1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Jameson Industries: Weaponry Suppliers

Discussion in 'Archives' started by DeltaV, Jun 8, 2014.

1. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

(Previously "Specialized Weaponry for Sale")

[​IMG]

Jameson Industries is devoted to supplying reliable, top-quality weapons at fair prices to all those who need them. Browse our wares below!

Generic
    We understand that sometimes you simply need a basic, reliable gun for your self-defense needs. As such, we have opened up the manufacturing of generic ballistic and plasma weaponry.
    (Images coming soon)

Pistol: 250 Pixels
    - Machine: 400 Pixels
    - Plasma Machine: 650 Pixels
    - Plasma: 500 Pixels
    Assault Rifle: 600 Pixels
    - Plasma: 750 Pixels
    Shotgun: 550 Pixels
    - Plasma: 800 700 Pixels
    Sniper Rifle: 850 Pixels
    - Plasma: 1,000 Pixels
    Grenade Launcher: 1,000 Pixels
    - Plasma: 1,200 Pixels
    Rocket Launcher: 1,250 Pixels

Specialized
    Jameson Industries made its name in Antares supplying weapons with specialized functions to the public. We have no plans of stopping now.

[​IMG]
    Tesla Pistol Mk1
    The ultimate portable self-defense utility, the Tesla Pistol delivers all the incapacitating, nonlethal force of larger lightning coil designs, at half the size! No expense has been spared to provide reliability, portability and practicality. Perfect for personal self-defense or law enforcement purposes.
    Price: 500 Pixels

[​IMG]
    Gas Thrower Mk1
    Perfect for crowd control, the Gas Thrower fires variable, nonlethal expanding gas at high power. All canisters are completely customizable - fire tear gas, sleeping gas, or turn it into a normal flamethrower with a gas canister and the flick of a switch!
    Price: 1,000 Pixels

[​IMG]
    Plasma Grenade Launcher
    Quite self-explanatory; a grenade launcher that fires plasma grenades. Why settle for normal explosions when you can shoot ones that burn at tens of thousands of degrees Celsius?
    Price: 1,100 Pixels

[​IMG]
    Wyvern Cannon
    A specialized rocket launcher fitted to fire high-power flaming explosives, which burn as they fly through the air and explode in flames upon hitting their target. Very powerful. Can be fired by one person, but a second is recommended to steady the barrel for maximum accuracy.
    Price: 1,250 Pixels

[​IMG]
    AMP Rifle
    The AMP Rifle, or Arm-Mounted Plasma Rifle, is an innovation in the design of assault rifles. By special-fitting the weapon to one's arm and shoulder, precision and mobility are increased while magnetic field dampers decrease the recoil of the plasma bolts and allow for sustained firing limited only by your energy pool.
    Price: 800 Pixels

[​IMG]
    Dart Rifle
    The name says it all - it's a specialized sniper rifle that fires darts. Though something of a novelty at first glance, the dart rifle allows for near-silent firing of versatile darts at high speeds and over long distances.

[​IMG]
    Minigun
    The name says it all. One of our few bullet-based weapons, because the effectiveness of the ammunition doesn't matter when it's firing three thousand of them per minute. Great for suppressive fire and turrets, just don't expect to fire it unsupported without breaking every bone in your arm.
    Price: 5,000 Pixels ; ammunition sold separately.

[​IMG]
    Thunder Shield Mk1
    The Thunder Shield is a specialized incapacitating shotgun intended for self-defense uses against the more durable of opponents. The weapon fires immense amounts of electricity at a small distance from the user that provides enormous amounts of stopping power at the cost of range and a very high energy cost. Able to knock a bear out cold at ten feet - electricity quickly dissipates after that point. Intended for nonlethal self-defense and law enforcement purposes, but warning: multiple blasts CAN be permanently damaging or fatal. Do not use on small children.

Novelty / Antique
    Old-fashioned or obscure weapons that have long since gone out of modern use. Still used in cultures such as the Glitch or Floran.

Hunting Bows:
    - Wooden: 100 Pixels
    - Iron: 150 Pixels
    - Steel: 200 Pixels
    - Titanium: 250 Pixels

- Crossbow: 300 Pixels

(Note: We are looking for suppliers of Floran needlers and Avian rifles.)

[​IMG]
    Your Custom Weapon Here
    In need of a specific weapon you can't find above? Custom weapons are now available! Simply contact me on this thread, in a private message or in person and provide details on what you'd like, and if it's remotely possible I'll design and build it for you. Due to potentially low customer bases and mass production feasibility, expect higher prices than what is shown above.

More innovative designs coming soon, so check back often!

#1 DeltaV, Jun 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
  2. Mystyice

Mystyice New Member

[[Exlar_Omega_2]]
    Greetings. I was wondering if I might be able to purchase a blueprint of the Gas Thrower Mk1 for five times its normal price?

