1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The Dynamic of 'Slaves'

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BIGtheRED, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

My banhammer sings at the chance to scrap the splattered remains of such filth from this server. Let be known, there will be a great purge should people be found unable to handle the concept of slavery.

Those found using it for erotic means, will be gone.

As for roleplaying someone who is enslaved, treat it with the seriousness it deserves. If you can't, then don't do it. I assure you if a portrayal of slavery is deemed to be unacceptable for the masses, it will become outlawed.

2. Aleiksei

Aleiksei New Member

I've tried to prevent that by having laws on Luminaria that protect slaves from public abuse, my main concern was don't do naughty things to slaves in the frickin capitol on the market, so if anybody even tries anyway they'll be kinda outlawed so excluded from the rp in a way

3. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

glad i brought this point up then! :O

D-Dont hurt me twitch senpai ;-;

#23 Switchback, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014
  4. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

They're slaves.

5. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

...I can see it now. One of the mucklings, is gonna wind up a slave -_-

6. SirFruitcakes

SirFruitcakes New Member

most def

7. Node

Node Literal Edgelord

Oh man. I have a character who is not doing anything, and is practically dying to be involved in some sort of large plot! I can't imagine who WOULDN'T want Overseer as a slave!

But actually, I am considering how playing slave drivers and collecting slaves would occur. I can't imagine it would work very well to travel around the galaxy and pick up slaves from around the universe. You would quickly attract unwanted attention and likely get crushed. Not to mention, vagabonds tend to be armed to the teeth, and those emitting distress signals are likely to garner the attention of the law just as likely as slavers, so I can only assume you'd be in for one heck of a battle upon arriving at a distress beacon.

So besides being born into it, or having a potentially racist society that enslaves one race, I would personally presume that slavery occurs planetside. Just from the looks of the applications, it seems as if there are a fair amount of folks in the slums. Considering they live in a slum, its potentially unlikely that those people own ships. Or a whole lot of ways to protect themselves from being scooped up by the upper class if they are not careful. In the spirit of roleplay, I would propose that living on Luminaria leaves the risk of being abducted and enslaved. Provided that the type of slavery being invoked is the nasty kind, rather than the loving cuddly kind that everyone else is suggesting, in which we give the poor purpose.

It would lead itself to some interesting roleplay. I can imagine people would congregate into the slums and fight back, while the upper class try to isolate, and capture their targets.

8. Ollanius Verok

Ollanius Verok New Member

How to be a slave trader.
    1) Find a NPC village.
    2) Construct your base around it, blocking off any escape routes.
    3) Cage the civies
    4) Kill the guards
    5)????
    6) Profit.

9. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

I can see it now, all these rules get buried in posts and someone does it saying "what there was no rules against it!"

Requesting "Slavery" specific posts be made in the CoC

10. Aleiksei

Aleiksei New Member

Not in public is the key phrase, people do whatever they want on their ship, I don't care about that, I'm too young B)

11. BIGtheRED

BIGtheRED Honey-glazed Bacon

I second that notion.

((Attn: Twitch))

12. Weavle105

Weavle105 Back in Black.

Were Ash a slave, shock collars and Impervium chains would be a must. Just for anyone who, I don't know, might just wonder how she would be turned into a slave or anything.

I'm assuming you don't like ERP. In all seriousness, what if you already had a character and they happened to become a slaver, and it happens they would be one to do such awful acts, in private, and on a uncommon occasion? And for those wondering, no, I do not have any character's that fit that, and nor do I plan to, I am legitimately wondering.

13. Sen

Sen Guest

Because it always leads to a server filled with creepy ERP slaves that make no sense from an in-character perspective (especially when they actively seek enslavement), not to mention offensively trivializing the very real issue of sex trafficking?

14. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

I agree with Sen. CoC says no ERP.

15. Weavle105

Weavle105 Back in Black.

You have my appreciation for explaining this conundrum to my, frog-man Sen.

16. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

We the staff, do not endorse ERP in any form. Keep it off the server, keep it off the forum, keep it out of the community, keep it in your pants. Don't do it. Don't even think about it.

Right there, you thought about it.

Stop.

Now go wash your mouth out with soap.

17. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

I think twitch has a fancy collection of leather masks, whips, and chains in his closet.

18. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

I feel so useful for bringing that up ;-;

19. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

The big difference between what you think, in jest or otherwise, and what I know is had I been a moderator back when the violium door "event" happened you would have been banned already. Don't be surprised if you ever get put on the chopping block, if that happens to resurface.

So count yourself lucky, and keep your mouth shut.

20. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

**cries in fear**