1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Terraria Strikes Back

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Punished Tacc, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

2. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Looks like a Starbound clone!
    That is kind of neat, though.

3. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

It would be near perfect if it had world-to-world travel, but it's set up as one world=one server.

4. Sen

Sen Guest

Is it me, or do the graphics look... mismatched?

5. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

They went ham with player models but stick to normal blocks for everything else. It looks a little weird yes.

6. Lavinda

Lavinda New Member

It's style isn't very nice. I prefer Starbound and Terraria's much more. Although, I wish Starbound had entertaining bosses. The current ones are lame, at least I think so.

7. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

All the current bosses can be cheesed. UFO? Dig deep underground, make a slit, fire arrows. Trouble with the goop? Same thing. Trouble with the dragon? Same thing, or just plop it down on an avian airship.

What's funny is the game has Terraria content added in, it's a clone and they aren't even trying to hide it

8. Ivrian

Ivrian New Member

I would never buy this personally. The graphics are way off to my liking and has this clone feeling to it. I also agree with Lavinda about the bosses in Starbound, they are silly when you think about it. Space penguin pirates? bone dragons? Not to forget, bosses could also be cheesed in Terraria.

9. Tacoburger

Tacoburger professional taco burger

It's poorly styled like Lavinda said, Starbound and Terraria are much better in sense of eye appeal.
    personally it's art style makes me nauseous.

10. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

True.

11. Lavinda

Lavinda New Member

Senpai finally noticed me~! :oops:

Seriously though. At least Terraria's bosses were fun, had kickass music, etc.

Starbound? Sluggish battles, and a Fart Orchestra. Except for the Tentacle biome. It kicks ass!
    But unlike Terraria, Starbound is still in beta, so most of that can change. I hope things DO change before the Novakid arrive, that'll be where I say

"K this isn't gonna work."

ANYWAY. I'm seriously looking forward to Terraria 2. But if Redigit makes it an early access game, I will kill a kitten, getting really tired of those.

12. Ivrian

Ivrian New Member

I noticed you before, mind you. ;)
    And I also agree about the novakids, the idea itself... Im not even gonna touch that subject. Might activate my rant mode again.

13. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Am I missing something? What's wrong with Novakids?

14. Ivrian

Ivrian New Member

I personally dont like the idea behind them, or well the existing lore that comes with them for now. But that's just me.

15. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

^I agree, kinda don't make sense, even though they are pretty cool looking. Plus they explode when they naturally die, or when the metal thing gets shot. Sooooo...

16. SirFruitcakes

SirFruitcakes New Member

Well, I'm not against the whole Novakid idea, I kind of like the idea of them, I just wish they weren't, well, what they are ... they could have done the lore abit better I think, I don't mind the whole short-attention span thing at all, it's more the forget their technology thing I'm confused about, it would make sense if they tended to destroy their research through stupid incident but straight up losing interest or forgetting it is quite iffy, but then the race isn't supposed to make sense, thats their thing.

17. swbf2lord

swbf2lord New Member

Y'know, you're comparing a finished product at times here, with an unfinished product. Terraria is a finished game. Starbound is still in an early beta. So there are still changes coming, and being made. I don't think the bosses are "unfun" as they stand, but they will change/improve. This is a beta guys. Geeze.

18. Ivrian

Ivrian New Member

Im aware this is a beta, and I never complained about it. Does not change my personal opinion about the bosses though. Sheesh. <3

19. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Obligatory beta is a finished product with all included features. Starbound Early Access is an Alpha, and we only have it because of the sheer amount of pressure put on Chucklefish to release it already. This is definitely early-mid Alpha. Especially considering they don't even have all the races in.

Which also makes me cheesed, because when they initially released the game it was structurally sound, save for "User Access Violation" every now and then for XP users. We can expect to be in beta late 2014.

20. swbf2lord

swbf2lord New Member

Eh, they call it an early beta, Chucklefish, so I call it that.

However, about the issue with bosses, I simply call it that way because I wouldn't make judgements on the product until it's been fully developed. I'm sure they'll make the bosses better in later updates.