1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

BADDEST LOGS REDUX: BAD HARDER

Discussion in 'Character Journals' started by MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE, Apr 6, 2014.

1. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE Notorious B.A.D.

((OOC posts welcomed, I don't mind.))
    Aboard the SSS Bad Blade, at a hidden terminal, the location of which is known by only him, Badstar records his life and the people around him, because there's no way in hell he's going to let that hack publisher turning down his autobiography stop him from becoming a legend, goddammit.
    BADSTAR'S LOGBOOK (please don't read)
    ENTRY 001: OH CREATOR OH MAN

I don't have even a semblance of an idea of where this ship is headed. I can't pilot it at all, and at this point it was sheer luck that got the autopilot working. I'm making this log in case the planet ends up being my resting place, or even worse, I don't manage to make it their there. The ship's already running low on fuel and the hull itself doesn't seem to be in good shape either. At this point I can only pray for safety. IF, out.

ENTRIES 002 THROUGH 025 HAVE BEEN CORRUPTED. MOVING TO NEXT AVAILABLE ENTRY WHILST SYSTEM ATTEMPTS RECOVERY...

#1 MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2014
  2. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

ENTRY 026: SS BADSTAR RENOVATIONS NEARING COMPLETION

I have to admit, I never though I'd see the day when my glorious vessel would look so damn stylish. Seems like just yesterday that I bent a large girder into a vaguely hooklike shape and forced Blue to tow the massive hunk of steel and feces from that junkyard world. Then cleaned all the feces off and replaced it with clean steel. Now that I think about it, the original might have just been a very large mass of sewage. When I had her restore it, Blue tried to feed me some BS about how she was a roboticist and not a spaceship mechanic, but I'm pretty sure that was just an excuse for her to do a poor job. Badstar, out.

#2 MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2014
  3. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

ENTRY 027: SSS AND TARANIS

Starrman Security Solutions hasn't had a real contract since it started. Then again, considering how loose Blue is, I wouldn't be surprised if her status as easy significantly outweighed my reputation as a bounty hunter. Some old-timey style Glitch knights hired SSS's help out for helping guard some ball they were holding. The day before, the bot in charge even said "If anything happens, we could probably handle it, 'cause we're knights" or something like that. Made me want to say "Then why'd you hire us, smart guy?" Oh well, I'm not about to complain about profit and good publicity for comparatively low work. Plus someone got stabbed but the owner probably wouldn't have let us do pat-downs anyway. Also, after seeing just who showed up, I wouldn't be surprised if Taranis had some sort of underground Floran prostitution ring. (NOTE TO SELF: Investigate recently-founded rumors of underground Floran prostitution ring on Taranis.) Badstar, out.

#3 MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE, Apr 7, 2014
  4. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

ENTRY 028: BEWARE THE WIZARD

Earlier today, I stopped by Aiko's Bar on Alpha Phact for some refreshments. I'd much rather head over to that club on Alpha Phi Vox, but the atmosphere there hasn't been the same ever since the former owner was found to have some substantial connections to the Delta Sector Cartel. And shot. By me. So I go into Aiko's, and it's dead, as usual. But what surprises me isn't the lack of people, it's the horrific site taking place in the bar. Wizards. Couldn't be any less than fifty of them. They're crammed into the tiny space and they're restless. Wordlessly passing eachother as they walk into the walls. They do this with no signs of stopping. In addition, they constantly jump up, smashing their heads against the ceiling with no indication whatsoever that they're in pain. I won't lie, I walked out of there bewildered and having no idea what was going on. Worst of all, I came back in not five or ten minutes later and the bar was empty. No wizards or anything. Either I had one of the worst drug trips ever, or magic is real and it is very, very dangerous. Badstar, out.

#4 MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE, Apr 7, 2014
  5. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

ENTRY 029: HUMAN AFTER ALL

So, I just stopped by Taranis. I had to leave duty early on yesterday's job to meet with an informant in Delta Sector. I'm hearing mentions of something going down from my contractors at the ball, so I decide to stop by Taranis. It turns out one of the guys running the order turns out to be a human that thought he was a Glitch for around three years. That's something for the record books, or news, I don't know. Maybe I'm a bit biased against humans because Blue is a grating pile of whore-slime whose entire existence is justified by the fact she knows how artificial intelligence works. Still. I may apply for a home on Taranis. Blue constantly insists on filling the SS Badstar with stupid shit, and she wants to get rid of my arcade. She thinks it's dumb. I'm a grown man. I make my own money, I should be able to have my own arcade. I should get some nice little cabin, and fill it with my arcade machines. And my halberds. Plus, it'd be nice to be around my own kind for the most part (if they are actually Glitch and not more humans in disguise).

