1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

PC4U -- Power Cells

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Silver, May 21, 2014.

1. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

[[Damocles, Voice Only]]

Good day, everybody! This is a long-standing offer brought to you by Thermal Dynamics.

Do you still run your ship, house, and appliances on bituminous coal? Is your city covered in a blanket of perpetual smog? Are you in the market for a back-up power source in case of emergency for long trips into the stars?

Well, look no further! Thermal Dynamics is pleased to announce the availability of our PC4U. That's right, our Power Cells for You are multi-socketed, auto-voltage, and safe for your electrical usage. Also, an expended PC4U doesn't have to be rubbish: with our PC4U Exchange Program, you can trade in a depleted PC4U for a discount on a fully charged PC4U!

So, whether you've got problems with generating electricity or you just want to head towards a future of clean power, we've got the PC4U you're looking for.

If interested, please contact me, Dr. Damocles Jr., of Thermal Dynamics. And thank you for your time.

----PC4U Data Sheet (Standard Unit)----
    The PC4U is a mega-battery which uses the latest in quantum chemistry to store electricity safely and efficiently.

Capacity (MWh): 150
    Storage Medium: Electrochemical
    Average Household Usage (MWh): 27/year
    Average Supercomputer Usage (MWh): 12/hour
    Auto-Voltage for Household Use
    Dimensions: 914mm (W) x 2134mm (H) x 610mm (D)

Price for New Unit: 12,500 pixels
    Price with Expended Unit Trade-In Discount (of 25%): 9,400 pixels
    Delivery and Pick-up free of charge.

((OOC Note: Price achieved by calculating cost of fossil fuel/nuclear electrical production at 95pixels per MWh and scaling it down to be only 85% of that cost.))

#1 Silver, May 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2014
  2. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-Albina-
    How much power can it store? What is max and min voltage? Size? How much sockets, exactly? Clean power, what kind of clean? Is it nuclear?
    This needs more information.

3. Silver

[[Damocles]]

If you would kindly refer to the handy-dandy datasheet, you'll see that the PC4U delivers electrical current through an electrochemical process utilising quinone molecules, the same molecules which store energy in our body! When depleted, the redeemed PC4U units are refurbished and recharged through a proprietary process, but rest assured -- Thermal Dynamics processes are all powered by geothermal forces and guaranteed to, even on our end, not utilise "dirty" fuels which pollute our galaxy!

The standard size for a PC4U is slightly larger than your average refridgerator. Equipped in a modest home, its operational lifespan can be projected in years. The default PC4U is also mounted with an auto-volt convertor designed to accomodate a host of household appliances, including central or window-type air conditioning or heating.

If your needs are industrial, might I suggest the custom care package? With personal one-on-one attention and specific estimates based on specific need variables, Thermal Dynamics will find the right Power Cell for you!

#3 Silver, May 21, 2014
  4. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-Albina-
    You can pollute the galaxy? Unlikely.
    You can pollute planets, but you can't pollute a solar system, or a galaxy.

#4 Iridium616, May 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2014
  5. Silver

[[JR, not Damocles -- Voice Only Protocol Initiated]]

Hey. Lady. Are you even buying or are you going to nitpick at every tiny unrelated detail like a gronad? Want a kartaaking semantics lesson? Fine.

Look up the term "synecdoche." It's a figure of kartaaking speech in which a whole is used to refer to its parts. Need an example to make that clearer? It's like saying "Oh no, the authorities are here," when you in fact only have one stupid nimrod soldier in sight.

Now stop pretending to be smart because it just highlights how you are a shazzbat with the IQ of a house plant. Buy something or get out.

6. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-Albina-
    Look, I can't buy something when they didn't even say how much the standard size costs.

7. Silver

[[Damocles]]

That should also be on the datasheet, but I understand if it's difficult to find. We'll work on a reprint right away!

A standard model PC4U costs 12,500 pixels. Delivery and pick-up of expended units are free of charge, of course.

((OOC Note: Price achieved by calculating cost of fossil/nuclear fuel production at 95pixels per MWh and scaling it down to be only 85% of that cost.))

#7 Silver, May 21, 2014
  8. Silver

[[JR, not Damocles, Voiceover and Info Graphic]]

Okay chummers, listen up. Here's the revised data sheet. Don't be gronads about it.

----PC4U Data Sheet (Standard Unit)----
    The PC4U is a mega-battery which uses the latest in quantum chemistry to store electricity safely and efficiently.

Capacity (MWh): 150
    Storage Medium: Electrochemical
    Average Household Usage (MWh): 27/year
    Average Supercomputer Usage (MWh): 12/hour
    Auto-Voltage for Household Use
    Dimensions: 914mm (W) x 2134mm (H) x 610mm (D)

Price for New Unit: 12,500 pixels
    Price with Expended Unit Trade-In Discount (of 25%): 9,400 pixels
    Delivery and Pick-up free of charge.

#8 Silver, May 23, 2014
  9. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-Albina-
    It's pretty big, actually. I'd like to meet with you to polish some details, I may be interested.

10. Silver

[[Damocles]]

Certainly! Where would you like to meet? I hear there is a new resort planet open. Waterosa, was it? Sounds swimming!

11. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-Albina-
    I havn't heard of it. If you would give me some information, we could meet there.

12. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-Pulsar-
    Would you meet with me, please?

13. Silver

[[Damocles]]

Hey, good day to you. Who might you be, and how may I help you?

14. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-Pulsar-
    I'd like to meet with you.

15. Silver

[[Damocles]]

Would you be willing brief me here? I'm running a few diagnostic tests on a delicate process at the moment, and it would save us both a bit of time if you let me in a little on what to expect. But don't worry! I'm still willing to meet you... just want to know what to prepare and bring!

16. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-Pulsar-
    Nothing at all. It's about Waterosa. Unrelated.

17. Silver

[[Damocles]]

In that case, you should really speak to the people of Waterosa. There's really not much I could tell you about it... and Science waits for no one!

18. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-Pulsar-
    Well, can you tell me who owns it, please?

19. Silver

[[Damocles]]

Oh. I actually have no idea. Try asking on StarNet General; they might know.