1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Lets talk Team Fortress.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Liraxus, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Liraxus

Liraxus New Member

Love it or hate it, this is the often considered one of the greatest FPS' you can find on the PC(And horribly GIMP'd on consoles.), it's had its stupidity, it's jokes, and in the end, it's a game where you throw jars of piss on people while slapping the hands of the people you're supposed to be killing.

It's a god damn Team Fortress thread.

Share your rarities(Unusuals, Australiums, buds, etc.)
    Show off your loadouts
    Name your weapons cleverly
    Or give out trade offers because you need to get that god damn unusual you've wanted all your life.

2. Liraxus

Liraxus New Member

Productive posting, my fine friend, that single "wat" fully comprehends the entire soul, feeling, and collective concious of this games atmosphere, gameplay, and burritos.

You are a good man.

(I dunno)

3. Lavinda

Lavinda New Member

I used to play TF2 all the time, stopped after the 2013 halloween update, I was ranked number one on the server I frequented, too! So you can tell I was super pro! ((Spoilers, I wasn't, I just knew how to click on the things.))

Also, I named my Strange Jarate "The Golden Shower."

4. Ronnys

Ronnys New Member

terraria

OT: Yeah that game's fun but I don't play it so bye. x3

5. Hibou

Hibou New Member

I've a strange knife named "Agony" with the description "That can cut like a knife" because Into the Woods is best play.

6. Pixel

Pixel Captain Amurica

ah... good ole days when I still played FPS games with my laptop touchpad xD Was 5 years before I got a mouse

7. Ronnys

Ronnys New Member

no wait I do kinda now.

8. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

Unusual tam o shanter - green confetti
    Unusual tam o shanter - miami nights
    Unusual gentlemans gatsby - bubbling
    Collectors nessies 9 iron

WHICH IS MY FAV HAT?

ima admin on a tf2 trade server as well, though im currently on break

9. LeD

LeD New Member

Ive played TF2 for a long time. It was great but my PC was bad. I was affraid game would become bad before I get better PC.
    I was almost right. When I got new PC I could still play great game, but it was during its decay, as traders started to take over, and destroy the game with their business.. People being proud of hat on fire instead of cooperation. Im not saying I didnt have anything myself.
    I had great sets, great hats, great items, but vanity items were more about looks than price for me. Good looking, cheap set was more important than some lame hat that had totally not fitting effect on it. Some guy running around in not fitting pants with not fitting hat with not fitting effect, because whole set was unusual/genuine.
    But it was alright, I could ignore, I could go on, game was still enjoyable, gameplay was nice, even thou ever since polycount update quality of items was dropping.

And then... then game reached its end when it become Free 2 Play. I gave all my items away, even most expensive ones, even most dear to me, I no longer care about changes, new items, new weapons, new modes. People say current f2p isn't as bad as it used to be when it just started. Yeah, quality got a little bit better, because many F2Ps become good players, but this is wrath that time cannot heal. Sunday players, cheap players who never pay for what they play, and little children who just cannot pay for their games so they play F2Ps, destroying experience of other players, overtook the game and broke it.
    Old weapons loose with new weapons, that are OP compared to old ones. Then to fight with OP of new weapons, newer weapons are made that out-OP new weapons. Then the newest weapons do the same with newer weapons. And so on, and so on...

This is it, my opinion. TF2 used to be space shuttle, that somewhere on its way to the stars shapeshifted into rock, that fell down into the ocean of piss, and sinks ever since.

And I was proud of my spy set.

10. Lavinda

Lavinda New Member

These horrid "Sunday Players" Aren't able to access most servers, you know.

Also that rant about OP weapons makes no sense, the game is quite balanced at the moment.

My only issue is that there's not been a weapon added in a very long time, just garbage cosmetics.

11. Ness

Ness New Member

2000 hours. still no unusual. -cries pitifully-

12. Natasha

Natasha New Member

I have most of my classes with unusual weapons, other then medic and spy with are the only classes i never seem to play.

13. Switchback

i have 2112 hours in tf2. i have 3 unusuals. i unboxed 2 and sold them. GET WRECKT PUNK <3

14. LeD

LeD New Member

You can have 6000 hours in tf2 and no unusuals, unless you decide to waste either time to trade or money for keys..or both.

15. Natasha

Natasha New Member

Trading metal for unusual dose not take all that long actually.

16. Ness

Ness New Member

NO STOP PLS
    IM REALLY JEALOUS

17. Lavinda

Lavinda New Member

I can get an unusual really easily. I just dislike them a ton, I'm happy with my silly sets. I was the first person to make a super-saiyan scout, so.

18. Switchback

U JELLLY JELLLLLLYYYYY