1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Floran biology

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kazi, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronicle

Chronicle nobody knows why he's still here

Okay, lemme try to summon up the will to make a serious post in one of these...

...Aaaaaagh it hurts.

Okay. It's pretty clear that Florans are unisex, to me. Not only because it's pretty plainly stated, but because that's just how plants work. You've never heard of a flower garden that died out because all the tulips were dudes. That's silly.

However! This does not mean that Florans lack in gender identity. Since I know them significantly better, let me use the Glitch as an example of this. Prove me wrong if you can: Glitch are physically sexless. Fact. They do not sexual reproduce, and there is no logical reason whatsoever for them to have any functional genetalia, even for "data transfers". (That just needlessly limits one's abilities, allowing only for transfers with those of opposing genders. That's also silly. Imagine if you could only share files with, say, Windows users, or computers made after 2007.)

However, a great number of Glitch have a distinctive gender identity embedded in their AI. Every Glitch has one, and it's usually very obvious. Most are proud of it; it's a part of who they are. There are male and female fashions, visible differences in the bodies between genders - even most flirting is, from what we've seen, heterogender. This is, of course, so that the species mimics regular people, as was their intent when created. This even explains why many Glitch appear to have more masculine or feminine builds. See also: Robo-boobs. Do they serve any physical purpose? Of course not. But is it nice for a species without sexes to be able to tell someone's gender at a glance? Of course! For many reasons!

Anyway, my point is. I've always assumes Florans work the same way if they're unisex. Some have more masculine builds, and personalities. Some, more feminine. For some, it's hard to tell. Some may just lack in a gender identity. Whatever the case, it may not serve any biological purpose, but it serves a vital personal and sociological difference, as each member's gender identity is a vital part of who they are.

That's my theory, and I think it makes sense. Questions?

#21 Chronicle, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2014
  2. Venom

Venom New Member

I concur. Unisex, but they can obviously identify to a gender.

3. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Mating Similar to humans would probably be the easiest way. Though the genitalia would have to be different because plants.

4. swbf2lord

swbf2lord New Member

Going a little more in-depth that perhaps we would like, I don't feel like they'd actually enjoy it though. Rather, they'd do it out of a desire for expansion, and survival of the species. I can't imagine a Floran man getting a "plant boner", so to speak. It just.. doesn't seem right.

5. Doctor Frohman

Well... I feel like Floran should enjoy pro-creation, even if it doesn't work (See: Other Species). Plus, the Florans could have a different body system, having "plant boners" at times when needed, and not seemingly at random, like humans.

6. swbf2lord

swbf2lord New Member

I'm mainly worried about players playing Florans like human teenagers. *shudders*

7. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

that already happens o.o

8. Doctor Frohman

Shhh, just let it happen...

9. swbf2lord

swbf2lord New Member

Well, hopefully it's better than you guys make it sound ;)

Haven't gotten IG yet, but hopefully my application will be approved.

10. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

what? Floran sex? oh it is....I MEAN WHAT NO IT ISNT

11. Chronicle

[​IMG]

12. Doctor Frohman

Ssshhh. Calm down. You're just confused because you've never done it with a Floran before.

13. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

You act as if we've all fucked a Flora-Oh wait... Shit...

14. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

........ Good thing I try to live on a diet of beer and meat. Because I'm pretty sure Floran Sex is a way to come out of the Vegan Closet.

15. Chronicle

[​IMG]

16. Verita

Verita Princess Shoi

[​IMG]

17. Venom

Venom New Member

18. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

I'm totally kidding XD I support the butt rubbing theory completely. That is the purest way to sexually reproduce. Just imagine how good Floran "Females" can twerk! #Lel #Yolosweg

(If you can't tell I'm joking, you can leave now XD)

19. Chronicle

[​IMG]

20. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Time to make a floran named Mourning Wood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.