1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

A need of help and guidance.

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Lakitu, May 21, 2014.

1. Lakitu

Lakitu New Member

-Voice recording start-
    Uh... Excuse me, fellow... uh... peoples of the universe...
    Um... I am an avian who has just... uh... left my home planet... first time out in the stars... And I am... ah, hoping to set up a farm where I c-can start my own l-living and s-start my research on local pollinators... A-admittedly... I am v-very nervous... a-and only a farm boy... I don't h-have any justification for interstellar travel... b-but...

I w-want to know... um... where would a g-good place be to uh... start? I k-know some basics of building, a-and I've been farming since I c-could remember... I don't r-really uh... know the law of s-space, or anything... S-sorry if I'm a bother.

Uh... S-signing off... Korvid.

2. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Farming sounds like a New Hopewell kind of place.
    Maybe Opportunity?

As for a place to call shelter, theres always Tetanus Fields. Better than nothing and safe from the USCM or other military forces. Though can be a bit empty at times. Could also have me look at your ship, while there. Show you how to use it properly without damaging it and how to use to max potential.

- Crowliss

3. Lakitu

Lakitu New Member

I'm sorry, b-but I'm not following much of what you're saying...?

What's New Hopewell and Opportunity? I certainly am looking for opportunities....
    What's the USCM? Are they bad?
    I-I guess I'll try to go to this Tetanus Fields... I do hope that the age old disease isn't prevalent like the name suggests...
    -Korvid

4. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Colonies.

The USCM is unfavored by most Non-Humans.

Don't lick anything and watch your footing and you'll be fine.
    - Crowliss

5. Lakitu

Lakitu New Member

Oh okay. I guess I will have to watch for them, I guess.

Are they against the Stargazers?

Right, won't do that. Okay.

6. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

[[Samuel JR Jackson]]

So are you a farmer or a researcher?

7. Mystyice

Mystyice New Member

Heya! Welcome to civilization! I recommend living on one of the more popular places, but have a seperate place for all your plants. That's what I do.

Tetanus Fields is a bit rough and dirty, right now they're not in too good of a shape. Rebuilding, you know?
    Opportunity and Honeydew Prior are rural places, not very bustling right now but good for farms.
    Taranis is a real popular place, it's half Glitch and half Floran.
    Marathon is a military thing, not fun.
    Stark is a metropolis kinda thing, it's where I live! Kinda empty for some reason, but it has a bar and everything,
    That's all I know about the colonies. Follow your gut!

Oh, and you could maybe work with me on my farm. I'll pay you! ((RP work, but I can give ya voxels still))