1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Pizza Please?

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Izzida, Jun 4, 2014.

?

To what extent would you use this service?

1. Pizza boxes piled to the ceiling! [I'd be a regular]

11 vote(s)
    36.7%
  2. Sign me up! [I'd be an employee]

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. I might indulge. [Might use it once or twice]

10 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Why would I even want this? [No thank you]

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Pizza! [indifferent]

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. Izzida

Izzida New Member

As a minor interlude, I don't recommend googling space pizza. There's some really weird stuff.

2. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

why would you tell anyone /not/ to google space pizza. I've never been so satisfied with search results in my life.

3. Izzida

Izzida New Member

True, I'm not sure why I expected any less to be honest.

[Edit] I won't be replying to this thread for awhile if anyone posts anything. Sorry if some of my earlier posts made me come off as an ignorant jack*ss. My thoughts/posts were a bit disorganized and probably didn't come out right. I'm taking all suggestions and concerns into consideration and as of right now the ship delivery idea is right out. But that's part of why I threw it out here. Look into new ideas when I have the chance. I have work to get done before I can go into this more.

#43 Izzida, Jun 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2014
  4. Animator

Animator New Member

They could be a traveling band of chefs that prepare supposedly legendary gourmet pizza speculated to be the equivalent of Kluex himself punching you in the face with all his awe.

They all have a singular ship that they all share and live in, they target a colony, and then travel to it. Then they establish base there, prepping a reputation for their high-quality pizza as word flows that there are these traveling dudes that make pretty damn good pizza. After they spend a good while there, selling pizza to all the good people of said colony, and have managed their expenses enough to account for FTL expenses and the like, they fly off to another colony, repeating the process all over again. This can lead to sponsorships from colonies who would like business to come to them: By going to a planet and having people track where they go, they can bring business to otherwise desolate locations. All in the name of pizza.

In other words, they're a more sci-fi take on the usual food truck concept on an intergalactic scale.

5. Izzida

Izzida New Member

That's actually a really interesting take on it. I like that idea a lot. I'll definitely add that to the brainstorming list.

I was kind of aiming to provide a 24/7 supply of food essentially with the way the process would be done, for slow periods on the server. With humanities rather obsession with pizza in space as soon as they started branching out an colonizing I'm 99% sure pizza would go with them. It seems like something that really would, plausibly, exist. But figuring out the best and most cost efficient way to go about it is the trouble. Judging from the poll there's definitely interest. People would order pizza and I could see it being a fun thing to have on the server even if it's small-time

The flying ships back and forth idea is completely out though. Shouldn't have even tried to play that card in hindsight. Bad idea, that's what I get for coming up with things at 3am. But the pizza delivery concept I think is a good one. The food truck is really good idea too.

I'll see what I can dig up on warping technology and possibilities of using that even? But I don't know much on it. Maybe a warp pad connected to each colony that gets service from the main pizza building hub thing. If that's not a stretch.

After that there's still the 'ship shop' orbiting colonies or the food truck idea.

6. Izzida

Izzida New Member

At this point I haven't seen a lot of interest in actual involvement in this other then ordering. Is anyone up for co-managing the project? I don't think this is something I could tackle myself due to IRL demands and I don't want to really dig in too much more unless I know the interest to actually staff this project is there.

7. Finestein Goodlad

Finestein Goodlad Wizard Mod

I could, but I am often busy on other characters.

8. Animator

Animator New Member

If you don't have the time, then don't focus on it until you have the time, because otherwise it's going to falter and die.

9. Izzida

Izzida New Member

Well I didn't intend to start it immediately I was putting out the idea to see if it was even worth bothering first. But yeah, if no one is willing to co-manage it it might be awhile before I get it started I still have close to the month of classes left.

10. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

I would agree, except for the fact that spaceships can run on coal.

11. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Even though it has already been stated (by me), a pizza is not worth the cost of 400 pieces of coal for a trip to and back from a different star system.

12. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

Oh, pfft, I'm dumb, nevermind. I didn't think of it that way.

13. Izzida

Izzida New Member

Yeah we already had the coal discussion. My current thought is how plausible would it be for their to be their main building rigged up with multiple warp pads connected directly to various colonies but I don't know how far that would really reach. I haven't had time to dig into it yet though with finals being the week after next.