1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Evil Glitch Empire

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by CaptainBritton02, Apr 6, 2014.

1. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

The title really sums it up. I want to create a Evil Glitch Empire. I haven't thought of a name yet. I might set up a poll.

The explanation behind this, is that there are no truly "Evil" Glitch empires. The knight's order of taranis are peacekeepers, but I was thinking the could be some kind of conquistadors that are evil. There is only one evil organization, the Astral Empire, doesn't anyone feel we need more than that?

Opinions on this go in this thread please.

2. CaptainBritton02

I wont start building anything until it's decided

3. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Why is the Glitch Empire evil? What does it do? What sets it apart from other glitch societies? How does it express its "evil"? Hiw does it view races/factions? Whats its history? What is its motivations? Does it have any goals? Is there a philosophy, methodology, ideaology or belief system that distimguishes it from pre-existing factions? What is the aesthetoc you're aiming for?

4. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

excuse my grammar. Smatphone touchpad :(

5. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

I agree with Goblin. YOu have the base general idea down, but you need to go way more in depth.

6. CaptainBritton02

It's going to be a backset primitive empire that uses the advantages of the future tech. It's going to be a large empire ruled under a Doom Lord (my character). It's enemies will probably be the United Systems and the Knight's Order of Taranis. I've found an ideal system as a capitol. It will have the beliefs of the middle ages and the dark ages. That's all I got...

7. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Oooh you should look into different kingdoms from the middle ages for ideas. Holy Roman Empire, Byzantium, England, etc. Might help ya gather some more details :) You could even concoct a sort of pseudo-religion based around the glitch's creators

8. Node

Node Literal Edgelord

>Evil glitch empire.

Nah. Too specific. Shorten that down to evil empire. Which we don't have enough of anyway. Unite some of the wandering lunatics of the galaxy.

9. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

I agree with that. Have it ruled by a Glitch, yeah. But make it open for all of the raving lunatics n stuff of the galaxy to go together. So we can kill them all at once. :p ((Not saying that its immediately going to be Rofl stomped))

10. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

Why they must be lunatics? There aren't stable evil people around? =O

11. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

*Cough* Miss N *cough*

12. CaptainBritton02

I was actually trying to go for a roman-style ideaology with an English style build.

13. CaptainBritton02

I've started building the ship. It's made out of iron and I'm furnishing and walling it as we type.

14. CaptainBritton02

I am going to attempt to make a sub-forum

15. Node

Node Literal Edgelord

Captain, let me help you out here.

If you want to build a successful guild of evil, you cannot do it on a whim, based on an idea you think is cool. People will not follow that. As an evil overlord, you also need to be methodical, and think things out. Have a clear, solid plan. Make sure you have those willing to follow you before you start. And always have a clear solid plan. And make sure you have a plan that is of the clear and solid variety.

Evil groups are always a risk to characters, since it has the potential of giving them a bad name, as well as get them killed/arrested. I love playing the mischievous and the morally corrupt or inept, but I would certain not throw any of my lovable characters at someone who does not have a clear laid out plan that they can clearly and concisely explain.

Communication is paramount for an evil corps.

16. CaptainBritton02

I haven't done much yet. The recruitment plan comes after the build. That way, even if the faction isn't successful, I can donate my failure to another faction.

17. Aleiksei

Aleiksei New Member

The Astral Empire is full of lawful evil sane people, a chaotic evil faction would be a great addition to the server

18. Demonic

Demonic New Member

If the faction works out, I'll for sure join it on either a new Glitch knight or my current one.

19. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Wasn't there someone who tried this already, but it fell flat because of the lacking of glitch characters that wanted to go evil? Wish ya luck, it's been rough for people to start colonies/factions lately.

20. CaptainBritton02

This wont just be glitch. It will be interspecies. It's just all soldiers will be wearing glitch armor supplied by me.