1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Looking for Fellow Bards and Musicians!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by LaserLlamas, Apr 29, 2014.

1. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

The video flickers a moment, before coming to life. Right away the image appears, the viewer first noticing the woman sitting on a little stool in the middle of the room, she's a Human, Japanese with brown hair. In her arms is an acoustic guitar, and around her is three different keyboards, a kodo, and a nylon guitar. The floor can be seen a bit, as well, along with the walls. There is sheet music scattered all about. The Human squints a moment at the camera, making sure it's on.

"...Well take three, since this recorder is terrible" she starts. "My name is Melanne Roselle, if you couldn't already tell by this mess I call a 'ship', I am a musician, more specifically a bard." She pauses a moment, setting the guitar back down. "After Earth's demise I've wandered the galaxy, performing and playing songs for those would listen. However-" she reaches over to a nearby stand, literally picking a stack of papers off it, turning them towards the camera, "- in my spare time, I have managed to compose multiple pieces of music with roles for multiple instruments. But I don't have multiple apendages, so such a feat is impossible." She rolls her eyes a moment, tossing the stack of papers behind her as they scatter about, until they settle on the floor. "So I have decided to start recruiting those who would be interested in delivering music to the inhabitants of this universe!"

She brightens up a moment. "You could call it a band, but I expect most musicians to drop in and out, joining up to play a good song when the time has come. Any and all instruments are welcome, we can find a place for you, even the smallest role can have such an enormous impact on the song as a whole." She stands off the stool, starting to pick some of the papers back up, half of them aren't even the ones she just tossed. She looks back at the camera, "All you have to do is tell me whether you're interested or not, and make a simple reply to this video. You can even send a message to my inbox if you're more comfortable for that. You're free to join and leave whenever you want, I won't hold you here by choice and make you sign a contract with a devil." A little smirk forms on her face as she thinks about that. She sits back on the stool, crossing her legs.

"Keep in mind, a minimum of eight musicians, including myself, will be needed for the minority of the songs. At the most..." She begins counting her fingers, quickly realizing she doesn't have enough fingers. "...Probably fifteen...sixteen? At most. But it will well be worth it." She smiles back at the camera again. "Hope to see you out in the vast emptiness of space, StarNet!" She has a little clicker in her hand, as she presses the button, the screen goes black, ending the video.

-Melanne Roselle

#1 LaserLlamas, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2014
  2. Mystyice

Mystyice New Member

if is get money can maybe play few songs
    can play piano, harmonica, and guitar
    only if money though

-Featherleaf

3. LaserLlamas

I think I should be able to arrange payment. Plus, you'll get a profit from shows, if any.

I'll contact you with additional information once a few more have been plucked from the vine.

-Melanne Roselle

4. Bunshuu

Bunshuu New Member

Me would be glad to play!

Santiago loves to play guitarra (guitar? english) and me think it nice to
    meet other peoples who enjoy the musics as well! instruments are a be bit dusty, but do the job same.

wonderful idea! me excited alrea-dy!

-Santiago-

5. LaserLlamas

Wonderful! I'll contact you again when we have the minimum!

-Melanne Roselle

6. OmegaMatt

OmegaMatt Last But Not Least

Heeeeyyy!
    I'm not the greatest musician ever but I do love good music! I used to play guitar, some bass, and even a violin once. But I don't have any instruments anymore!

*A link to a video is attached.
    A redhead in her late teens with an electric guitar slung over her shoulder walks onto a dimly lit stage. She bobs her head as she prepares to play. Eventually she shouts a count down and proceeds to wail on the guitar playing a loud, gritty garage rock tune. When she finally begins to sing, her whiny, nasally voice makes clear she really isn't cut out for singing at all.*

That's me! If my jam isn't what you are looking for, I'd still love to hear you play! <3

-Spitfire

7. LaserLlamas

I think I can find a spare guitar similar to your old one lying around. We can fix it up and you'll be ready to play in no time! I'll be sure to contact you!

-Melanne Roselle

8. Crimson Hunter

Crimson Hunter New Member

((Crimson Hunter))

Hello! I am glad to meet a bard.
    People started calling me that when I began playing music a lot.
    I love to play guitars of all kinds and steel drum!
    We should play sometime. Yes.

-C.H.

9. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

-Barbados-

I play acoustic guitar, I can sing pretty well, play drums, violin, ocarina, and piano, preferably Keytar.

10. LaserLlamas

Of course! I'll be sure to contact you!

-Melanne Roselle
    Won't be a problem finding somewhere for you, I'll be sure to contact you.

-Melanne Roselle

11. Aromyl

Aromyl Mad Coder

I haven't had much to do in recent times, and the ability to show off my talent may be nice.
    If you're in need of a musician, please let me know.
    I can offer up my talent, including skills with the ocarina, flute, and multiple forms of piano.
    I look forward to getting to know you.

Keep safe,
    Aromyl Grimfeather.

12. LaserLlamas

Your services would be much welcomed! We'll keep in touch.

-Melanne Roselle

13. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-Anna-
    I play.. sometimes.

14. LaserLlamas

You're welcomed to play with us. Like I said before, anyone is free to drop in and out when they please.

-Melanne Roselle

15. The Big Bad Wolf

The Wolves Den is always looking for new talent. Feel free to stop by with your group anytime.

16. LaserLlamas

Of course! I will visit sometime today, and may be able to bring some of them along with me!

17. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

((Apologies for OOC. Please mark your posts with the character's name/username that is making the post. Thank you. :) ))

18. LaserLlamas

(( No problem, fixed ))

19. Pixel

Pixel Captain Amurica

Witnessing the last performance along with a few soldiers, I can testify that the band is extremely talented. I recommend attending their next concerts to see and hear for yourself.

LT Graveson

20. Narfball

Narfball narfball

(( Misfit! ))

wen of dooti cn pley hendlhd reded orgen ;)