1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Radio LQQQ

Discussion in 'Archives' started by OptionalFingers, May 3, 2014.

1. OptionalFingers

OptionalFingers New Member

*This radio broadcast can be tuned into near most civilized planets. A female voice calmly talks with a monotone voice.*

...17 31 92 *BEEP* 52 81 50 *BEEP* 24 49 71 *BEEP* 95 18 94 *BEEP* 62 92 26 *BEEP* 28 73 29 *BEEP* 59 36 21 *BEEP* 19 73 62 *BEEP* 18 20 84 *BEEP* 12 68 10 *BEEP* 74 92 75 *BEEP* 94 27 63...

*The same voice keeps saying these seemingly random numbers, 24/7, seven days a week.*

2. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-Albina-
    Interesting... Maybe some message on Hex? Nah, that does not make sense. Co-ordinates? I dobut.
    It's interesting.
    Or maybe someone's pranking chuckling thinking "Look at those curious idiots"

Whatever, I don't have time to investigate random radio signals.

3. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

((Moved to Other Roleplay. StarNet General is a forum. Radio broadcasts don't work on there. :) ))

4. OptionalFingers

(( Alright, thanks for the heads-up ))

5. OptionalFingers

* After a long time, a sudden change appears in Radio LQQQ. *

...38 19 34 *BEEP* 92 10 45 *BEEP* 92 19 47 *BEEP* 18 52 75 *BEEP* 26 47 11 *BEEP* 38 38... 38... I... I-

* As the calm, monotone voice starts to sound a bit scared, the radio signal is cut off. *

6. Mystyice

Mystyice New Member

Mysmarri mumbles, and is just about to shut off her radio when the signal is cut off.
    "Huh?" She says, looking at the radio. "This is kinda worrying."
    She presses a few buttons and turns a few dials, and begins transmitting a radio signal across the same channel.

"Hi, are you okay? What happened? Why are you repeating numbers?"

7. techno_spider

techno_spider New Member

Is that a song? I think its a song.
    - Counterpoint

8. Kai

Kai hey im kai and this is jackass

Gale paused during his daily affairs as the station's frequency caught his attention while browsing for a decent pirate frequency to listen to.
    He was well aware of the existence of number stations, and has heard a many few, but the particular change from the monotone numbers to actual speaking caught him unaware.

He turned up his volume, and listened intently to this frequency.

He hears Mysmarri's comment, and replied tactly. His voice was deep and clear.

"I think it's a numbers station. Worked on a few of them back in the days. This one's... different, though."

9. Mystyice

Mystyice New Member

"Oh, hey, are - wait no you're another person. What do number stations do?"

10. OptionalFingers

*Eventually, the radio signal comes back. Its formula has changed a bit though. The female voice sounds like a mixture of excitement, uncertainty, and nervousness.*

... A beautiful speech about the essence of life, and why we must treasure it! Or no... A long walk on a stunning beach. That would be nice... The sound of a young bird, leaving its nest for the first time! Just anything... Anything but those numbers. Anything but those horrible, horrible numbers!...

*This -what appears to be an inner dialogue- continues on and on.*

11. Mystyice

Mystyice New Member

Mysmarri jumps a bit as the voice comes back on.
    "Hey! How come you were repeating numbers if you didn't want to? And are you alright?"

12. Kai

"An automated voice that usually sends a string of numbers for certain rea--"
    He paused as the broadcast abruptly returned. He waited for her speech to pause before continuing.
    "...They're not supposed to be sentient."

13. Mystyice

Mystyice New Member

Mysmarri is silent for a few seconds.
    "Oh. Well."
    More silence.
    "How'd she become sentient?"

14. Kai

"Could be an AI gaining sentience. I know that happens. I guess we'll just have to listen."

15. Koshi

Koshi New Member

Nazomi, hearing the conversation on the radio decides to tune in as well. "U-Uhm, why is an AI becoming sentient a bad thing?"

16. OptionalFingers

*The formula of this station has been changing quite a bit lately. Right now, the woman seems to be singing. She isn't very good at it; she's a rather average singer.*

...But I still wake up, I still see your ghost. Oh, Lord, I'm still not sure what I stand for oh. What do I stand for? What do I stand for? Most nights I don't know anymore...

*She continues to sing this song, and sometimes changes a few of the lyrics, as if she doesn't quite know them. After this song, she starts singing a different song, and after that one another, and another. For the coming days, all she does is sing these songs.*

17. Mystyice

Mystyice New Member

Mysmarri has been keeping her spare radio on this channel constantly for the last couple of days.
    "You know, I quite like this AI. She's nice. Hold on... Psst, er, lady number station, can you hear me?"

18. Kai

"The AI could be malicious for one thing. But we'll have to see."
    The man seemed to have broken off from speaking on this frequency after replying to the newcomer.

19. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

A slightly robotic female voice, Faversae's voice for those that know her, would reply over the radio.
    "Look at this, another AI. Useful."

20. Koshi

Koshi New Member

The blue-haired female replied once more. "I see. She doesn't seem so malicious to me.." A pause. "What are you planning to do if she is?"