#5 MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE, Apr 7, 2014
  6. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

ENTRY 030: AVIAN PMCS: NEVER AGAIN

Honestly I don't believe I have enough energy in my fingers left to sum up all the pure rage-inducing horseshit that took place today, so I will try so summarize it best I can.
    • I'm helping Cole pursue an insane serial murderer .
    • We find the murderer.
    • We question her, get confession.
    • She breaks out, Blue traps us all in prisoner hold and starts filling the room with deadly coolant.
    • Only manage to send out one set of beamcodes, we end up contacting some PMC run by a blue avian whose life I saved from an angry mob a while back.
    • We finally get her up in a force cell.
    • One of the PMC guys is really dumb and is really desperate for love from the USCM.
    • The other is a total idiot who tried to argue against locking up the insane serial murderer.
    • We beam down to Marathon. Dumb PMCs get banned from USCM space and serial murderer gets beaten. All is well.
    I would say more but at this point I just need to take a nap. Badstar, out.

#6 MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE, Apr 8, 2014
  7. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

ENTRY 031: THIS WEEK'S GOING GREAT

I ran into Seer today. He was in good health, save for the fact that he pissed off some idiot on Taranis and got shot in the back of the neck. Not that I didn't expect it, considering Seer's tendency to go into huge rants about how he's immortal and the mild sociopathy/stupidity of old-style Glitch do not mix well. I think he's actually dead, so I take his corpse to the back of the SS Badstar and set course for Marathon. I don't know how much of a bounty is on his head, but I assume it's got to be something. We arrive at Marathon and I head to the back to retrieve his corpse, and instead I find some random female Floran's corpse. After that, what takes place is ridiculous to the point I don't feel like committing the whole deal to text. Long story short, Seer is no longer dead and I have no idea what is real and what isn't. Badstar, out.

#7 MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE, Apr 8, 2014
  8. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

SYSTEM HAS SUCCESSFULLY RECOVERED ENTRY 018. DISPLAYING NOW

ENTRY 018: THE OUTPOST

The attack is over. After we took out their then-unattended ship, the outpost was thrown into disarray. We came up right over the hill and managed to take out a good number of them right off the bat. After that, the detachment from earlier came up from behind and finished off the stragglers. I have to admit, it was much faster and much less bloody (at least for us) than I thought it would be. I've been hyping myself up all week for this, and it's over in the space of less than an hour, I want to say forty-five minutes. Man in charge says we're keeping with the original planned path. I'm fine with it. Gives me another opportunity to blast more of those scumbags within 2-3 days. Won't be as easy as it was today, though. They'll be expecting it. I hope I don't get shot. Starrman, out.

9. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

UNABLE TO RETRIEVE ENTRIES 019-025 CURRENTLY. DISPLAYING NEXT AVAILABLE ENTRY.

ENTRY 032: VARIOUS HAPPENINGS

Today I've gotten back from a good 3-4 cycles of dealings over in the Gamma Sector. Two things on the agenda for today. I'll get the more sentimental one out of the way first. Apparently Seer kicked the bucket (again) while I was gone. This time it seems to be a bit more permanent. I'll believe that when I see it for myself. I'm not trying to sound terribly optimistic about it, but if I've been taught one thing, it's to not take things at face/eye value. Second thing is that I've finally decided to both start hiring more people into SSS and look into building a proper headquarters. If we're going to get that coveted Council approval, we're going to have to show them that we mean business. After following one of Cole's (useless) leads to Luminaria, I think I've got a good idea of a couple new employment prospects. Badstar, out.

10. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

ENTRY 033: HUNTED

Been a while since I've taken the time to write down my thoughts in this thing. Guess I haven't had time in between having to simultaneously solve everyone's problems and fail to to do anything substantial. Last night I had some steak, and it was pretty good. I'm going to get that out of the way before bothering to write down the rest of the much more serious events that have been taking place lately. First off, I recently just dedicated a sizable (very sizable, in fact) portion of SSS's cash to paying off a bounty placed on Cole and I by two criminals. One of which, if my info is correct, is an associate of a slaver we took in a few weeks ago, along with some guy that goes by the name Unity, which is probably the dumbest criminal alias possible. I mean, if I were too scared to use my real name, I'd come up with something foreboding, like Rotblood, or Goredeath.

