1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Modding items

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ButtonMash, Apr 12, 2014.

1. ButtonMash

ButtonMash New Member

Hello anybody.
    I just tried making a mod; which was essentially a Wiretool, but remodeled to look like an iPhone5.
    I was going for the WatchDogs angle.
    Anyway, I don't know what I did wrong, but now the game crashes whenever the mod is installed. Easy fix, I take it off. But now I don't feel as accomplished.

I guess I have two questions, Are there easier ways to mod weapons and the such?

And if so, can anyone help me out with that?

2. SirFruitcakes

SirFruitcakes New Member

I'd recommend you don't mod weapons of any sort on the server and stick with base-items, any mod that adds items messes with the server, and generally causes crashes/lag.

EDIT: Of course referring to 'custom' items.

Not trying to hate or anything if you're just modding to mod.

3. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

If done in MP: You dun goofed.

If done in SP: There are a few people here that are familiar with applying new skins to items. It's as easy as replacing the PDF with the new one. So I don't know what you've done to make it go kerplunk.

4. Pixel

Pixel Captain Amurica

Yeah... Just don't bring that onto the server.

5. ButtonMash

ButtonMash New Member

Gotchya, Guyman. I wouldn't want to mess with the server. Plus I had /No/ fuggin' clue what I was doin', Lol.

6. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

Take a wirin' tool, slap a brand new pic over it, publish it. BAM! New mod. (I don't actually know if it's that easy. I cannot mod at all)