1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

...Request funding...

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Ollanius Verok, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Ollanius Verok

Ollanius Verok New Member

"To all the children left orphaned by the wreckage of our home world. I present to you a plan to construct a bastion of Humanity to shine brighter then any star in the blackness of space. The station itself will stand as memorial to our lost home and to show that we shall persevere our ways of life and continue forward. Of course all are welcome to aid in the construction and live in peace on the station. Provided we can acquire the funds to supply building material and to be self-sustainable.

The coordinance where project "Galatica Terra" shall take place;

Updated 3/25/2014
    Alpha sector
    X= 99
    y= 272
    Aplha Iota Peg Majoris VI Asteroid belt
    "

[​IMG]

"1) CaC shall allow us to monitor the station itself along with maintaining communication with the rest of the galaxy.
    2) The bio dome shall house farmland for crops and earth like plant life as close as we can manage. The western edge will contain a beach front for relaxation and sports.
    3) Living quarters will be tough to give enough space for families, so we shall allow only a certain number of residence at any given time. That way we do not exhaust living space or food and medical supplies.
    4) Merchants of all races shall be welcomed here to sell their wares. Due to the limited space, the medical facilities will be located on this section of the station.
    5) Night clubs, bars, and other establishments such as restaurants shall be located in the section.
    6) Industrial works will be located in this section with cargo space to ship and produce star ships and raw materials so we may have export alongside imports.
    7) The stations waste will collect and flow down this umbilical into it's final destination.
    8) The raw sewage will be treated and cleaned, shall be sent back into the water supply for the station. "

Contact William Trent for more information or to aid in the production of humanity's second home.​

#1 Ollanius Verok, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014
  2. Sen

Sen Guest

(( Silskeer ))

Alternatively, you could just live on a planet and not have to spend exorbitant amounts of resources on a space station that offers, literally, no net benefit over a celestial home?

3. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

"Space station or not, I would be interested in assisting in the construction of this station. Though, as for the advantages and disadvantages, it may prove to carry more advantages than disadvantages. A space station would have no real risk of local wildlife getting in, for instance. In addition, the resource cost would likely not be any more than constructing a base on the ground. Mind you, ground construction would be far easier to construct, to be fair. But either way, I will be willing to assist in this matter. Humanity is still so scattered after the tentacle mass hit Earth. The idea of a true monument settlement like this is good."

-Aedan

4. Sen

Sen Guest

(( Silskeer ))

Wildlife? Solar radiation, heat management, explosive decompression, deployment into orbit, air recycling, water recycling, food shipments, power generation.

Building a structure out of concrete and brick, opposed to one made of radiation-resistant, impact-resistant spaceworthy material. Which do you think is more expensive?

5. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

A marvelous idea. I sympathize with the humans, their loss is analogous to ours. If only we could find a suitable world. Carroli Corp can provide some small-scale defense turrets for a relatively low price if you so desire.

6. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Silskeer, a space station would be ideal to prevent fuel from being expended escaping gravity wells generated by planets. Additionally, materials to build space stations are very available and relatively inexpensive. A space station is essentially a giant, stationary spaceship, and constitutes the same materials, architecture and facilities. The only danger would be vulnerability to attack.

7. Ollanius Verok

'Consider the construction of a station as symbolic representation that humanity, as a species, no longer has a home world. The USCM is proof we've been far better in the stars then our old home. Some may even say it's destruction was justified due to how we treated the planet with our industry and war. Eve if that's the case, why harm another planet?

There's also the added bit of asteroids being a rather valuable source of ores."

#7 Ollanius Verok, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
  8. Sen

Sen Guest

(( Silskeer ))

Which is ideal for a facility which expects to see a lot of cargo traffic where transportation costs may cut into profit, such as a factory or a shipyard - not for a facility whose primary intention is tourism.

9. Sen

Sen Guest

(( Silskeer ))

Perhaps you should focus on more practical ventures, such as securing the future of your race instead of wasting what resources humanity has left on glorified hotels.

10. Ollanius Verok

"I would like to point out area six on the blueprint. It's purpose functions to produce ships with the materials found in the astroid fields. This is hardly a "glorified' hotel."

11. Sen

Sen Guest

(( Silskeer ))

Yes, a fraction of a station dedicated to manufacturing. Truly that justifies a biodome, commercial and housing districts, all ventures that have no place in space. Even if, heavens forbid, such was viable, the cost to support a large population exceeding a thousand or so would be exorbitant. It shocks me that someone could be so misguided as to believe that living on a space vessel would be a viable future for a race; perhaps it is this kind of thinking that lead to Earth's downfall.

12. Ollanius Verok

"These are not the final plans for the station, but you are correct on the issue of dedicating a fraction to manufacturing. I'll fix up the plans to keep shops and entertainment on the same section. This will add space for manufacture and scientific study."

13. Ollanius Verok

Due to the discovery of tendril infestation on the nearby planetoids, the build has been moved to X= 99 Y= 272... Aplha Iota Peg Majoris VI Asteroid belt. Local planetoids check clean for infestation.

14. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

While I would prefer to try and convince you to become a citizen of the R.A., I commend you on your efforts, and hope for the best. If you wouldn't mind, I would like to visit the building site in the future and if there is potential to be had, discuss with you the possibilities of a more formal relationship between your station, and the Armada.

H. L. Hollow

Relzurautt Armada

15. Ollanius Verok

A meeting can be arranged. I'll be on sight for most of the construction, so do pass by.

16. Aleiksei

Aleiksei New Member

The Astral Empire is interested in your project, and interested in offering minor funding completely free of any charge, encumbrance, reimbursement or expectation. If you desire so, greater funding could be given out, under condition. An agent will be sent on site to transfer money to you, free of charge, shall you accept this offer.

-Grunt

17. Serena's Pikachu

Serena's Pikachu New Member

-Terra-
    "Turns out my name's Terra.. Saw something like this a mile away.."

18. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

((This part is posted))
    "When work has halted for times, it would appear that more and more materials are secretly brought in, as well as the asteroid obstacles being mostly blown away by something. Whoever does this seems to come in and out without a sound. Who is this mysterious helper? What are his intentions? Find out on the next episode of-"

((This part is not.))
    Aedan smacks the his personal assistance robot. "Stupid robot. I should never have programmed you with a narrative personality." He grumbles.

19. Ollanius Verok

"I'm willing to hear you all out, then. Whenever I'm on site, I'll send out a signal to ping for the rest of you to know."