I mean, if you set up a bounty board, and literally the first bounty is one placed on two lawmen by a criminal, I think it's safe to say that you shouldn't be managing a bounty board. Pack your stuff up and head home, you're done. We wouldn't even have been in the situation if not for Cole. They refused to take down the bounty normally because of Cole's complete inability to keep his shotgun in his pants when the situation calls for it. The man's a damned good detective, but gunfights are not his forte. He needs to learn that life isn't Tango and Cash and leave the shooting-criminals part for the person whose resume it's on. Maybe I'm too hard on him, I think my hatred for Blue is subconsciously making its way to the part of my brain that interacts with Cole. He's just been getting on my nerves with this paranoia shit as of late. First it's "Oh no, now that we've got actual bounties on our heads, criminals will surely be gunning for us, not like before, when they loved us!" and now it's "Oh no, there's a GIANT JUNK MONSTER hunting me!" At some point I have to wonder if the constant workload isn't boding well for him. Guy needs a vacation.

I don't know why the bounties or getting them taken off mattered at all. People have been sending assassins after me for years. Criminals aren't the type to sit by and watch while you investigate/shoot/arrest them and/or their buddies. They're gonna want payback for sure. Right now, assassins are the least of my worries. I've currently turned my attention towards finding that "Unity" person and learning who they work for. If this hunch I've got is correct, they're more familiar than I thought. Badstar, out.

11. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

ENTRY 034 - NOT REALLY ALL THAT HUNTED

So lately I've been learning some things about myself. One thing is that my head-prong makes people thing I'm a Hyotl. Just because I nabbed it off the body of a dead Disphot doesn't mean I'm not a Glitch. A Glitch with a desperate need to have a head-prong. You never know when you might get some use out of a good prong. Anyway, the second thing I learned is that, when someone getting shot is not an immediate issue, I'm pretty boring to be around.

That being said, I went to Liberty Mills earlier today. Apparently there was a human going by the name of Eris that had shot up the bar and had a bounty placed on her head. Now, in defiance of every scrap of common sense and scumbag smarts, she decided to head back to Liberty Mills to brag about it. I think my job is about to enter a new golden age if this is what the general intelligence of criminals is these days. I mean, wow. Naturally, I tried to apprehend her only for her to run in circles for a few minutes then beam up. Some quality criminal we've got here.

In general it seems everyone around's been hit with the stupid stick lately. I mean, I'm not the most well-maintained firearm on the shelf, but some of this stuff is just plain ridiculous. Cole and I headed to the LM apartment complex to ask a victim of wanted criminal and serious competitor for the title of "dumbest criminal ever" Eris if he could tell us anything. Lyra naturally just kind of shoves him out of her apartment right into me, and I grab his shoulders. Immediately it's like I just tried to jab my fingers into his eyes or something, and he bolts as soon as he gets a chance. After yet another encounter with some dumb floran, I find him and he's all jumpy, with Lyra saying I tried to choke him out or something. Bullshit.

I had to cut short this fantastic encounter, as Cole had somehow managed to get himself held at gunpoint by no less than two unstable floran within roughly eight minutes. At this point I was very close to just saying "Screw it" and fertilizing riddling one of them with explosive buckshot. My patience with people like this is just wearing very thin.

On a more positive note, Riko's overseeing of SSS HQ is going swimmingly (I'm clever). Haven't actually had a chance to talk to Riko in a while. I should buy him a beer next time I get the chance.

12. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

ENTRY 035 - WHOA IT'S BEEN A WHILE

I can't believe I still actually have this journal thing. I mean I really can't believe it. My ship's been destroyed and rebuilt/refurnished twice since the last entry. How was it not destroyed? Probably doesn't matter, anyway, I guess.

The most important thing going on right now, however, is that SSS is getting a second wind. First, we were hired out to operate on The Order's newest colony as a sort of security assistant. They later terminated our services after a lack of success with the colony, but not before paying us a very large quantity of the fat stacks. Shortly after the termination of that contract, we received a brand new job, this time to act as full-time law enforcement agents on an up-and-coming colony, New Chicago. Since then, it's almost like the good old days all over again, my schedule's been so packed. Just look at some of the things I've done lately:

Jailed some crazy cult leader.
    Jailed some crazy attacking people in the bar.
    Jailed some crazy floran who attacked someone in the bar.
    Jailed some crazy security personnel who were engaging in illegal torture of a detainee.

Jailed some other crazy floran who straight-up tried to tear out Julius' throat or something.
    Jailed some other people.

New horizons, as they say.