1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The Total War thread, the place for wannabe Armchair Generals & Admirals

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ivrian, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Ivrian

Ivrian New Member

Well this quite speaks for itself.

Although Rome 2 is a big fat NO for me. How that turned out.. It makes me cry and wanting to hide myself in a corner. We should all blame SEGA for that Im sure.

2. InfernoFiend

InfernoFiend Sake Soldier

This will desribe how I play Total War games

[​IMG]

-EDIT-
    The b*tch being myself if someone tries to claim I offend them.

3. Crimeariver

Crimeariver New Member

The only Total War game I've played is Napoleon. I'm absolutely god awful at it but I certainly had a blast while getting my ass kicked on the second easiest setting.

4. Ivrian

Ivrian New Member

I think that the normal AI isnt that impressive, but thats just my personal opinion on the matter. Although when you try the Darthmod's, you really must be in for a world of pain now and then. One wrong move and it can be over, but definately worth it.

5. Ivrian

Ivrian New Member

What I found out through experience, bitches hate grenadiers, or mortars. Whatever you prefer. ;)
    [​IMG]

6. Crimeariver

Crimeariver New Member

You get +10 internets for a Hellsing Abridged reference.

7. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Medieval 2 and Rome 2 are my shit.

8. Ivrian

Ivrian New Member

Medieval 2 was a gem, wasted way to much time on that one. Ill admit that I played Rome 2 aswell, but till now I never really gotten into it like 1, although that was last year or something. I would have no clue what the current state of the game is.

9. InfernoFiend

*Alucard regenerates*
    "You done goofed." -Alucard
    "How the blood soaked protestant hell did ya do that?!" -Anderson
    "Fuck you, that's how." -Alucard

10. InfernoFiend

When cannons are unavailable aka I am playing shogun 2 in early stages I just spam archers and when the enemy melee troops get too close I back up and fire a set of arrows then back up more... I do love getting the fire arrows though 'cause that makes the little samurai burst into flames and flail on the ground.. Anyone else buy the Total war blood and gore packs? I do... it is satisfying watching a guys arm fly off of his torso lol

-EDIT-
    In general I put lines of ashigaru in the front so my arches will have time to retreat and hopefully my pikemen would be able to either severely wound the enemy or rout them. That is how I play when it is swords and bows. I own Rome 2 but I haven't played it.. is it any good?

11. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

My favorite strategy in ME 2 is if playing Germany (H.R.E.) have a mass if gothic knights, or lancers as France. And use cavalry charges in intervals before sending infantry. Nothing says Eff you quite like getting hammerred by heavy cavalry.

Rome2 takes more strategy in sone ways for me.

12. Ivrian

Ivrian New Member

Hehe, usage of many ashigaru archers. Cheap, expandable and they come in such a amount that they will always hit something. (( hmm, sounds like the Imperial guard from 40k. ))Have some ashigaru spearmen as nearby fragmeat to hold off the cavalry and impending infantry. Then let your own samurai units finish the job. This is especially amusing with the Hattori clan, sneaky bastards and their massive deployment zone. Although for multiplayer that would be a bit cheap.

13. Gorbachev

Gorbachev New Member

Currently I am playing Westeros Total War, one of my favorite mods for ME 2, mainly because I get to assassinate the Lannisters and burn Kings Landing. But strategy-wise, I love Rome Total War 1, I have played about 150 hours of RTW, and I still play it.