1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

I have a mystery

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Donovennn, May 1, 2014.

1. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

*A message turns on. It shows a young Floran male(?) who looks visibly shaken.*

Hello, this is Angel. I've been wandering around lately, and I found something interesting. When I traveled to the desert planet next to Taranis, I noticed there was an abandoned construction site. Intrigued, I wandered around and found that it was composed of three abandoned buildings. To find answers, I traveled around the world. The whole trip was about two days. I discovered several Apex labs, all abandoned. I didn't know the MiniKnog operated here.
    I also found a Glitch village about a day's journey from the site. All the villagers seemed on edge, and wouldn't say much. I traveled onward. several hours later, I encountered another Glitch village, only this one was abandoned, like the Apex labs. There were no bodies. I started to worry. Then, as I was about three quarters done with my journey, I encountered this lab. (Image)
    View attachment 1276
    As you can see, it is in a state of disrepair, and the writing on the wall suggests that they were abandoned here. More disturbing is the broken experiment tank. To break out of it would require incredible strength.
    From the evidence that I have gathered, I suspect that whatever the MiniKnog was working on got loose and started killing the researchers, and the Ministry abandoned their people to die. The creature then went on a rampage, destroying several more labs and annihilating a Glitch village. I also think it is responsible for the abandoned construction site.

I'll be honest. I'm scared. What the hell could the MiniKnog be working on that could depopulate nearly an entire planet? And the surviving Glitch village is still down there, trapped with that... thing.

I ask that someone please go down there and either evacuate or fortify the village.
    The galaxy needs to know what happened here.

Attached Files:

#1 Donovennn, May 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2014
  2. CadeDaBeast

CadeDaBeast New Member

Interesting.... May I swing by and have a look at the civilizations here? I'm a xenoarcheologist, and this is a perfect opportunity.
    -Dr. John Marshall

3. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

"It's also very possible that something else smashed the pod from the outside. Just because it requires super strength to break, doesn't mean it's unbreakable, after all. Which honestly points more towards the fact that it was broken from the outside. It may not even have had anything living inside of it. Those sorts of pods house all sorts of things, usually. As for the abandoned mine nearby, it's very possible that it was already abandoned long before. Maybe the people that were once there are even the cause of what happened at the small lab."

-Aedan

4. CadeDaBeast

CadeDaBeast New Member

"Despite this, it still intrigues me. I should like to travel here and investigate this. This can be a perfect topic for my research."
    -Dr. John Marshall

5. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

(Angel)

That's what I thought, but the surviving Glitch made me think otherwise. Nearly every civilian acted nervous around me, saying things like, "I hope you don't mean any harm." and suchlike. In addition, several houses were abandoned. I doubt they would desert their fellow villagers unless
    A. They were in fact killed, or
    B. Whatever they saw scared them so much they couldn't stay on the planet.

6. CadeDaBeast

CadeDaBeast New Member

((Are you on now?))

7. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

((Angel))
    If you're asking me, Dr. Marshall, then yes.
    do you need anything?

8. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

"They could also very well be frightened by anyone outside of their village or colony. It's not surprising given how dangerous the galaxy is, and how much bad stuff has gone on. Especially as of late. Slavery, banditry, murder, torture, etc."

-Aedan

9. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

(Angel)

I want to believe you, I really do.
    I would love to think this was bandits or something trivial.
    but I know how the Miniknog operates.
    back when I was with the PMCs, I raided several Apex labs.
    I even went inside a test chamber. once.
    I didn't go back after that.
    Maybe you're right. I might just be paranoid. but I can shake the feeling that there's something going on here.

10. OptionalFingers

OptionalFingers New Member

11. CadeDaBeast

CadeDaBeast New Member

I shall come here and investigate. This looks absolutely fascinating.
    -Dr. John Marshall

12. Mystyice

Mystyice New Member

What do those papers say?

-Mysmarri

13. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

I did not stay around for long. I'm not one to risk my life for some papers. If you do want to know more, howver, I recommend that you talk to a Dr. John Marshall. He's been doing some research on the matter and seems close to finding something.

14. Mystyice

Mystyice New Member

Oh, alright, then.

-Mysmarri

((Out of character note: If you see double parentheses, dashes, or brackets around text, it means that it's out of character.
    So Cade was speaking OOC before! Just wanted you to know, it's something essential to know when roleplaying.))

15. CadeDaBeast

CadeDaBeast New Member

If you would like to know, just contact me at some point. I have started some extensive research into the subject.
    -Dr. John Marshall