1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

RP seems a bit "Grouped".

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheSloth, Feb 27, 2014.

1. TheSloth

TheSloth New Member

Not really complaining, but it seems a bit hard for someone new to find RP. I tried the whole "Contact people through Radio for co-ords to a town", but that didn't work (Tried it yesterday and today, though I DID get a response from some cool guy about it saying that most of the colonies where probably closed.).

Maybe it's just me, I suppose? Not on all that often so maybe I just missed some obvious things?

2. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

You came at the worst possible time. Most if not all the colonies are wiped, and anything new being built runs the risk of being wiped. Rumour has it smaller groups and little traffic lower the chance of corruption/wipe, which is why you don't see sprawling metropolises...metropoli?

Anyway, just hang tight. Once the server is back up, you'll see larger groups. But really, it'd be a bit silly to see one planet where everyone goes to. It'd be chaos.

3. TheSloth

TheSloth New Member

Ah, okay. Thanks for the speedy reply! Shame to hear about all the wipes happening.

4. Mordaith

Mordaith New Member

I have only been playing for a few days and have found no shortage of RP. Lots of bored people out there, so just put yourself out there and do something that gets peoples attentions.

5. Valor

Valor New Member

As Tacc said, the most obvious thing is that most if not all of the colonies were wiped because of this silly patch. Though, there's still RP going about. It does get a little hectic when there are a lot of people RPing on one planet because of the way the chat system is set up - REALLY hard to see text when it keeps scrolling so quickly. :)

6. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

Plus even with the groups who are still around, I notice there are people who are taking a break until this bug is fixed -- either waiting for the fix or helping kyren @ Chucklefish find the root of the issue. This will definitely change (and return to some semblance of normalcy) once we're capable of establishing lasting settlements again. Don't know how long it'll be before we get back to that, though, as it looks like the vanishing worlds issue only occurs (or is easier to make occur) on multiplayer; however, the size of the group doesn't matter. On a private server test, we were able to make a world wipe with only three people on it. Pain in the neck.

7. Crimeariver

Crimeariver New Member

I personally am just waiting for the issues to be resolved before I start RPing anyway, since my character arc hasn't really started yet anyway.

8. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

its too bad we cant just go back to Furious K. until Enraged is fixed for MP. Its really put a damper on building :(

9. Crimeariver

Crimeariver New Member

The joys of playing games while they're in beta. You could always look on the bright side in that Starbound is available to play at all :)

10. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

I would agree with that if the game didn't work perfectly fine at release.

11. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

I totally understand that it's beta and there will be bugs glitches etc. I just wish you could like... Use old versions of the beta until the newer version gets a lil fixer upper.