos
    Authority Level: Third Seeker
    Operational Status: Active Scouting/Information Gathering

I began this day by seeking out the ‘contacts’ I was so vaguely assured I would have in this sector. I suspected my Brother was among them, but I never dreamed to hear of Razor Vine’s survival. Still, I found neither. Instead I began investigating this ‘Holy Fleet’. Mostly asking questions, their policies, their actions. My findings have been troubling.

While I suspect the group is small, somewhat disorganized and perhaps only ENDORSED by official Stargazer forces, they are violent. I’ve heard tell of kidnappings, public tarrings, and thefts of property. As well as discrimination against the local Floran populace. (Note: Floran populace will likely turn to aggression should such discrimination escalate. If we're lucky, they'll wipe one another out. I wouldn't place my salary on it, though.) It’s only a matter of time before things escalate. Sacrifices, inquisitions. We should be fine as long as there isn’t a full Exalted Crusade.

Concerning my Secondary Directive, the planet they have ‘inhabited’ is well defended. It will make my work with the secondary directive unprecedentedly difficult. They may be violent, disorganized and crude, but they are well armed. Even a child can fire a gun. It’s unlikely I’ll have a chance to get my hands on any advances this ‘Fleet’ makes without a considerable armed force distracting them for an extended amount of time. Or great risk to my own person.

Finally, the Tertiary Directive is a possibility. There is a group called the Talons here. From what I can tell, they’re small, passive and possibly inactive. If they ARE active, I’ll do my best to make contact with them and extend an offer of support. I will continue my reports, seek a chance to enter Liberty Mills for a more extensive amount of time.

Addendum: I’m making my arms request official now. I require proper outfitting out here, my old armors and weapons aren’t going to cut it. And, as opposed to ranged weapons as I am, I need guns. I need something that will let me defend myself against a Stargazer. With any luck it won’t come to that, but the Florans out here may be even more a threat.