1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The Grackle Crew & the R.A V.S The Cult of the Forgotten

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by OminousMushroom, May 1, 2014.

1. OminousMushroom

OminousMushroom New Member

So for those of you that have been unaware, I have recently been leading a storyline with member Branden Swartz involving a cult related to tentacle planets and the sacrificing of innocent men and women. This storyline is nearing its end, and for the final event coming up next week I believe that we might need volunteers to play as cultists for the cult to be pitted against the R.A and the Grackle crew. I'll start off by giving a brief summary of the cult.

The Cult of the Forgotten

The Cult of the Forgotten is a highly religious organization based on the worship of the 'Forgotten,' who are gods that judge entire planets based on their population and their population's mentality. The Cult believes that the Forgotten watch every single individual and recount their sins, and for each world there is a 'limit' to how many sins can be committed before the gods decide to destroy the 'tainted' planet with tentacles, which are considered the Forgotten's offspring.

The Cult is led by their religious prophet / leader, who is known as 'The Klhu’rak", whom creates the agenda for the cultists to follow and manages the organization's spread and influence.

The point of the cult is to sacrifice those who have 'sinned' against the Gods or those who have interfered with the Cultist's plans. Anyone who is not a part of the cult is considered a sinner, and anyone who has excommunicated themselves from the cult and survived are also considered sinners. They believe that anyone who neglects the Forgotten are heretics, and must be purged.

The typical ranking is as follows :

Recruit > Grunt > Overseer > Captain > Leader (Klhu’rak)

What the Cult Has Done
    Recently, the Cult has been making a name for themselves by causing trouble in the Alpha Sector of the galaxy, attracting the attention of the Grackle Crew, led by Branden Swartz (Gray). As the conflict dragged on, however, The Relzurautt Armada became involved after hearing numerous reports from the Grackle Crew. Now, the Grackle Crew and the Relzurautt Armada are preparing themselves for a final strike at the cult's brain - the Klhu'rak.

What is Needed

What we need for the event is people to play the role of a Recruit or Grunt or Overseer of the Cult to engage in combat with the encroaching armies. These cultist characters should be newly made characters, and if need be, cultist armor and guns can be supplied to those who volunteer for these roles. HOWEVER. There is a 99% chance that this character may end up dying within combat. Do not be prepared to keep these characters, as they are mainly for use in this one storyline.
    If you are interested in playing in these roles, please respond to this thread, PM me on the forums, or contact me through the TeamSpeak so that I can tell you what to do for your desired role, how you should play them, and what limits there are to these combatants.

This event is likely going to happen some time next weekend, so if you are unsure about whether or not you will be able to make it, please make careful consideration before reserving a spot for the cultist's side.

2. Pixel

Pixel Captain Amurica

The actual death chance may vary. It's a matter of the decisions that your character makes throughout the scene. These decisions, would greatly factor into the conclusion of the overall event and the life of your character.

For example, in the Operation Amphibious event, Redcrest escapes with a few mercenaries. These mercenaries were smart to protect Redcrest as an excuse to stay aboard the shuttle rather than fighting themselves. Decisions like these will ultimately, affect whether the character dies or not. But as said in the OP, don't expect your character to 100% live.

tldr: No script. Roleplay.

3. OminousMushroom

OminousMushroom New Member

This is mostly true. It all depends on whether or not the person can roleplay a reasonable escape route. I suppose they can keep the character alive if they wanted to, but I'd like to see something thoughtful in the lines of making sure they live through the battle safe-and-sound.