1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

[CONTRALTO DRUGS] Toxic Top Powder

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by JimHarrison, May 26, 2014.

1. JimHarrison

JimHarrison Grouchy Player

In the filth that is the Liberty Mills Undercity, Crime Boss Frankie "Bada Boop" Contralto has just come up with a new exciting enterprise to push upon the denizens of it's streets.

Yep. I figured I'd post this so I wouldn't have to explain it so much to everybody. In Character - if you see somebody selling either of these things (Toxic Tops), they're tryin' to sell you dope bro.

TOXIC TOPS :

[​IMG]

These narcotics have been created by crushing and purifying the acidic compounds of Toxic Tops in combination with amphetamines to create a drug that will increase the adrenaline production in your body, make colours vivid and bright, make sounds louder (and possibly sound more aggressive), and clouds judgement and thought, curing the user of anxieties, and giving the user a sense of overcharged self ability. Effects last for about 30 minutes, continued use may cause paranoia, insomnia, with the acidic compounds of the drug also burning away at the users throat - eventually leaving the person with a very raspy sort of voice. For most people with moderate resistance to addiction - after a couple doses, the stimulant will tend to become addictive. During withdrawal (after addiction), the user will feel heightened senses of aggression, muscle spasms, clouded vision, migraines, and cotton mouth.

#1 JimHarrison, May 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2014
  2. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

DRIED REEF POD: Reefer. hue. Gives the user a calming, mellow high. Slows the heart rate, soothes the nerves. Consumption requires the user to grind and ignite the dried herb, then inhaling the fumes via filtration apparatus or simply rolled paper. Prolonged use will leave the user with a sort of.. scent on them. A smelly smell that smells.. smelly. Sort of like strawberries, but uber intense. No addiction from this, but you will have one hell of a good time. (( its uber-space weed. ))

FIIIIIIX .I cant accept nibbly fruit. NO WAY

3. JimHarrison

That works.

4. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

I've noticed a problem with using established IG items to represent narcotics.

People that don't know of the properties we give them, will automatically make their own assumptions to fill in the blanks. This isn't wrong of them to do, but causes frustrating inconsistencies.

Therefore, we /need/ to RP new, not physically existent crops and substances instead of these ones.

We could however, incorporate IG plants within the creation process.

To replace "toppers", we could give them the traditional gel capsule form, possibly small and purple

Toppers, Deep Purple, Double T

[​IMG]

(Drew up an interpretation of the pills, woo hoo)

They can be created through distilling toxic tops, harvesting and concentrating the acid itself, while throwing in some additional stimulants (such as Amphetamine). The process is simple and primitive, making it easy to mass produce with the right equipment.

Effects

• Provides sporadic surges of increased adrenaline production
    • Makes colours more vivid and bright, almost psychedelic
    • Distorts and heightens auditory senses. A high dosage may cause others to sound hostile and aggressive.
    • Generally clouds judgement and thought, "curing" worries and emotional distress.

• Effects last for 10 minutes, once worn off the user will feel immediately drowsy, normally accompanied by migraines.
    • Continued usage may cause stomach ulcers, paranoia, insomnia, and muscle fatigue.
    • The stimulant will quickly become addictive, often after several doses.

Withdrawal Symptoms

• Aggression
    • Muscle spasms
    • Minor blindness / Clouded vision
    • Migraines
    • Cotton mouth

These are just some rando-ass info changes, totally a suggestion. Add or remove anything you wish, though I really think we gotta move away from already established IG items to avoid confusion and inconsistency

#4 Aiko Ikari, May 27, 2014
    Last edited: May 27, 2014
  5. Diddums

Diddums That Loveable Lad

The
    They're pills? I was going round acting as if they were dried up tiny buds or mushroom heads. A bit like shrooms.

6. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

No, they aren't at the moment. I'm suggesting they be given a pill form instead, because just using straight up toxic tops, again, is going to get confusing. Making up our own substance gives us flexibility.

HOWEVER, though they haven't been around long and it doesn't affect too many people, it might be strange to just void them being those little fruits from the beginning. So, if we go down this road, we could assume this process is new, more professional, makes the product look cleaner and more trustworthy ;)

#6 Aiko Ikari, May 27, 2014
    Last edited: May 27, 2014
  7. JimHarrison

That sounds pretty legit, Abbey. Thanks for that!

8. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

Just a consideration -- try not to make all Toxic Tops seen on server as narcotics. I have a character who has been growing them in plantations for use in synthesizing poisons. I've also been growing Reef Pod for commercially available Saltsalad, haha. As such I'd really like if you did move to new crops or synthesised items, as Abbey suggested.

9. JimHarrison

10. Sen

Sen Guest

White King Ultra Strength Bleach (Lemon flavor)
    Intense lemon and chlorine aromas that are carried through to a fresh lively palate and complemented by rich tropical fiery flavours, finishing crisp and clean. Nutritious and addictive. Comes in 2.5 litre bottles of pure concentrated bliss. Highly recommended for female Florans.
    [​IMG]

11. Ricardo

Ricardo ERP Champ 2016

(([​IMG] ))

12. Spinach Pirate

Spinach Pirate The Adorable Spinach

(( :C ))

13. JimHarrison

bump for folks who just got the drug

14. Tacoburger

Tacoburger professional taco burger