1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Hellow

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by daemonCaptrix, Apr 29, 2014.

1. daemonCaptrix

daemonCaptrix New Member

New person here. I only applied yesterday, so not approved yet. While I wait, I wanted to know if you have to start a fresh save, or if you can bring a character/custom ship over from single player.

Another thing. I've played on RP servers for creative open world games before (like Minecraft), and it's always a good idea to join with a faction to reduce the chances of horrible random theft and griefing. Does anyone have any recommendations?

2. Pixel

Pixel Captain Amurica

First off, welcome to the community!
    Bringing old characters from singleplayer into the server is completely acceptable as long as you don't bring illegal mods in. The only apparent mods allowed in the server are the FCS mods and Sen's vanilla friendly mod. You'll have to talk things through with a moderator or administrator for anything else. I don't see the custom ship working out unless you built it from scratch using the FCS mod?

Random theft and griefing is a rare occurrence here but it does happen occasionally. You're free to join one of the existing colonies or factions listed in the forums though. Here's a link.
    Factions!: http://community.playstarboundrp.com/categories/factions.27/
    Colonies!: http://community.playstarboundrp.com/categories/colonies.6/
    Mod!: http://community.playstarbound.com/...mpatible-building-aid-and-item-spawner.77051/

Enjoy your stay!

#2 Pixel, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2014
  3. Xasther

Xasther New Member

*Insert waving GIF here*

4. daemonCaptrix

daemonCaptrix New Member

Oh the FCS mod is what I was talking about when I said "custom ship". I noticed there's a whole thread full of people's awesome custom ship designs.

5. SirFruitcakes

SirFruitcakes New Member

What Pixel said!

Also, before you start out, check this guide out to get an idea of what you're in for, and being stolen from on Starbound is alot less game-ending than being stolen from on Minecraft.

And you generally won't have any gameplay issues or anyone scrounging for items, so being griefed like in another Starbound server or on Minecraft out of the blue, is sort of out of the question? most i've seen is someone cutting down a tree or taking stuff from a colonies chest... really minor stuff.

The majority of problems here are RP-related, not things like someone stealing stuff, because the majority of people are roleplaying, and those although not as rare, are still very uncommon and handled very quickly.

http://community.playstarboundrp.com/threads/a-newbies-guide-to-playstarboundrp.894/ <=

#5 SirFruitcakes, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2014
  6. daemonCaptrix

daemonCaptrix New Member

I may be mistaken but it looks like if you're stolen from you can just cheat your items back in using that mod?

7. Pixel

Pixel Captain Amurica

Well generally, yes. We like to spend more time roleplaying rather than gathering resources. However, you don't have to spawn items in. It's completely optional and you're free to play at your own pace.

8. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Anyway, welcome to the server if you get accepted. Applications take a few days, and sometimes get buried. Good luck with your acceptance into the server. I recommend reading around and absorbing as much information as you can, an educated player is a good player.

9. daemonCaptrix

daemonCaptrix New Member

Thanks. I always read the directions. xD

10. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

[​IMG]