1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Creative Mode Prohibited

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Hawke, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Hawke

Hawke ACK!

The Creative Mode mod, known for the Super Matter Manipulator, Super Bandages, and related items, is not to be used on the server.

Why?
    1) All custom Creative Mode assets throw server errors merely by being in a player's inventory.
    2) The Super Matter Manipulator is known to increase server load and cause crashes.
    3) There is strong evidence the items in this pack are tied to the recent string of world wipes.

Consider this the final warning in this regard. Players found to be using this mod from this point (and we can find you) will be subject to disciplinary action.

2. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

3. The Plague

The Plague New Member

Good thing I'm far too lazy to mod

4. Bloodrazer

Bloodrazer Son of Rakkis

5. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

Oh hey. Comments are enabled on this, now. I gotta say that, despite this announcement, it almost feels like people are using Creative Mode more than before. Lag has gone up, rather noticeably, since this announcement was posted. At least from my own experience. I seriously hope the people responsible get banned, as malicious as that may sound. Just tired of these people causing major problems for everyone else.

Also note that, even if you're not using Creative Mode, ANY mod that uses any form of super matter manipulator would fall under this. Just for information. But then again, SMM has been stated to be bannable for the longest time. Or at least immediate probation.

6. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Someone is most likely trying to fill a large body of water.

7. Sen

Sen Guest

^
    this guy

8. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

I only use creative in SP to build ships. In no way would I ever use it on any server.

9. JacobKram

JacobKram New Member

I'd like to mention that I use creative mod with friends when I'm playing on a local server and in single-player. So, sometimes it manages to slip my mind to pull the folder from the mods section. I do my best to quickly quit and remove it following the obvious large amount of latency it creates on join.

I suppose my question is: I won't get banned as long as I'm not intentionally running around with it enabled, using its its contents, and do my best to remove it before any major issues come of it, correct?
    Or is even having it the equivalent of a major federal crime?

10. Hawke

Hawke ACK!

If we catch the items in the logs, we catch the items in the logs.

If you really want to use an item spawner, there are a lot better mods out there than Creative Mode that don't crash servers.

11. Terallis

12. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

What Hawke said. Players are to be held accountable for their actions or inactions in regards to behavior on the server. Including but not limited to what mods they bring in. In many cases simply logging on with some mods can cause a large series of errors and issues.

13. JacobKram

JacobKram New Member

14. Terallis

It's been allowed, thus far. People use it all over the place from what I've noticed. It uses entirely vanilla assets. Though, I imagine the inclusion of a specific item that allows instant mining would not be permitted on this server. Putting that aside, though, the rest of it should be fine. (The instant mining tool also uses vanilla assets. It's just not allowed because it's essentially a super matter manipulator.)

15. JacobKram

JacobKram New Member

That's wonderful!
    Thank you for this.
    Is this information available and easily accessible? It seems it should be mentioned in the application process or something of the like.
    As much as this method is not widely accepted, I do believe this sort of thing really opens windows of possibility.

16. Kai

Kai hey im kai and this is jackass

If I'm not mistaken, the instant mining tool has a large tile damage, not a large fire rate, and is essentially way less laggy, and just as efficient as the SMM.

17. Terallis

Ah okay. Then even better! As for how readily available the information is, there's a thread in the General Discussion area of the forum where that link is posted, actually. I almost wonder if it should be stickied, though. Put up as an incentive for people to use it instead of anything else, so they stop causing problems with the server. LOL

18. JacobKram

JacobKram New Member

I agree. Had I known about this beforehand, I'm sure I would have never had an issue regarding the use of CreativeMod.

19. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

I keep the mod on, but I just don't use anything in creative mod when on multiplayer. As long as I don't have anything like Creative Panacea and SMM etc. the server is stable. Is that correct?

20. Terallis

Even just having the mod installed causes the problems. You gotta completely remove it before entering the server.