1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Hilarious IG Pictures

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mara, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Arcticil

Arcticil Toxic Top Soldier

*gasp* mods having fun??? BLASPHEMY

2. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

Somewhere across the sea, a spanish is laughing like there's no tomorrow.

3. Solour

Solour a dad

*SOMEWHERE RIGHT NOW...**AN AMERICAN IS SCOFFING....*
    *IN THE FREEDOM OF USA....**ALSO LAUGHING, INTENSLY.....*
    *IN THE HAWAIIAN ISLES.....**AT YOUR SILLY FOREIGN WAYS*
    *IN SCHOFIELD BARRACKS....**HE IS MAD, WITH JOY, AT THIS*

*SCOFFING AT THE SPANISH, THE SEAS, AND NO FREEDOMS...*
    *YOU WILL NEVER KNOW MY GUNS, BOMBS AND FREEDOMS.....*
    *HOO-RAH AMERICA, FUCK YEAH! FREEDOMS, ALL FREEDOM!*

4. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

Well you know I wish I could have fun like that. Guess it can't be helped.

#1344 TAP123, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
  5. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

Make a skype chat with some friends

6. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

7. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

SHOTS FIRED

8. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

Wot I'm just saying if you want to have big-skype-group-fun-with-friends, make a big skype group with friends.

9. Chronicle

Chronicle nobody knows why he's still here

I would like to apologize for not working constantly every moment of the day.

Much like any real job, we do not work 24/7. Occasionally, we have off-time, in which we sometimes decide to try and enjoy ourselves, rather than working like machines. A number of psychological studies have suggested that not working for every moment of your life - and, instead, relaxing every now and again - is generally healthy towards your overall psychological well-being, as well as your work productivity. The latter of which is rather ironic, but accurate.

Given that such breaks are common in real-world jobs, I did not see what the harm is in the staff taking a break in a volunteer job. If you will look to the timestamps, all of that took place in exactly five minutes.

But, clearly this was foolish and negligent. So, I personally apologize for my five minute lapse in productivity.

In case you couldn't tell, this was meant in a joking fashion. Really, though, I stand by my point. Considering I spent about five hours straight working on mod' stuff and answering PMs to players last night alone, without pause, I don't particularly regret having a little fun this morning. We do get delayed on things, and that is true, but we try our very hardest to get to all of the applications, private and public reports, questions, and other issues as quickly as we possibly can. I'm sorry that we can't do it quicker than we already are, but we are trying our best.

10. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

I hold you accountable for all issues that may or may not have happened in that five minute lapse of work. Shame on you.

11. Chronicle

[​IMG]

12. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

I'm sorry but i broke my finger trying to contact you about something. i'm suing you for all of your money. wow look at all of this pain i'm in. it really hurts. ouch

13. Hawke

Hawke ACK!

THANKS OCHROMA

14. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

It's more of a personal issue with someone on the mod team. I'm sure you know who they are. Before they became a mod we'd hang out and talk and do things. Now that they're a mod, it's totally changed. What I don't appreciate the most is that they essentially discarded me for moderators. That's what it's felt like anyway, and of course, with how exclusive you guys are, talking about the server is entirely different. Before this friend of mine could essentially not care as much, hell, they could critisize the server, etc. But now, now there's this act that the server takes priority. Companionship between moderators takes priority. Not being able to roleplay because you're busy volunteering takes priority.

Honestly I could write this better, take a different approach, but, I'm tired at this time of night, and I'm working to avoid confrontations like this. Hope you guys understand where I'm coming from! Message me if you have any more questions or want to keep talking about this Goodnight.

15. Chronicle

Well, firstly, if you've having a personal issue with one person that isn't even acting as a moderator during the issue, I would ask that you please not take it out on our staff as a whole. That's hardly fair.

Secondly, I would recommend hashing the situation out with the individual in private, but do keep in mind that we do have responsibility here with this position. I, personally, have had to give up roleplaying opportunities a couple of times to do more important work that I was told to do. Was it something I preferred? No, but I did it anyway. While we can't work 24/7, we do still have jobs to do, and they often come up suddenly and at inconvenient times, or pre-set times we can't work around.

...Regardless, I do recommend trying to have some sympathy that someone would be forced to be responsible in a position of responsibility. I've cleaned up my own act a lot since becoming a moderator, as well, simply because it's the necessary thing to do. I can't just act however I want, because my words now reflect those of the team, whether I mean them to or not. To reiterate: It is expected that you act responsibly if you're in a position of responsibility. To not do so is just negligent. Keep that in mind. Oftentimes it's nothing personal, but we have to do what we must, because people rely on us. As an example of something similar: It's the same reason I loathe denying applications, even if one is really subpar and the player would obviously be a negative impact on the server. Still sucks to have to do it.

Since this is derailing the thread, I'm leaving it at that.

16. King Tickle

King Tickle I hope it rains in this tunnel.

Attached Files:

• mfw.png
      mfw.png
      File size:
      138.5 KB
      Views:
  17. Chronicle

i agree.

it's the resolution of that picture.

[​IMG]

18. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Chronicle

[​IMG]

20. King Tickle

King Tickle I hope it rains in this tunnel.

Did I ever tell you I hate you?
    Well I do.