1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

I'm gonna need some help, folks

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Swartz, May 27, 2014.

1. Swartz

Swartz Sad Birdy Man

I’m gonna need some help folks. Now, this is really tough for me to write, as it happened just a few days ago, but… Well, I gotta get it out. To start, my name is Upton Fullwood. I’m just a country boy- I lived on a small farming colony that my Pa made to settle down.

He was some sort of scavenger before all of this happened. But that’s besides the point, as my Pa, my Ma, and my brother are dead. Anyways, we were out here minding our own business, living the good life. That is until some bandits showed up. They were right angry, and I don’t know why.

They just started… Shooting. Burning. Pillaging. I was out hunting when they arrived, with my old crossbow. I didn’t even know they were here until I got home, and by then, it was too late. They were tossing the bodies in this big pile, and were just starting to set ‘em on fire when I got home. My dog, ol’ Arcturus, he ran in.

Took a bullet for me. I’ll never forget him. Anyways, I took this chance. I opened fire, unleashing a bolt from my crossbow and dropped a guy. Now, there were only two of ‘em, but we didn’t have any guns. Pa said nothing good came from ‘em, so of the few folks that settled out here, we didn’t have any.

Anyways, the next guy was taken down by Arcturus. And I ran over to him and just started hitting and hitting, and next thing I knew, his head was popped, and my ‘bow was busted. And, well, since I guess they’re dead, I guess the ship their ship is mine.

Now, I’ve had a few days to make my peace, and though it still hurts, I think it’s time I get a-move-on. Now… Now, this is why I made this post. ‘Cause I don’t know the first damn thing about space travel or the stars. I just know that I can escape from here on this ship. So if you fine folks here on the StarNet could… I dunno, maybe help a guy out? I ain’t got no weapons or anything, but I don’t have the damndest clue on how to fly this thing or what to bring. Thank you folks.

-Upton Fullwood-

2. OminousMushroom

OminousMushroom New Member

-Haystacker-

Audio-to-Text

"Krraw.. that's very unfortunate. I'll - hrm. Okay, here's what I need you to do. If you are still paying attention to this, anyways. Look at a... large, glowing computer in the middle of the computer. Supposedly, it should be .. kraw. The console.

"After you turn on the console, enter this code in;*It sounds like he's reading this off from a book.* ACT.._DSS.._1029.exe

"After you do that, it should send out a signal that I can trace. I'll help-- kraaw, you out that way!"

3. Swartz

Swartz Sad Birdy Man

Well, Mr. Haystacker, I haven't really gone in the ship just yet. I mean... Well, I'm kinda afraid it's trapped or some of that. Maybe there are more bandits on board, though it has been sitting in my wheat field for a couple of days, so that is unlikely.

-Upton Fullwood-

4. OminousMushroom

-Haystacker-

Audio-to-Text

"Ah, alright, yeah, that's going to be a problem. Erm.. by any chance, do you know what the -name- of your planet is? Krraw.. or what the ship looks like? Do you see any -- kaww.. obvious insignias?"

5. Swartz

Swartz Sad Birdy Man

-Upton Fullwood-

Well, Mr. Haystacker, if you give me a bit, I gotta go find the camera. And then I'll upload a picture.

6. JimHarrison

JimHarrison Grouchy Player

You's know, if you's is still any good at farming, I might have a lil' operation for you's, see?

-Soprano

7. Swartz

Swartz Sad Birdy Man

-Upton Fullwood-

No offense, mister, but I kinda want to get away from farming for a bit. It's just... Brought me all sorts of trouble.

8. JimHarrison

JimHarrison Grouchy Player

( swartz you whore be a drug farmer )

9. Swartz

Swartz Sad Birdy Man

((Nuuu... Depends on the pay))
    -Upton Fullwood-

So, here is a picture of the outside of the ship. I haven't been inside of it yet.
    View attachment 1578

Attached Files:

10. OminousMushroom

-Haystacker-

Audio-to-Text

"It looks fairly small.. how many bandits did you say were there? I saw you killed two, but -Kraaw, it's good to know what you're dealing with.. usually, crews in ships like these aren't very large!"

11. Swartz

Swartz Sad Birdy Man

-Upton Fullwood-

Now, there were two doing their thing killing thing. So, either the rest inside aren't coming out, or they aren't real. I'm willing to bet they aren't real. I'm more worried about traps.

12. OminousMushroom

-Haystacker-

Audio-to-Text

"Two of them, then! That's - Kraaw, good! Okay, so dealing with this shouldn't be too difficult.. at least, as long as you know what you're doing. The wheat field looks thick, so try getting close to the ship and listen for any voices or sounds. If you hear nothing, it either means .. kraaw, they're asleep, or they're just not there!"

13. Swartz

Swartz Sad Birdy Man

-Upton Fullwood-

Nah, mister, I don't think you understand. The only two that I've seen at all are dead. I don't think there are any more.

14. OminousMushroom

-Haystacker-

Audio-to-Text

"Oh! ... well duh, I -kraw-- knew that. Okay, so if no one's in there, try picking out a bunch of those wheat plants and using their stems as a prod to see if anything's booby-trapped! At the very worst - kraaw, there could be turrets, but if there aren't any you're good to go!"

15. Swartz

Swartz Sad Birdy Man

-Upton Fullwood-

Alright, I'm heading in. Wish me luck.

16. OminousMushroom

-Haystacker-

Audio-to-Text

"Tell me how it goes if you live! Krraw!"

17. Swartz

Swartz Sad Birdy Man

-Upton Fullwood-

Alright, so I'm in the ship, and I've entered that code into the console... Guess it's just a matter of time. Hope you aren't a murderer or cultists or something.

18. AmyCat

AmyCat New Member

That only looks like a low orbital shuttle from what I could see in the picture. It's most probable that there is a more larger ship stationed in orbit around the planet. Most, if all craft that can reach FTL are incapable of landing or even take off from a planet with atmospheric pressure and high gravitational pull. If you get a look on their tracking computers, maybe they kept the X, Y, Z coordinates to a more larger craft.
    My theory would be irrelevant however if the bandits who used to own that craft could afford/ steal a micro drive, thus allowing such a small craft to reach past light speed. If that is the case, nice find! Craft like that are extremely useful.

-May

19. Swartz

Swartz Sad Birdy Man

-Upton S. Fullwood-

It does indeed have a very small FTL drive. And while I may have gotten off of that rock, I am now stranded above Liberty Mills. I miss the farm, to say the least.

20. Farcry11

Farcry11 Guest

Oh! You're that boy I met outside the sewer! What an incredible journey you had, truly.

I do hope you're keeping the Scepter of X'Soth safe. Like I said, very, very important. I will return for it shortly, assuming you still hold residence in that "Liberty Mills" cesspool.

And don't even think about selling it, or I'll be forced to do something rather distasteful. Good day, young Master Fullwood.

- Bernard Finnley