1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Concern: Be aware of the 'child doctor'

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Mordaith, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crimeariver

Crimeariver New Member

Well, you'll never know if you don't try. I'm sure if you ask someone sincerely and humbly, they will be happy to help.

2. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

That is homicidal. Not suicidal.

3. Narfball

Narfball narfball

(( Misfit! ))

can miftsheht hire u then lern u 2 b docter?

4. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

Not to be pedantic, but I am quite certain that the definition of "suicidal" entails self-harm, not the decapitation of others.

5. Noah Campbell

Noah Campbell New Member

Mentally unstable, Happy?

6. Vladimir Valerik

Vladimir Valerik New Member

Amused statement: You seem to be contradicting yourself, organic.

Query: Are you intending to represent yourself as a mature, able-bodied adult ready to perform lifesaving procedures on other living things? Or are you a child that must be protected from all of the 'bullies' and critics that would question your abilities due to your age?

~V.

7. Aissa

Aissa Clockwork Pastry Lobster

Well, now, hang on a second. Are you an adult capable of upholding an oath to do no harm and learning to practice medicine with maturity and sound judgment, or are you a sixteen year old kid who has trouble with bullies and experiences suicidal ideation accompanied by fits of violence?

ETA: Damn you, robat.

8. Noah Campbell

Noah Campbell New Member

I am a 16 year old, who's only intentions were to help. Fuck surgery, I just wanted to fix up a freaking beating, or someone needing a bandage, Not a brain surgeon.

9. Narfball

Narfball narfball

(( Misfit! ))

mifsthesht stil wud like 2 hir u.

10. Vladimir Valerik

Vladimir Valerik New Member

Suggestion: It would be better advised, at least for the moment, to 'help' in ways other than medical care. This unit would suggest painting fences or assisting in the needs of localized business owners, rather than performing medical procedures that may potentially harm, or end the life of, organics other than yourself.

~V.

11. Aradin Stanguit

Aradin Stanguit The Vigil's Jester

Sapbleeder -

Floran wonder how ssprout hass Phoenix asss mate. Iss underage.

12. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

And practicing the arts of healing? An unpleasant cocktail.

13. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

-Barbados-

All of you, be nice to the lad. I am now 25 biologically, but if you didn't know already, I am 8 years old in terms of time of alive (I age in random patterns of speed, right now I am at an aging spurt. Settia says it should end when I'm biologically 30). Since then, random spurts of maturity and child-like behavior has occurred. I was still able to train for 4 years until the biological age of 19. I was biologically 14 when I started medical school. I quit after a while, due to the fact that my ambitions were not to be a doctor, but the fact still stands... Children can surprise you in the most miraculous of ways. When I was biologically 22, I successfully was able to perform a kidney transplant. I am still very proud of that. The lad needs guidance; guidance that most of you seem to lack. I respect you, Noah, but I agree with the others. Train with my stepmother, Settia Aster. She is a very highly trained doctor, capable of many things. She will help you understand the art of medicine more fully.

14. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

[As Sai]

I'd like to meet this kid... Only 16 years old and he's trying to help people. Did you know where I was when I was 16...... wait I was on Earth..... nevermind.

15. Mordaith

Mordaith New Member

Concern.

Please, Please. Let us not just shout down his attempts. He is self admitting to having struggled with mental instability. What needs to be done is assurances that this young man gets the help he desperately needs. Are there some sort of medical or mental help facilities out there where he can be either trained, treated, or both?

Note. I am fully supported of The Child's desire to help people. It is fantastic. We need more people in the universe like that. But help must come from a source that is capable of doing so.

Explanation. I know nothing about firearms, weapon maintenance, or really combat in general. I can handle myself against a few dumb creatures grunting around on a Threat Level II planet, but beyond that I have problems. You do not come to me for help building or fixing a gun, regardless of the fact I know a enough to get by.

Begging. Please, Young Noah, do not gamble so hard when dealing with helping people. It is very likely one day, you will kill someone, if you do not have the proper medical training. You've been given a great chance by Barbados. I advise you take him up on it. Refrain from major surgeries or other procedures until you have 4 or 5 years of study, in the meantime - if you wish to help people. Get a supply of medical containment systems, perhaps ones with stabilizers or the ability to slow down the severity of injury until you can get them to a real doctor.

Note. You have been lucky so far. Do not gamble with other peoples lives. There is much you can do in the universe to help. I am concerned that if you do not seek training, others will seek you. You are 16, if so much of your time has been dedicated to learning medical arts, I doubt you have enough combat skills to defend yourself from a veteran of space combat.

Comfort. And there is nothing wrong with that, when you find a science you are passionate about, like myself and meteorology, it encompasses everything. I could not fight my way out of a rickety wooden crate. But I could tell you a few very interesting details about atmospheric anomalies.

-Angran.

#55 Mordaith, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2014
  16. Lavinda

Lavinda New Member

-Lin-

I was asking about this before the money was mentioned! And besides, Pixels have no worth to me, anyway.

17. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

We ought to introduce this boy to Mrs. Aster as soon as possible. Training would greatly improve this boy's efficacy in healing the injured and sick. It is a great thing that he wants to help save lives, as that is my aspiration as well. However, I have an education and funding, while he only has funding. If he got a proper education he could save lives across the galaxy. Possibly he could intern at a medical facility? The galaxy can always use more doctors.

Furthermore, shame on those of you criticizing this boy. He is clearly trying to help, but doesn't have the capacity to understand the wealth of knowledge one needs to be a medical practitioner. If he is mentally unstable, arguing with him would be intolerably stupid of you. Instead, find him a psychologist or try and offer a helping hand. He's only sixteen, and a bunch of full grown adults beating up a 16 year old for trying to help people hardly sounds appropriate.

#57 Toadkid1234, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2014
  18. Lavinda

Lavinda New Member

-Lin-

But it'd hardly be surprising. Adults nowadays are exceptionally cruel to people our age..

19. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

In the galaxy I come from, children are encouraged to pursue their aspirations and are given the means to do so. I certainly had hoped this galaxy upheld that as well. I close by asking Noah to find a hospital or other medical facility and get help there, both psychologically and intellectually. Safe travels.

20. Lavinda

Lavinda New Member

-Lin-

It really isn't..I had a gun pulled on me yesterday. Why? Because I asked someone not to be shouting everything they say when they had no reason to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.