1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Unauthorized Mod Usage

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Hawke, May 25, 2014.

1. Hawke

Hawke ACK!

USE OF UNAUTHORIZED MODS CRASHES THE SERVER AND GETS YOU BANNED.

A reminder, the only mods allowed on the server are Fully Customizable Ship, ILikeCheating, and a few case-by-case cosmetic mods explicitly approved by staff. Use of any other mod is prohibited and is known to contribute to server instability and planet wipes.

We are currently investigating the usage of the following mods:

Error: Could not instantiate item '[lightdronev1, 1, {}]'. ItemException: No such item 'lightdronev1'
    Error: Could not instantiate item '[cheatmatter, 1, {}]'. ItemException: No such item 'cheatmatter'
    Error: Could not instantiate item '[weaponarmortable, 32, {}]'. ItemException: No such item 'weaponarmortable'
    Error: Could not instantiate item '[stringray, 1, {}]'. ItemException: No such item 'stringray'
    Error: Could not instantiate item '[bandoneon, 1, {}]'. ItemException: No such item 'bandoneon'
    Error: Could not instantiate item '[craftWingTemplate, 1, {}]'. ItemException: No such item 'craftWingTemplate'
    Error: Could not instantiate item '[avalitier4minigun, 1, ...
    Error: Could not instantiate item '[avalitoken, 1, {}]'. ItemException: No such item 'avalitoken'
    Error: Could not instantiate item '[corrupt-ashbringer, 1,
    Error: Could not load /tech/mech/xsm_thetamech/xsm_thetamech.tech asset, attempting to use default.
    Error: Could not load /tech/mech/xsm_roninrhomech/xsm_roninrhomech.tech asset, attempting to use default.
    Error: Could not load /tech/morphball v1/morphball1.tech asset, attempting to use default.
    Error: Could not instantiate item '[dacitematerial, 230,...
    Error: Could not instantiate item '[andesitematerial, 60, {}]'...
    Error: Could not instantiate item '[gneissmaterial, 3, {}]'. ...

This works in one of two ways:

OPTION 1: PLAUSIBLE DENIABILITY
    You uninstall the mod before I find you.

OPTION 2: LIAM NEESON
    [​IMG]

#1 Hawke, May 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2014
  2. Epitaxis

Epitaxis Bathmophobic

[​IMG]

3. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

Seriously?! People are using the XSM Mechs? I mean, I know they are badass and all, but really people? They are so obviously custom that it hurts! 0_0

4. Pixel

Pixel Captain Amurica

[​IMG]

5. Bloodrazer

Bloodrazer Son of Rakkis

Option 3: YOU SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM
    [​IMG]

6. Shalken

Shalken New Member

I see a bit of the Avali mod too...come on peeps, custom races don't work servers dangit!

7. Animator

Animator New Member

8. Swartz

Swartz Sad Birdy Man

So, I'm using a mod that essentially prevents the healing-gas-insta-crash bombs from being instacrash. Is this acceptable? Or should I uninstall that?

9. Hawke

Hawke ACK!

That specific mod is okay.

10. Terallis

Okay, so after a short amount of looking, I can say for almost certain what mods each line are referring too. As a better way of showing people what mods are BAD in this manner in hopes of them uninstalling said mods, I will list them here.
    REMEMBER THAT BY USING THESE MODS, YOU WILL BE BANNED. UNINSTALL THEM NOW IF YOU HAVE THEM.

This is a mod called "Light Drones". It can be found here for more information.

This line actually covers any mod that uses the Super Matter Manipulator. That includes "Creative Mode". I won't place a link as it really isn't any mod in particular. Many mods have the Super Matter Manipulator in it.

These two lines are actually two separate mods made by the same developer. The top line is the "WaveDiver Stringray" mod. The bottom line is the "WaveDiver Bandonean" mod.

This line appears to be due to the "Extra Wings Mod".

These two lines are both associated with the "Avali Race Mod".

This is from the "Warcraft Weapon Mod".

These two lines are the "XS Corporation Mechs" mod."

These three lines all appear to be from the "Frackin Flora" mod.

These two lines remain unknown to me, but they are likely something to do with asset changing.

So, in case no one saw the big red text up there, I'll reiterate.

ANYONE CAUGHT USING THESE MODS WILL BE BANNED. END OF STORY.

11. Sen

Sen Guest

weaponarmortable I think is Spawnable Item Pack

12. Narfball

Narfball narfball

None of these mods presented appear to be something I've got running actively. Gonna check around though to make sure.

13. CouchPotato360

CouchPotato360 Last Man Standing

14. Terallis

That mod is entirely client-side and is fine. It just makes it easier to adjust zoom levels for those who don't want to go into the configuration file and do it manually. Haha.

15. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

The newest version without the armortable and no custom assets is fine though, correct?

16. Terallis

After looking at the mod page for Spawnable Item Pack, they still carry custom assets unfortunately (the liquid guns use custom assets for the guns themselves). It would be preferable for people to use Sen's "ILikeCheating" mod instead. It gives you access to the same stuff without introducting custom assets of any form.

17. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Any mod with custom assets in it is prohibited. All client side mods are fine. If you don't know whether or not a mod is client-side or not, ask yourself this: "Does this mod affect gameplay or mechanics?" if your answer is yes, then it's likely prohibited. If you are unsure, ask a staff member.

Note that staff has the right to reject the use of any mod at any time.

18. Izzida

Izzida New Member

I know I asked before but just to double check. Dye mod when used in single player for dying clothes and such, then removed from mod folder before logging onto the server is acceptable. Correct? Doesn't seem to be one of the ones up there, but yeah. Juuust going to double check that.

19. Hawke

Hawke ACK!

We'd really prefer you use SBSE for that. Many people who use the dye mod still forget to remove it, and dye errors are quite common.