-Exlar Omega, CEO of Omega Supplies
    ((Xewyck's Disguise))

3. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

-Jameson-
    For what purpose?

4. Zach

Zach New Member

So, so many arms dealers recently, yet so few selling energy weapons. I love it.

-Zacharius

5. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

Probably because plasma weaponry is another beast entirely, and creating one from scratch or a blueprint requires waaaaaaaaaay more resources than conventional kinetics.

If all these folks are producing these the way I think they're producing them, I wouldn't be surprised if they simply didn't have the funds. Wouldn't be an option for them, both in terms of know-how and in terms of economic viability.

-Crosswell

6. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

-Jameson-
    The Jameson family has a long history of technical expertise in all walks of life, and there is currently no shortage of stored pixels to invest into our innovative new weapons development. The current models being sold here are part of our efforts to expand our customer-base to the frontiers of space.

7. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Puts the Coo in Cool

Oh look, you've managed to imitate a Phoenix emblem, albeit at about ten times the size and weight... - Skarti

8. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

-Jameson-
    Unless you can throw one with the same force as a rocket launcher (In which case, congratulations) there are plenty of applications.

#8 DeltaV, Jun 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2014
  9. Kirby teh Pink

Wait, so you're selling a completely optional propulsion system, for an incredibly rare ammo type you can't produce? Who do you expect is going to buy this?

Also, I'm fairly certain there's some self-propulsion involved in actual Phoenix emblems, but I wouldn't know. I'm not an Artificer. - Skarti

10. Zach

Zach New Member

It...isn't that hard...is it? Designing them is almost like traditional firearms...almost. Yeah, theres a few different parts, but its not that different in design, besides the firing mechanism. Production, maybe. The energy weapons I use, aren't super high tech anti-ship weapons, so I might just be blabbering here.

-Zacharius

11. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

-Jameson-
    If you can't think of any combat applications for firing flaming explosives over long distances, that's probably the issue.

12. Zach

Zach New Member

I'm all into weaponry, energy and kinetic, built a few myself. But, I don't know what phoenix emblems are, care to explain? And, whats the launcher built to do? Just a general RPG?

13. Kirby teh Pink

Ugh. Now you're missing my point entirely, so allow me to put it in simpler terms...

YOU NOT HAVE PHOENIX EMBLEMS.

So, you put time and effort into designing a launcher for an ammo type you can't even produce yourself, thus greatly limiting potential buyers, and I can assure you, any Avian with easy access to a supply of Phoenix emblems certainly won't be lugging massive launch tube around.

Just stick to your own technology, don't try to "Improve" on concepts you don't understand. - Skarti

14. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

((In other words, the only flaming projectile the game that flies straight is the phoenix emblem.))

15. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

((Dragon's breath does the same thing.))

16. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

((Does it? I hadn't even considered it, it's been so long since I fought the dragon xD Thanks for the tip))

17. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

-Jace Ombre-

Yeah, while outward design might not be that different, the main challenge is in isolating and expanding upon the energy cores and plasma cells that are stored within the weapon and allowing them to not only discharge a projectile of the right size but also to discharge the projectile at the correct muzzle velocity. As well as not allowing the gun to overheat due to firing projectiles that can be in excess of thousands of degrees celcius. As you could guess, that can get problematic. ((real plasma burns around 2500000 celcius, but thats just...i mean come on. What -couldnt- you do with that)) This is the primary reason I myself have not yet worked up to selling plasma weaponry yet.

18. Zach

Zach New Member

But, example. I use a rifle I...kinda...designed. Its an energy rifle made for long distance. Exchangeable power packs made the power source part easier than like, how some might use their own generators. Now, you said energy cores that are stored in the weapon itself, is that like a generator, or do they act like charge pack, (essentially large batteries)?

19. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

Either or. The function of the main power source largely depends on the purpose and relative size of the weapon.

Most modern plasma rifles use the interchangeable battery packs that yours does, because of convenience. Hell, in some cases it's even externalized and for all intents and purposes operates much like the magazine a kinetic variant would use. When the battery's charge is expended, you simply eject it and slap in a new one, and you're good to go. The downside here is power. You can only give an externalized, replaceable battery pack so much juice, and that in turn directly affects the power of the weapon and plasma projectile itself.

Heavier weapons, therefore, usually have a built-in generator. Recharges slower and can't be swapped out, but what it lacks in ease of use it makes up for in sheer raw power. You'll find these on ship-based weaponry, most military-grade plasma launchers, etc. The generators, due to their importance, are usually the most heavily-armored parts on said weaponry.

20. Zach

Zach New Member

Ok, thanks. It just seemed like there was something I was overlooking that made the weapons overly complex. Thanks.
    -Zacharius