1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The Universe & You

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Kazyyk, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

Stark, at Alpha Andrea 407 II a X: 35 Y: -12; Got wiped now.

Could you please recover it? Was it on purpose?

2. Aissa

Aissa Clockwork Pastry Lobster

Gamma Mensae wiped last night, immediately following one other player and me attempting to beam down when the server crashed. And it had done so well for so long, too...

3. Eleven

Eleven Mädchen in Uniform

Mhm ... Kazy said he won't restore untill the issue is fixed.
    And the fix might be near, it is just Being tested in unstable which is hotfix 6 and we are actually hotfix 5 in "stable"

4. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

Yeah, all we need to do in the test is to capture a previously uncorrupted world (using version 6, which keeps multiple logs) so that we can find the point in which it corrupts. Actually kind of difficult, haha. I'm hoping the logs kept by the other server owners in the Chucklefish forum thread contain the answer.

5. Aissa

Aissa Clockwork Pastry Lobster

I had a world that was a-Ok. Never had an issue with it. I had people there to RP, never used any weird modded object, everything was marvelously and suspiciously stable.

This morning, between 3 and 6am EST, another player and I were beaming down so I could show them something, when there was a server crash. We logged back in, tried to beam down again, and the world had been reverted to its unbuilt state.

Maybe there'd be a way to time someone beaming down to a world with inducing a deliberate server crash in version 6, and see what those logs spit out?

6. The Grand Mugwump

Sadly the server does not keep time stamps in its logs when things happen. Someone has to sit there and stare at the console to know when something has happened.

My attempts at getting a unstable v6 server up and running ended in failure. I can get a server to work in v5, but the instant I went to unstable v6, weeeeird stuff started happening and no one oustide my local network could join. Then I rolled back to v5 and it all worked again.

#86 The Grand Mugwump, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2014
  7. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Clients must also have v6 to connect to a v6 server.

8. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Yeah. The players helping Mug test did have the correct client installed.

9. Idenix

Idenix New Member

Sorry for the idiocy, but what server are you talking about?

10. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Mugwump has been kind enough to host a side server for testing purposes over this last week, to allow our actual server to remain open for everyone to use.

11. Idenix

Idenix New Member

Is the server still active? If so, how can I get on it? Or is for specified testers only.

12. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Specified testers.

13. Idenix

Idenix New Member

damn. I need to find other servers for when this one is having troubles or is down for maintenance. So far for me, it's this server or single player. (And I don't play on single player so it's this or nothing) Not saying I would ditch this server, I love this one. I just need a backup one to go to if this one is experiencing... Problems.

#93 Idenix, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2014
  14. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

Oh, Mug's server (which is really just hosted on a computer, not a dedicated VM) only goes up when we need to do specific testing, like corrupt a world or test the effects of mod mismatch errors on threading. It's definitely not even close to what I would call an "alternate server."

15. Valor

Valor New Member

I'd be up for assisting with the new version if you need more numbers to try and 'break' the server. (Been keeping up with the thread over on Chucklefish's forum.)

Just PM me the details if you need me, whenever the port shenanigans for v6 get fixed.