1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

SharpSand spawn. will it be possible?

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Switchback, May 31, 2014.

1. Dark Lord Stan

Dark Lord Stan The Recoloring Master

Exactly!

2. Animator

Animator New Member

I totally agree; this is less of a "don't do this" and more of a disclaimer on my part.

3. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

I foresee John hating the spawn and killing it because it isn't his. -Shrug-

Politics aside, makin' babies because your hubby can't from my perspective is a bit... hm... offensive. While on the political point you're makin' a baby to strengthen relations that will still probably fall apart over who actually gets the kid, on a moral level it's like punching John in the dick with an Emperor Class Titan. That ain't gonna go so well.

Just my thoughts, though.

4. Reconus

Reconus Moderator
    Staff Member

I HEARD THERE WAS HERESY AND CAME AS FAST AS I COULD.

On more serious notes:
    You do realise there will be more than one?
    Floran make broods last I saw with the Mucklurk swarm. That or he had around 20 rough nights, which is very unlikely. We will rely on the numbers and split them between the two tribes, strengthening not only relations between the tribes but the tribe itself.
    Thats the plan, anyway, unless I'm missing out on some infomation.

5. Animator

Animator New Member

I want to imagine the Floran baby running away after it's born and being lost to both tribes, and after a couple of years, it comes back to Taranis and falls in love with Sharptooth, to which he fights with John and kills only to realize that Sharptooth was his mother the whole time. I call this one Florapus Rex.

Or, Sharptooth has a falling out with the Desert tribe and takes in the child as her own. Then! The child falls in love from a Floran from another tribe, and then Astora can pop up and tell the tribes to stop fighting or he'll interfere. The kid gets in a fight with a bigger dude from another tribe, both the kid and the other Floran run away together, the kid's lover pretends to die, he finds them dead on the grave, he kills himself, and then the lover wakes up only to end herself. This ending I call Flomeo and Juliet.

"Flomeo, Flomeo, wherefore art thou Flomeo?"

"It isss the eassst, and the ssstabsss are in the wessst."

Oh! The tribes have dance-offs against each other! I call it... West Tribe Story.

6. Reconus

Reconus Moderator
    Staff Member

umad

7. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

brilliance

Shakespearean tragedy with carnivorous tribal plant people

what could possibly go wrong?

8. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

Genius. Just genius.

9. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

One thing with this idea is, given that they would be playing the spawn of Sharptooth, they would be classified as under 16. This goes against the CoC, unfortunately. No one is allowed to play characters that are under 16 years old.

10. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

Perhaps they can be artificially grown after they are born to be adults??? Sort of what happened with Mucktooth spawn.

11. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

This raises an interesting question though. What do we know about Floran reproduction? Do we go by the respawn animation? Are there "seeds"? Do Florans start out fully grown?

12. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

The Mucktooth spawn was already iffy in the eyes of the staff, as a whole. It might not be best to go down that road again. Doing that, at the time, just seemed like a way to be fully grown, but still have infant-like intelligence. Which, however, also falls under the lines of not playing underage characters. The character itself could easily be over 16, but if they still act like a child, it still falls under that rule.

13. Kumakin

Kumakin New Member

Sorry for the confusion. *Slut or Sloot. Whatever.

14. Reconus

Reconus Moderator
    Staff Member

I was not confused.
    I was simply commenting on your master plan.

15. Kumakin

Kumakin New Member

On an old server we had a whole page about this question...

16. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Honestly with that thing, there was zero planning involved, went with the idea of extremely fast maturity, the pc ones, being the ones that matured mentally to the point of being comparable to a 16 year old floran. (The ic lifespan bit was played out as having been a part of the feral swarm, feeding on each other until intelligent enough to be segregated by Mucklurk, and then by the other pcs.) For the Mucktooth thang though, it fell through wne some pc's were infantile and creepy.

That's why on this re-emergence, I opted to avoid that end altogether and just go with infecting florans.

TL;DR

I don't advise the route, but if it gets approved, you absolutely must, MUST, MUST, be a bit heavy handed, and selective. Because an infantile creepy-floran-space-baby will ruin your day.

17. Narfball

Narfball narfball

DG and Terallis have points here.

Sharp, in short.

ur fukd kid

18. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE Notorious B.A.D.

Sharp and Arid most likely wouldn't end up making super-babies anyway and if they're just normal babies well then why not just play a regular-ass floran

19. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

I hadn't planned on having them infantile space floran babies.

of course they'd have to be mature minded floran, thats what i precieved from DG experince from afar.
    i still have yet to talk to arid about this, pretty doubtfull for the florans to have anything special about them since both parents are normal ish.

half of the brood would be split between tribes, some go to arid while some stay with sharp.

however i see your point with the idea. and i'll abstain with it.

merely wished to proivde further rp oppertuinites with people is all.

20. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

"I hadn't planned on having them infantile space floran babies."

Didn't say ya did, just offering up my words o' caution :O

Things like this, seem to draw players that may want that type.
    That being said, I'm also kind of an rp elitist in some senses, and have an undying hatred of certain snowflake stereotypes that keep popping up >_>