1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Upcoming Public Event

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Tacoburger, May 7, 2014.

1. Tacoburger

Tacoburger professional taco burger

Crrently, while we set up and prepare our people for this event, I'd like to explain it to everyone who is out there and might attend it.

Now:
    This event will be completely random, no set time will be displayed currently and when it does happen, a broadcast will be ICly posted here to alert everyone that it is happening. (A forewarning, the event will more than likely be very short or an hour long, and will further advance the storyline of our people.)

Anyone who does attend will be subject to possible death and/or capture (You agree to this by coming). BUT! That does not mean your character will die(A PK, if you will), and because of this, we hope for people to of course accept death, because we will be dying readily as well for the event.

Because of the random nature of the event planning, we can only hope it is on a Friday or Saturday evening (Around 4:00 PM EST), or whenever we can gather the appropriate people to do so. (NOTICE: We're only gathering our kind, which I will now add are the Desert Floran Clan). Because of this, anyone who attends will more than likely be random because of the way this event is planned out. You are not required to come if you do sign up, whether it is for reasons personal or otherwise.

The Event itself:

A local Beta-Sector base has recently been subject to raids on their cargo fleets. They do not know why, or by whom, but they are certainly concerned. The base itself is of a merchant based faction that is not well known to the Alpha Sector's inhabitants and is very focused on production and the research of new ways to produce more wealth to obtain supreme Beta-Sector trade. Unfortunately, political instability has been plaguing the people and faction and now their entire system is on the verge of collapsing. What couldn't be any worse is that soon their research facility located in the Beta-Sector will be utterly destroyed and murdered.

The attackers, known only to those who were on the scene of previous ship raids, are from the clan of 'Desert-Florans', which have amassed a massive raiding party to move onto the research facility and take all of the technology they can for their own abuse. They have no need of the inhabitants, but they will gladly murder them for the sake of hunting. These poor people will not know what hit them as the might of the Floran's newest space-worthy ship rains literal hell upon the people. No one will be expecting this.

GOALS:

This may seem fairly mundane and boring to some, but it is for a purpose. An IC means of obtaining technology for our people, to advance, unlike some factions who happen to suddenly come across massed amounts of wealth and weaponry that literal outmatches everyone else's.

Not only is that the case, but it's also so this isn't easy to do. The sole reason being so it is actually worth the role-play behind obtaining the weapons we have to date, and other such things.

OBJECTIVES:

-The Florans will be attempting to acquire food, technology, and weapons. The mercenaries/random folk who attend must stop them from doing so to keep them at bay and not allow them to progress in their task.

-The ones who are stopping the Florans must also rescue any people trapped by the Florans.

RULES:
    1. No power gaming please. This may seem like an obvious rule, but we want everyone to have fun and to be equal. Of course, the ones who attend to defeat the Florans will obviously have the advantage via weapons, the Florans will have a huge amount of soldiers to fend them off.
    2. Have fun. Don't come to the event if you either:
    A. Intend to win no matter what, and (AKA) will not die by thousands (not just a few) of bullets/arrows/sword strikes because of your impervium super suit, or will dodge every thing shot at you, because we will obviously be dying as well and taking plenty of hits.
    B. Intend to ruin it for those who do want to have fun.

The time of the event is T.B.A. and will be posted in the thread when it does happen. A forewarning. If you REALLY want to come, keep an eye over the weekend for the 'DISTRESS SIGNAL'. It will be posted here.

((also a minor note, if you want to join the Desert-Clan you may, just talk to Killer-Moth, he can set you up. Only join if you feel like you'll be active in it.))

#1 Tacoburger, May 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2014
  2. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE Notorious B.A.D.

Sounds pretty fun but "If you don't want to kill off your character you are automatically a godmodder so go away" turns me off.

3. Tacoburger

Never said you had to kill them off, you can die or not, it's up to you. We prefer you don't dodge every hit and take one without a single reaction.
    Nor did I imply people who didn't want to kill off your character is a godmodder.

4. Sen

Sen Guest

You mean Killer-Moth, not Illusive-Moth, yes?

5. Tacoburger

yes of course, my bad.

6. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

This sort of wording just implies "Your character may not die, but if they get into a situation where they realistically would die they will die," along with the fact that in most situations where people are prepared to kill off their characters, they aren't comfortable playing w/ people who aren't planning on the same possibly happening to them.

7. Tacoburger

We fully heartily accept the fact we will die, seeing we are ill-armored. We do not want people to die because we tell them to, but because they chose to do so by attending this event. Like you said, in reality, would you survive overwhelming forces and kill them all instead? All will be based on the fact if you come or not. Also, LIKE I SAID, if you choose to come you are subject to possibly dying, but that does not mean a permakill, you can even come as a throw away character like we are.

EDIT: What I mean by throw-away characters, I suggest not bringing your main characters if you do come, but I'm not enforcing that, because we will also be using 'event' characters to do this. So no one has their entire storyline ruined by one thing happening to their character in a botched rescue attempt/battle.

8. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

But if you say "If you come to this event, you are choosing to die" then you're basically telling them to. Also, there are outcomes where a character can live other than "Oh, they just killed all the enemies before they got killed"

9. Tacoburger

Then if you choose to INJURY RP, then do so. We will not force death upon you, unless you actually agree to it. The whole point of the small sentence was that if you intend to come, please be realistic.

10. Venom

Venom New Member

..Huh?

11. Tacoburger

What I mean by that is if you were surrounded and being shot at from all sides, would you survive and somehow manage to kill the attackers? (There is a small possibility, but the event is meant for realistic odds) By this, I mean, this event will be based around realism. I'm sure you remember the jungle tribe/desert tribe war. The USCM easily destroyed the desert Floran tribes because they are were strong and well advanced and had the advantage. The Florans were simply large in number, not tactically inclined.

12. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

Depending on when this is (if it's before the cut-off date) I wouldn't mind recording a little bit for the trailer.

13. Tacoburger

preferred this weekend, sure you can record, that is when we hope to do this.

14. Pixel

Pixel Captain Amurica

Are there any chances that the mercenaries/opposing side to the desert side will come out victorious? I personally don't like one sided events. Also, is this considered a USCM event? I remember the desert tribe being in a previous event hosted by the USCM faction. If that is the case, then I won't be attending.

15. Venom

Venom New Member

It is not a USCM event.

16. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Depending on how many people attend, and hour seems like a pipe dream if any combat will be roleplayed out.

17. Tacoburger

Always room to extend the event out longer, and please god, no USCM, they enjoy scripting their events. this one is not scripted and is always opens to any team winning, that is the whole point.

18. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

I believe that's just Tacc's way of running events. Some of the USCM players might be game for it, and being that it's ultimately your groups event, you can just slap anyone on the wrist if they pull off something derptastical.

19. Tacoburger

of course, being derptastical is in human nature
    I mean no offense to the USCM's events though. they all serve some form or purpose to them somehow (no matter how much rp did not happen in the last one)

20. Tacoburger

We will be ATTEMPTING once more on Friday 5/16/14, 4:00 PM EST
    be ready to see a post concerning the coordinate reveal.