1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Concern: Be aware of the 'child doctor'

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Mordaith, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aradin Stanguit

Aradin Stanguit The Vigil's Jester

Aradin -

Noah, I am with you with your goal, but first we need to handle your mental health. I actually have several years in psychology and can try and find the root of these issues, and try to help you get pass them. Please message me if you wish to set up a meeting, first one I will give free of charge.

2. Sen

Sen Guest

^ claims to be time traveller

3. Aradin Stanguit

Aradin Stanguit The Vigil's Jester

Aradin -

Accurate statement, since my ship was raided by space time anomaly time pirates from sector 11 and I have pictures to prove it.

4. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

-Barbados-

@Sen Always complains about everything and whines about everything, and only exists to pester people.

Noah, I will contact my stepmother about your training ASAP. Hang in there, lad.

5. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

[As Sai] ... Maybe you should help fix the everyone else who's 'mentally' unstable in this sector.... that is how you'd classify them right? ... face it, everyone in this universe has problems, advertising your business in 'helping' someone that you believe is mentally unstable seems like just a ploy to get some cash. Maybe you should open an office somewhere and advertise properly.

((OOC Sai has many issues himself.... so he shouldn't be one to talk T_T ))

6. Kolyn

Kolyn New Member

-Kolyn-

If this kid wants to put band aids on people let him, he isn't hurting anyone.

7. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Let not perpetuate this matter. We already have solved the problem, and there are other more pressing matters we all should attend to.
    ((basically no more posts on this thread please, its really old and unnecessary))

8. Mordaith

Mordaith New Member

Curious. How was the problem solved?
    Angran Rust

9. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

--Ray Beluga--

I believe Mr. Barbados agreed to have Noah meet with his stepmother for training. Additionally Mr. Aradin offered psychiatric help to Noah. Finally, If something further is needed, I personally recommended that he apply for an internship or job shadowing at a medical facility. ((probably after the proposed wipe))
    Unless there is something further which needs to be addressed, I believe we can terminate this conversation. It is attracting much attention, which can tend to be counterintuitive when oblivious members of the galactic community find out and try and get involved with something they know little about.

10. Mordaith

Mordaith New Member

Unsure. But he was continuing to laud his medical skills last night. Still very worrying. I think until evidence is produced that he is no longer a well intended danger to those seeking assistance, maybe it would be good to keep this warning open.

Angran Rust
    Atmospheric Studies
    Carroli Corporation

11. Lavinda

Lavinda New Member

-Lin-

Just drop it, alright? He's not a danger to anyone, this topic should've have even gone beyond five posts, it should've been settled then and there! The person you're talking about is going to see this, do you really think that you saying all those things will do anything beyond hurt Noah's feelings? Just leave him alone!

12. Sen

Sen Guest

(( Silskeer ))
    The ignorance born from sympathy in this channel is astounding.

13. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

Hsss heard about thisss... why iss sstill being talked about...?

-Sharptooth

14. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Miss Lin, do not misunderstand us. Granted, he hasn't been a danger yet, but I fear there may be a day where he accidentally causes a death and causes a galactic incident. I am trying to prevent that from happening, because this man has the potential to be a stupendous medical practitioner. I for one am only trying to help a young aspiring doctor along a path to a brighter and more productive career. We have given him many options regarding the improvement of his current abilities, and whether he chooses to accept our help will define his intentions.

15. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

-Barbados-

I don't think any of you besides Aradin and I have offered help, to re-evaluate your post. It would be wise to stop posting here, as Noah, in any way shape, or form, is no longer a "threat." In fact, I would go as far to say that he is ready to begin a very prosperous and rich career.

16. Mordaith

Mordaith New Member

-Angran-

Query. Has Noah actively ceased his claims that he is a doctor and officially taken up study with a proper trainer? If both of those things are not currently true, there is still the threat that he will misrepresent himself as a medical practitioner, and keep "Practising" on live subjects who are actually in need of real assistance.

Continuation. As I have personally witnessed him answer the call for a doctor within the last 24 Galactic Hours, and have not heard confirmation that he has actually started proper training, I think this warning is still viable.

Notation. Yes, many are smart enough to refuse treatment from a child and would not mistake him for a proper doctor. However, in a state of emergency or distress, clarity may not be an option for people.

Compassion. I understand many here are trying to spare his feelings. But consider this. He answers a call for a doctor. His lack of knowledge and training winds up killing some innocent life. Think of how he would feel then. Self-admitted to have a history of mental instability, it is unwise to allow such stress.

Conclusion. Until I have seen proper evidence that he has refrained from this course of action, I feel the situation should still be freely discussed and I will keep my own views published here, and respond to those that inquire. For those that are not interested in this topic, simply ignore it. You do not likely need the warning anyway. It is a sad situation. It wounds me to be the source of sadness for anyone, but, I could not allow injury through my own inaction.

17. Lavinda

Lavinda New Member

-Lin-

You know what? You're just a bully. There's nothing left to discuss, and there's nothing wrong with Noah. Get lost.

18. Mordaith

Mordaith New Member

-Angran-

Confused. I apologize. I don't seem to understand what I have done wrong. Let alone how I am bullying anyone. If you met me in person, you would realize how comical the idea of me being a bully is. I am sure that Noah is a fine young man. He clearly has the best of intentions. When I hear a call out on the radio, requesting assistance for broken ships, medical aid, or assistance in a fight, I long to help.

Sorrow. The truth is I am not very good at any of those things. Not just not any good, I down right don't know what I am doing in regards to them. I have been around a bit, studied very hard to by pass draconian elements of my heritage, and have overcome these challenges to be a passable meteorologist. Training is the key here. If people are wanting to know why it rains on some planets and not on others, I would be more than happy to help. But treat a wound? Launch a raid on a pirate base? Fix a broken ship engine? Beyond me.

Insistence. If I tried. I would make matters worse. Maybe I would get lucky. Maybe it would be a simple problem that I could luck my way through. But pressing that luck, I would only come to ruin and failure eventually. Noah has been given offers. And if he has accepted them and has ceased to answer calls for the assistance of a Doctor, then I will be content.

Firm. My heart goes out to him. And I assume that many of his friends are decrying my reasons here. I assure you, you are not helping him.

Angran Rust

19. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

[As Sai]

.... Don't..... go to his house...

20. Lavinda

Lavinda New Member

Whose house, and why?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.